Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yea but would you even give a 3 the time of day to get to know his personality? Looks come first.
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Some guys are dilholes.

LOL haven't heard that one in a while...
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would consider me to be a 7-8 but my personality is a 10+! lol

Honestly, back when I was single, and 320lbs, I didn't have any issues with getting men (and not just DTF). I think that if you only rank yourself a 3 then you will only look like a 1 in some people's eyes. You have to have confidence and if you are dating then you should know the game. Don't just come out being a huge roaring b**ch and think he will truly like you for being "who you are".

As much as some say they don't wanna "play any games"...everyone is playing a game of some sort when they are single. Being it the "hard to get but when I give it I become a Code 9 Clinger", "slutty mistress that slowly becomes a nun when official", "just wanna be friends but I am secretly hoping you marry me -b.s.", etc. etc. etc..

Play the game, snag a good partner, and then become a "slutty huge roaring b**ch". lol. It worked well for me. j/k j/k j/k
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Do you girls know what I'm talking about or is this just me?

I hope the girls do because I have no clue.

Ranking human beings like that by number is degrading in my opinion. There are no leagues. There is no objective standard of beauty where some people are 3s or 6s or 10s or whatever. That is just advertisers trying to brainwash you.

There are only adults, attraction and differing levels of maturity.

I thought the 'rating' thing went by the wayside after that old Bo Derek Movie, "10." Who DOES that anymore? Or is it that "everything old comes back new again?"

are you new here?

have you not seen those hundreds of "rate/date/hump/dump me" threads that clutter up this forum constantly??
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    "We accept the love we think we deserve".
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    <
    3....and I'm dating an 8!!! I'm Loven it!!!!
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ~opens mouth~.........~closes backs out~
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    To be fair-- guys have more ways of becoming "8's," all's it takes is money and confidence
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    jake-laughing-o.gif
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I know where your coming from! I have been single for almost a year now and it seems like the guys that I liked whom I thought were on the same attractiveness level as myself always shot me down and went for the 9's or 10's.

Personally I consider myself to be on the higher end of an 8 or so and I know once I am at my goal weight I will be a definite 10...or maybe that is be being overly confident but oh well.
  • IkirPaulson
    IkirPaulson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think my response is very unbiased and non-offensive. Don't attack me if you disagree with what I've posted, please.

Studies done on speed dating show that when asked to fill out a survey about what they want and how they rate themselves, both men and women have the same criteria for what they are looking for in a partner (e.g. kind, stable, attractive, smart…) and were "realistic" in how they rated themselves. HOWEVER, when it came time to choose out of the many people they went on a speed date with, the women only selected partners who were "within their league" and met their criteria list. The men completely disregarded the list and selected a partner that was above a certain "prettiness threshold" they had set in their head. Whether or not any other criteria was met, or if they were "out of their league".

What does it mean? Well, for the people in that particular study (and it was small scale), men will date anything they deem attractive enough to stick their ___ into, and women will go for what they think they deserve.

Being a woman myself and experiencing the dating world, my opinion is that it is a realistic interpretation.

Thoughts?
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yep. Men are weird in this respect...where they seem to have this sense of entitlement to date whichever woman they want regardless of how much more attractive she is. And the superiority over women. Ugh.

I know, it's a huge problem, isn't it? Women feel all entitled to this "monogamy" and "relationship" and "talking" stuff after we have sex, regardless of how much objectively better I am then her -- better job, thinner, stronger, smarter... everything! It's disgusting, I tell you.
  • IkirPaulson
    IkirPaulson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have confidence! You're a 10! Some guys date pretty girls to boost their self-esteem and show off to other people. Like somehow dating someone that others deem attractive makes you a better person? WRONG!
    Girls do it too. We are a society based on appearance. I wonder how different dating would be if we were all blind?
  • hlavers
    hlavers Posts: 32
    Options
    Looks are only skin deep and does not equate a healthy, loving relationship.

I am overweight, my husband is tall, skinny with curly hair and glasses. He thinks I am the most beautiful woman on earth and I think he is both handsome and adorable.

I fell in love with him because he is an amazingly kind, generous, sweet, loving person. He loves me for who I am and NOT what I look like. He supports me in everthing I do.

If you are looking for 'the one' and true love you have to stop trying to attract guys who are only looking at the physical and do the same yourself. Look for someone who makes you melt from the goodness that shines through their soul. The guy that will stop over after work with a Feel better soon card and chocolate when you text and say you're having a bad day, the one who will clean the dishes after you cook (or better still will cook for you!), the one who will buy you flowers...just beacuse.

These guys do exist. It took me a long time and dating the wrong type of guys for 8 years to find him, but he was sooo worth it!!
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I find when you're fat, it's really easy to blame relationship issues on your looks. It's easier to say "that dude was a douche" than to address the inside stuff. This is, at least, what I've found in the last two years. On-going battle.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How do you know the girls they are going for are out of their league? Because YOU rated them a 3 and YOU rated the girl an 8?

Stop rating people by their looks would be your first step.

THIS^^^^ - And is you thought of yourself as a ten as you ought, perhaps you'd attract partners that also felt that way about themselves inside and out and you'd have a blissful relationship. If you're rating based on exterior features you're missing sooooo very much and I urge you to look inside of yourself as well as others. Best of luck to you!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Guilty! lol

i honestly think this works both ways though.

I guess the OP is really refering to her experiences with online dating? I'm pretty shy, but i can communicate pretty well through writting. I thought online dating would be a good way for me to go.

i could probably count on one had the number of connections i made on websites... and i was pretty much giving anyone a try
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Based on my past experience:

Girls walk all over nice guys and will leave them in a heart beat for a bad boy. Once they have the bad boy's baby then they look for the nice guy.
    Id like to know this but from a guys perspective. My best friend in the world is average looking, A drummer, 27 years old and most importantly the nicest man bar my hubby i know. If i were single id marry him. He doesnt seem to be able to get any girls and even when he does they cheat on him.

He recently dated a girl for over a year who to be honest was rough as but she still cheated on him, whats that all about? x
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options

Girls walk all over nice guys and will leave them in a heart beat for a bad boy. Once they have the bad boy's baby then they look for the nice guy.
    Id like to know this but from a guys perspective. My best friend in the world is average looking, A drummer, 27 years old and most importantly the nicest man bar my hubby i know. If i were single id marry him. He doesnt seem to be able to get any girls and even when he does they cheat on him.

He recently dated a girl for over a year who to be honest was rough as but she still cheated on him, whats that all about? x

Agreed.
    Which is why I won't date anyone who has kids. Not again.
    I don't want the kids ahole father in my life until the end of time.
    Especially as his kids may well grow up to be trouble (I'm a big believer in genetics).
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

THIS!!! I went on a few dates with a single mom who was recently divorced. The subject of types came up at some point. Though I'm sure she didn't mean it as badly as it sounded, she mentioned how she likes chubby guys now that she was a little older and heavier. She said when she was "young and hotter" she dated mostly bad boys but looks at personality more now. Ladies, that attitude is a little insulting. Basically you'll date me now that you have a kid and you're heavy but when you were young, hot, and baggageless you wouldn't of? Sorry. I don't feel like being sloppy seconds.