Guys that are a 3 trying to be with girls that are an 8...

Options

Replies

• da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Do you girls know what I'm talking about or is this just me?

I hope the girls do because I have no clue.

Ranking human beings like that by number is degrading in my opinion. There are no leagues. There is no objective standard of beauty where some people are 3s or 6s or 10s or whatever. That is just advertisers trying to brainwash you.

There are only adults, attraction and differing levels of maturity.

I thought the 'rating' thing went by the wayside after that old Bo Derek Movie, "10." Who DOES that anymore? Or is it that "everything old comes back new again?"

are you new here?

have you not seen those hundreds of "rate/date/hump/dump me" threads that clutter up this forum constantly??

Yep, I've seen them, and nope, I'm not new here. I simply don't bother with those threads. I replied to this one just for the hell of it. :bigsmile:
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Based on my past experience:

Girls walk all over nice guys and will leave them in a heart beat for a bad boy. Once they have the bad boy's baby then they look for the nice guy.
    THIS!!! I went on a few dates with a single mom who was recently divorced. The subject of types came up at some point. Though I'm sure she didn't mean it as badly as it sounded, she mentioned how she likes chubby guys now that she was a little older and heavier. She said when she was "young and hotter" she dated mostly bad boys but looks at personality more now. Ladies, that attitude is a little insulting. Basically you'll date me now that you have a kid and you're heavy but when you were young, hot, and baggageless you wouldn't of? Sorry. I don't feel like being sloppy seconds.

I couldn't possibly agree more.
    It's insulting for a guy to hear and the woman comes across as incredibly shallow. Because she is.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Who knows when it comes to dating?

I'm usually one of the jokers in the group. I help my friends with household repairs. When I saw a complete stranger get into a rollover accident, I let him use my cell phone, administered first aid, and stayed with him for six hours until everything was done because I could tell he needed someone to have his back. When one of my female coworkers had too much to drink, I waited outside with her, gave her my jacket, and even stood up to block her from any onlookers when she was leaning over a trash can.

When someone needs help, I'm there, even if I have to wade through a river of *kitten* to do it. That's just how I am.

I'm college-educated and reality-tested. I'm not running as fast as I did when I entered the military, but I have kept myself pretty fit and healthy. I'm also financially self-sufficient with a good job, a car, plenty of money saved in the bank, a house and property that have made more than a couple people envious, and zero debt except for my mortgage. I can clean. I can sew. I've even made an entire Thanksgiving meal for my family all by myself. Whether we're talking the corporate or domestic world, I can hold my own.

All in all, I'd say I've also got a pretty good resume... and I've never once had a girlfriend- not even the more causal kinds you have in middle or high school.

But I learned not to get upset with other people or to worry about what they rate me or others as. As long as it isn’t based on lies and I’m a functional, helpful member of society, I don’t care if someone rates me as a 0 or a 10. To this day, I have abandoned all concerns about winning popularity contests of any form. “Mr. Popular” is not who I am.

I am myself.

There are things about me and about the way I live that some people will not like. There are things about me on which I'm not willing to compromise just for the sake of making myself seem more attractive on the scale I think others are using. I'm pretty sure that some people may count me out automatically (especially online) for the sake of being in the military or for having facial hair even though I wish they wouldn't. But that's FINE. I would rather people avoid me for who I truly was than for anybody to even "like" me because of a lie. I'm living my life the way I feel I should because I'm the one who must account for my actions and, at the end of the day, I want to be able to look anybody in the eye and say I did the best I could with what I had, for as long as I had it.

My advice is to throw away this thought of “leagues” that you should stay in or out of. The whole “league” thing is immature, non-productive, and is just about you putting limits on yourself that may not be there and then expecting others to conform to those limits. Even if you conform to what you think others say is a “10”, you will likely STILL not be attractive to someone. Be your OWN “10”. Take on the old Army slogan and “be all that you can be”. Then you can say you lived your life and didn’t just spend it waiting for someone who may or may not have been there.

If, along the way, you find yourself with someone, that’s wonderful, and I hope we all might be so lucky. But if you don’t find someone, can you really say you’d have been better off lying to yourself and others just for the sake of not being single?

Besides, sometimes finding love is a fluke. My parents met because my mother accompanied a professor to a seminar at my dad’s school and my dad volunteered to be another professor’s guide because that meant he got out of class for a week. They met, were themselves, were married about a year later, and this June will be their 40th anniversary. But both had their lives planned out to with the expectation they would be single. They were comfortable with themselves and honest with themselves and others. That is what had them primed to find love, not fretting over some ranking system.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Most guys are way more shallow than women.
    Once they realize that whats important in life is a woman that gives you 50/50 and makes your life better is so much more important than having a trophy at your side that doesnt improve your life they are SOOOOOOO much better off.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    if you want a guy that looks like channing tatum then go get a guy that looks like channing tatum. i'd rather not be sitting next to a girl who is thinking of the guy she really wants but for whatever reason feels like she's settling for what she things she can have. go get him.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You know, us 3's need goals.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live in society where people are reduced to a number between 1 and 10. Fortunately, I don't.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Guilty! lol

i honestly think this works both ways though.

Yes, shallowness is a two-way street.

That said, I find the whole number system degrading. Why not adopt something simple, like Select, Choice and Prime? That system works well for the USDA.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had an average looking, large guy tell me I was nice enough but he couldn't date me because my pant size is 16. He only dates size 12 or smaller.......seriously. How sad. Next please!
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's all about pheromones. It seems to me you're putting out an insecurity about yourself, and men aren't attracted to that. It also seems rather than being confident about all these things you can do, or "being a good catch" is more so a list for you. Start by being more confident in yourself. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar! :flowerforyou:
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Who knows when it comes to dating?

I'm usually one of the jokers in the group. I help my friends with household repairs. When I saw a complete stranger get into a rollover accident, I let him use my cell phone, administered first aid, and stayed with him for six hours until everything was done because I could tell he needed someone to have his back. When one of my female coworkers had too much to drink, I waited outside with her, gave her my jacket, and even stood up to block her from any onlookers when she was leaning over a trash can.

When someone needs help, I'm there, even if I have to wade through a river of *kitten* to do it. That's just how I am.

I'm college-educated and reality-tested. I'm not running as fast as I did when I entered the military, but I have kept myself pretty fit and healthy. I'm also financially self-sufficient with a good job, a car, plenty of money saved in the bank, a house and property that have made more than a couple people envious, and zero debt except for my mortgage. I can clean. I can sew. I've even made an entire Thanksgiving meal for my family all by myself. Whether we're talking the corporate or domestic world, I can hold my own.

All in all, I'd say I've also got a pretty good resume... and I've never once had a girlfriend- not even the more causal kinds you have in middle or high school.

But I learned not to get upset with other people or to worry about what they rate me or others as. As long as it isn’t based on lies and I’m a functional, helpful member of society, I don’t care if someone rates me as a 0 or a 10. To this day, I have abandoned all concerns about winning popularity contests of any form. “Mr. Popular” is not who I am.

I am myself.

There are things about me and about the way I live that some people will not like. There are things about me on which I'm not willing to compromise just for the sake of making myself seem more attractive on the scale I think others are using. I'm pretty sure that some people may count me out automatically (especially online) for the sake of being in the military or for having facial hair even though I wish they wouldn't. But that's FINE. I would rather people avoid me for who I truly was than for anybody to even "like" me because of a lie. I'm living my life the way I feel I should because I'm the one who must account for my actions and, at the end of the day, I want to be able to look anybody in the eye and say I did the best I could with what I had, for as long as I had it.

My advice is to throw away this thought of “leagues” that you should stay in or out of. The whole “league” thing is immature, non-productive, and is just about you putting limits on yourself that may not be there and then expecting others to conform to those limits. Even if you conform to what you think others say is a “10”, you will likely STILL not be attractive to someone. Be your OWN “10”. Take on the old Army slogan and “be all that you can be”. Then you can say you lived your life and didn’t just spend it waiting for someone who may or may not have been there.

If, along the way, you find yourself with someone, that’s wonderful, and I hope we all might be so lucky. But if you don’t find someone, can you really say you’d have been better off lying to yourself and others just for the sake of not being single?

Besides, sometimes finding love is a fluke. My parents met because my mother accompanied a professor to a seminar at my dad’s school and my dad volunteered to be another professor’s guide because that meant he got out of class for a week. They met, were themselves, were married about a year later, and this June will be their 40th anniversary. But both had their lives planned out to with the expectation they would be single. They were comfortable with themselves and honest with themselves and others. That is what had them primed to find love, not fretting over some ranking system.

I love this entire post.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Its a 2 way street out there.. Almost all online dating sites are just a big picture fest, nobody really reads profiles.. you send a message they look at the picture and decide to respond.. thats it.. Woman are the same way, and if your attractive on an online site they probably get 20+ messages a day from guys, of which they probably respond to 1 or 2 of the guys they think look hot.. not the nice guys..
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Despite the fact that I've learned the hard way that beauty is only skin deep......................I'm an optimist :)
  • louisel809
    Options
    between a 10 bad boy and a 3 nice guy i will ALWAYS pick the nice guy.
    Incidently i have a 10 nice guy.........smug :)
  • Absaluteme
    Absaluteme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Given that these "threes" want to date only "eights" n upwards, why would you want to date them anyway? All sounds a bit books judging covers etc to me. Having said that, if you consider yourself a "three or four" would you date a "one".
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I know people at all levels of attractiveness who get dates/relationships... If men only wanted to be with 8+s I certainly wouldn't ever have anybody.
  • Absaluteme
    Absaluteme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious.
  • Millie2045
    Options
    I got rated as a 3 yesterday and it hurt me. Admittedly my
    photo was taken by my husband when I had just got in from
    a twelve hour shift with no makeup on & my hair desperate
    for a cut but people must realise these points could hurt people.
    To be honest I don't care I'm 44 years old I know I don't take
    a good photo but I have a husband who loves me for me and that is what matters
    surely??
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I was rated an 11 by some women who were 50 +'s....so I'm good!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's all in the eyes of the beholder. You're talking about Channing Tatum like he's a 10, which in your eyes, he may be, but in my eyes, he's not.

You're also talking about yourself like you are a 3 deserving a 3. I think if you have more confidence in yourself, you'll open yourself up to a lot more options and not even worry about some silly number.