women who carry their weight in the midsection?!

Options

Replies

• LisaMia66
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one trying to get rid of belly fat! I hate my tummy and my major muffin top. I found some awesome workout videos on YouTube that focus on TONS of different areas of the body. If you do a search for fitnessblender they'll come up. There are several different videos for abs and getting rid of a muffin top. I personally haven't tried any of the workouts yet but occasionally I do the jumping oblique twists to "attempt" to whittle my waist. LOL. Good luck! :wink:
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I also carry all my weight in my mid section and still look pregnant even though i gave birth over a year ago now. Id say just keep at it, don't give up and focus some of your excersizes on that area x

I think you have ab separation. There are specific exercises you can do such as reverse crunches that help lose the pregnant look. I have a dvd from befitmom that specializes in just this.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one trying to get rid of belly fat! I hate my tummy and my major muffin top. I found some awesome workout videos on YouTube that focus on TONS of different areas of the body. If you do a search for fitnessblender they'll come up. There are several different videos for abs and getting rid of a muffin top. I personally haven't tried any of the workouts yet but occasionally I do the jumping oblique twists to "attempt" to whittle my waist. LOL. Good luck! :wink:

Aquatic exercise is great for doing oblique twists--much less likely to injure yourself than doing "jumping oblique twists" on dry land. :smile:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Me me me! It's the first place I gain and the last place I lose :sad: . Making some progress though:

Before:

Round1Day1rightsidesmall.jpg

In progress:

Round2day1rightsidesmall.jpg
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've always carried my extra weight around my tummy, having kids definitely didn't help that! I have a before (170) and after (138) in my profile. I've lost the weight and inches just watching what I eat, exercising at home to Jillian Michaels and more recently I got a fitbit and make sure I stay active and hit my step goals!

eta: I'm 5'2"

^^^ This is me! But I am down to 149 and I am just keeping at it. I still have a ways to go. C-Section did not help the area either but I will work on it. It takes time!!! I also have the fitbit which does make me more active.
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Options
    Everyone is so inspiring-great job to those who posted pics, and great job to those who are in process!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I had to cut my carbs to 100g a day or less, increase my cardio and incorporate at least 25 minutes of heavy lifting 2 times a week. That's the only way I have seen a difference in my belly.
  • PinkLinda
    PinkLinda Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my focus now is on my belly......however no specific excercise helps it...just an allover excercise plan. some cardio and definitely weights help. nutrition wise........greatly reduce carbs and sugar!! i've noticed progress on me and so this month I challenged myself no bread, pizza, pasta or beer. ugh! my favorites, but i feel good. brown rice i can have as it is a grain but only early in day like lunch. or i get the sushi in brown rice. add in more lean protein.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    *bumping for later*
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Such inspiring posts on here and amazing transformations! :)..Mid section is also my problem area, it reallyy troubles me cause i'm quite happy with the rest of my body :(...Sucks...but guess i'm not alone and have to keep powering through.
    Recently took up kickboxing and also starting to incorporate JM into my workouts, nerdfitness.com have some good beginners workouts too :).
    I guess most of it does boil down to what choices you make in the kitchen, i'm still working on that but i've improved so much since last year where i used to eat biscuits and white bread!

Slow process but will get there, this site is so supporting. :D
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some awesome pics on here!
  • Spamcat
    Spamcat Posts: 45
    Options
    bump - for later
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Interesting comments about carbs and stress packing the pounds on around the tummy area. I may fall into this category of this change helping me, so it could be true as to my weight loss - I know everyone is different. I had put on probably a good amount of my weight in the last 5-7 years, during this time we had a baby, I quit working to stay home, started a business, my husbands business is up and down a few years of more down then up for a time. My eating habits morphed into large portions carbs all day long, like starting the day with 1-2 bagels, a banana in the morning maybe a handful of pretzels, a sandwhich or two at lunch, dinner with bread, or pasta, potatoes, throw in chips, cereal, granola and throughout and it is staggering to think of. While I don't adhere to any specific diet, I do everything in moderation, the carbs have been cut way back, I try to eat as much food as I can for as little calories, so starting the day with 2 bagels simply won't work anymore. I try to stick to my macros, though I don't obsess, just plan and make changes if I am going to go crazy over on something, so I keep an eye on carbs, but from my former eating lifestyle this is probably one of the most drastic changes.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Eat less and lift weights. It's the hardest place for me to lose as well, but lifting tightens everything up. I still have fat to lose in my stomach/love handles, but it's not near as jiggly now.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my midsection and we have to focus more on our diet! THATS THE KEY! DIET DIET DIET more then exercise although that is important too but #1 is DIET! HERE ARE SOME BEFORE AND AFTERS OF MY BELLY ONCE I SWITCHED UP MY DIET!

BEFORE

Before412.jpg

AFTER

Snapshot_20120602.jpg

THE ONLY THING I CHANGED IS WHAT I WAS EATING I STOPPED EATING SUGAR AND GRAINS AND WENT LOW CARBS (UNDER 40 GRAMS A DAY)

Hope that Helps :-D
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me too. I'm 5'4" and banana-shaped (no curves to speak of). But my stomach has always been my problem area, esp. after having a child. Jillian Michaels' 6 Week Six-Pack workout definitely helped tone that area, but I have no idea how I would achieve an actual 6-pack (aside from buying one in the cold beer section).
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Anyone have success pics??

I am 5'4 -- and i carry all of my weight there.. NEED some motivation and tips to get rid of it!!

It's mostly Diet.. watch what foods you put in your body. lean protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains are the best

I am slowly losing in the midsection!! my diet has helped a lot.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do too! Check out my ticker...it was all mostly belly!

Abs are made in the kitchen but reviled in the gym :)
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    I do too! Check out my ticker...it was all mostly belly!

Abs are made in the kitchen but reviled in the gym :)
    Incredible! You look totally awesome! (Can you tell I'm an 80's girl? LOL)
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    28sxy8l.jpg

It's taken years of failures to get to this point. I do cardio everyday, usually just walking or jogging. I do weights 3-4 days a week alternating upper and lower body.

I'd love to lose the rest of my weight and get a six pack, but I'll be happy if I just keep progressing overall.

Feel free to add me if you want to!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!