What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I no longer need ED medication.
  • Rabona0625
    Rabona0625 Posts: 2 Member
    I kept going to the large woman's side of the store; it was not real to me that I had shrunk from an 18 to a 6-8. I just started this program cause I want to lose a little more but I lost 52lbs on WW and have kept it off for 7 years :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    I get drunk quicker. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but i sure didnt think 13 lbs would make that big of a difference!
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    bump! This is fun to read :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    I get drunk quicker. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but i sure didnt think 13 lbs would make that big of a difference!

I would rank that as a benefit! :happy:
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    The thing that has surprised me the most is how many people tell me I am an inspiration for them to lose weight.

YES! This completely!
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Congratulations! Your post game me goosebumps :flowerforyou:
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Bump! This is so awesome, and I am so excited about slowly seeing all of these changes take place!
    I can't wait! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    i got men all over me constantly.
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    I get hit on once in awhile, nice feeling :smile:
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    These are great!!! Keep 'em coming!!!!
  • The loose skin, for sure. I wasn't *that* overweight and I'm still relatively young (25). Here's hoping that my skin will regain a little elasticity since I did lose quickly. Oh, and I work out tons.

People do look at me differently. I'm finally in the normal range for my weight and I feel like people aren't seeing the chub first thing.

My confidence with my naked body is actually lower. I never lacked libido, but I have found I have more stamina in the bedroom now. I like being on top a lot more now too. ;)

Your skin will tighten up...esp at your age. I'm 40 and I have lost some of the saggy skin already after a 40 lb weight loss.
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Yes, the "O"'s are better! And, more playful[ too!
    quote]
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.
    [/quote]
  • I am freezing, all the time (yes, I get plenty of iron-I'm assuming it's because 75lbs of insulation is gone).

And my weird one is that I feel like peope are constantly in my "space"-like always too close. I think this is probably because I still don't "see" the change. I am about 12" smaller around than I was, but I don't see it or feel it. I'm assuming that since I occupy a foot less space (not really, but not getting into geometry), I just feel like people are in my "space" that used to be occupied by flab and I still feel like it is. Idk - but people really need to back off - do you really need to stand that close to me in line at the store?

It also surprises me that I don't see it. I was wearing a size 20/22, now I'm in 8/10. How can I not see that? I honestly don't know-but I really don't. And that is a surprise to me. Everyone else sees it-but I don't.

Try standing with your feet shoulder width apart and put your hands on your hips. I will venture to guess that when you were bigger you consciously and unconsciously tried to take up less space. Now that you are small you need to claim that space back. People are much less likely to crowd a woman who is claiming the space around her.

I know what you mean about not seeing the difference. I went from size 14 to size 6/8. If I eat one thing that is off my plan, I feel like I'm back to a size 14. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I am surprised to see this thin lady looking at me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Veins showing in my calves and shoulders when lifting. I don't even have more than a tiny shred of my first ab showing yet...how the hell do I have veins popping on my shoulders when deadlifting already?
  • bump
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    i got men all over me constantly.

Me too, I'd prefer it be women but the only thing worse than being noticed and hounded is being ignored, I mean... what is wrong with me?
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    I'm starting to feel a lot colder too. I've only been on MFP for about a month, but before that have lost about a stone and a bit (16lbs total) since April 2012. My sister (a fab size 10!) has always felt the cold and used to call me her Furnace and put her hands on me because I could SO easily warm her up. But I'm starting to wear a coat when I walk between buildings at work (never used to, even in winter snow!) and turning the radiator up from Snowflake in my office. I didn't think 16lbs would make such a difference. Or maybe I'm just getting old :cry:
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    How much more comfortable movie theater and airplane seats are now!

I can't wait for this one!!!

Me Too! I refuse to go on on a plane until I'm not worried I'll have to ask for a belt extension. It was always such a struggle to do the damn' thing up, and also pull down the meal tray properly. I'm REALLY looking forward to that. Theatre and cinema seats are getting bigger anyway, so that's not an issue!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.

Only time I am NOT cold is when I am burnin calories at the gym! hehe...but I agree, a small price to pay!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!