Poop

Options

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Ummm... you have a daily calorie goal of 830 calories?!?!?!??!?!?

Try eating something, you probably dont have enough in your system to actually have a bowel movement.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too. Be careful with Fiber One cereal or bars; they can cause really painful gas and sometimes they don't help with the "go" problem at all, so you're uncomfortably constipated AND in agony. No good. What worked well for me was benefiber chews, LOTS of water, and walking. Prunes don't hurt either. I really like sunsweet orange essence prunes. Make sure to eat your greens, and throw in some tea (coffee helps too, but if you don't like it, tea should help just as well).
  • ash518
    Options
    Have a cup or two of black coffee
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Have you recently changed your suppliments (vitimins)? This can be a contributing factor.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Do a salt water rinse... you drink 1 liter of warm water with 2 tablespoons of sea salt... then don't plan on going anywhere for a few hours... cleans everything right out....
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    more raisins if you already eat them, lol. you could try prune juice too. i had constipation issues in grade school and drank a glass of prune juice daily mixed with sprite...tastes like crap though.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Do a salt water rinse... you drink 1 liter of warm water with 2 tablespoons of sea salt... then don't plan on going anywhere for a few hours... cleans everything right out....

Epsom salt, NOT sea salt.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's not a healthy choice, but Taco Bell usually will do the trick and quickly.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    If you believe you can poop, you will poop. Just believe in yourself.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bowl of prunes
    or maybe a bowl of all bran

This! Also a fleet will get it out of you in seconds!
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options

I could do this..... ground or instant though? does it make a difference? hahaha
  • ejay90
    Options
    If you believe you can poop, you will poop. Just believe in yourself.

I like this!!
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 77 Member
    Options

That works for me every morning!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Epsom salt, NOT sea salt.

Be prepared to be on the toilet ALL DAY. Seriously.

I recommend Papaya Extract. You can get it in chewable tablets, located in the vitamin section.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I could do this..... ground or instant though? does it make a difference? hahaha

Depends on how quickly you want to poop
  • ejay90
    Options
    It's not a healthy choice, but Taco Bell usually will do the trick and quickly.

dont have taco bell here
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Why is your daily goal set to 650 calories??? :noway:

I looked at your diary for the last week or so - very few veggies and fruit is nonexistent, no healthy fats (avocados, olive or coconut oils, nuts) at all. You should be eating quite a bit more and a better variety of foods, which will make your body happier all the way around, not just in the poop department.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Prunes. Water.
    Oh, and as a new runner, I've discovered that running shakes things down.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Unflavored Miralax to put into your drinks every night. It helps loosen everything up and makes you regular.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE in the poop!!!!

You can try:

Prunes
    Bran muffins with raisins (these always work for me lol)
    If it's really bad, a VERY mild laxative or something like mineral oil can help, but you never really want to use those too much, as your body will become dependent on them to move your bowels, but on occasion they can get things started, and then eating things to keep things moving will be more effective

ETA: Also, eat food. 850 calories wouldn't even be enough for a small child. You probably don't have anything in you to poop out... *sigh*