Guys do you ever feel like you can't do it.

Options

Replies

• debrafraser
    debrafraser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes, all the time. Let yourself feel it, but just keep going...baby steps...forward.
  • Gayejewell
    Options
    Yes everyday I have to talk myself into eating the right things. and now I have to talk to myself into going for a walk . I've been dieting for a mth. and 1/2 and have only lost 4lbs . It helps If I remind myself it took me 11 years to get this weight on it might take that long to get it off, but Lord I pray not.
  • juggz212
    Options
    Simply...no I just do not allow that type of thinking
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Fake it till you make it! You Can DO it!

I never feel like I *can't* do it. But I do feel like it takes much longer than I want it to >.<
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Yes all the time. I have hit the crappiest plateau and trying different things but my body seems to not want to drop . I hate it.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself I can do it for today, or even this meal. Then the next, then the next one day at a time.
  • Coffeeplz_123z
    Coffeeplz_123z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yup! I try to remember that slow and steady wins the race, we aren't really ever "done" or else the weight will come right back on. The number on the scale is only a small part living and maintaining a healthy weight, try to focus on the positive results when you feel like you just can't do it anymore. 17lbs is fantastic!
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I first started doing this, I took like 10 pictures of me doing this "hooray for me!" move. It's difficult to explain. Anyway, every week during weigh in, I take a picture of what my weight is. Then I take those 10 pictures in the exact move in whatever I'm wearing that day. Come July, I should have my very own photo flip book! My point is... Whenever I'm feeling like I just can't do it or I really, really want to eat that cookie, I look at my flip book and how much I've changed. Every pound gets me closer to my goal. Every half pound counts. Every minute I exercise burns a little bit of calories and that all adds up. Everything counts! Keep at it! You've already started...just keep going! When the end comes, you'll be so proud of yourself! :)
  • Dollymaker
    Dollymaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It seems like its too far out of my reach. I don't think I'll be able too. Do you guys ever feel like this. :(

I have JUST started, (I signed up in December, but started this week)and I have 75 lbs to lose....I know how you feel. It seems like a looooooong way to go, but come on, we CAN DO THIS!!!!! You're already off to a great start! Hang in there and one day, we'll be able to pose our before and after pics!!! :flowerforyou:
  • renrock
    renrock Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    started jan. 1st, only doubted my self once. now i am usd to eating within the limits. lost over 13 pounds so far and raisded my goals! cool thing is it automatically reduced my calories
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Today for the first time ever I tried doing a plank. I've decided never again, I hurt myself :(

But at least I tried!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes. Thinking that I had to lose 50 - 60 pounds at first was daunting, and it sounded impossible. Going through diet / exercise for months and still having a lot of extra fat around my waist, legs, and arms was not fun either. But I am close to goal now, and I think anything is possible. if you just focus a little on health every day, rather than think of a goal then it makes it SO much easier.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think everyone does... But anything is possible and, "even if you don't see the progress you want, theres no point in stopping".

We all want to easy way out, unfortunatly thats not the best way, and is most likely not the perminent way to keep the weight off.

Starting out, were all like sort of obsessed with it (at least i was) I was so strict, could only eat certain things... and you just slowly stop stressing so much.. and i think there comes a time when you don't even think about it all anymore, your just healthy, its just your life and you dont have to try as hard as you used to... And i think once you reach that point is when you see the most progress. Not because you lose weight quicker.. It's because you arnt living to lose weight, your just living.. and then you just sort of realize your losing weight! If that makes sense...lol.

These are just all my thoughts... but just whatever you do, DONT GIVE UP!
  • renswork
    renswork Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It creeps in the back of my mind every now and then. But I've made it this far so I'm not about to give up now.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yes, I felt like that a few times, and then I shook it off and got my head in the game!

If you don't do it, and then look back a year from now, you'll regret it. The time will pass either way, it's up to you how you spend that time. Being unhappy with how you see yourself, and doing something about it?
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hells yes! I try not to think about the enormity of it all and just focus on daily and weekly goals.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Ha, of course we all do! We all stumble and we all fall, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Remember that the fact that you're even on this site means you've already made the first step. So congratulate yourself and be proud of that.

Take small steps in trying to decrease caloric intake - don't go from an average of 2000cal to suddenly 1200cal. That's setting yourself up for failure and hopelessness.

Take small baby steps and with patience, you'll get the body you want.

3-6 weeks before you judge.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    No. I know I can do it. If I had a negative attitude I prolly woulda given up by now.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My new mantra is 'consistency is key' (also 'f*** this fat sh**' but I digress). I get discouraged because it doesn't all happen at once. I know it's going to take FOREVER but guess what? Time will pass whether you're working toward this goal or not so you might as well stick to it! That way three years after you got serious :points to self: you won't be saying, "If I'd just kept going I'd be there by now!"
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Every day! As you can see, I want to lose a total of 104 pounds and that is a LOT. And even that will put me on the high side of my healthy weight range. But as you can also see, I've done 12 pounds. Every day deep down I feel like I can't do, it's too much, too hard, will never get there. But every day I tell myself I CAN and I WILL. Take it one day at a time. One meal at a time. One workout at a time. You remind yourself every day every hour every minute that you are worth the best you can be xD