Wha do you eat for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I usually have a special k snack bar, orange juice, and a vitamin but for the past two or more weeks I've been too exhausted to get out of bed xP
  • purplemimi
    Options
    If the greek yogurt is a little too tart for you, a squirt of stevia or another low cal sweetener can make it more palatable.
  • fitblondebaker22
    Options
    During the work week I always have 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white, an English muffin and a cup of coffee with creamer. Holds me over until my mid morning snack!
  • dubster
    dubster Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I fill a blender half full of ice cubes, pour in a large cup of coffee, one scoop of body fortress chocolate whey protein, then blend it for about 20 seconds, make one heck of a morning coffee mocha smoothie,
  • RosaliaMarie
    Options
    Chocolate covered zombie elves???????????

Please, explain.
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    Raw mixed nuts, fruit and yogurt. with a huge mug of coffee.

or cheese omelette followed by fruit
    with a huge mug of coffee

or nothing but a huge mug of coffee if I am not hungry
  • lindafjohnson
    Options
    I like a Kashi granola bar with my coffee. Its quick and it keeps me going. I don't have time to sit down and eat. I hate yogurt and oatmeal and this is still good for u
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Shredded wheat is good. Kinda high in calories (200 per 1.25 cup), but 6 protein and 9 fiber; super filling. Also cheerios and kix are good.
  • frindela
    frindela Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday night, I make a big batch of whipped banana oatmeal (katheats.com). It's satisfying and sweet, even though the only sugar comes from the bananas. In the morning, I just stick a serving in the microwave and top it with some almond butter. Mmmmm I'm making myself hungry...
  • persnikity
    persnikity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like a banana/cherry smoothie in the mornings.
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    frequently i eat steel cut oats and a scoop of whey
  • saqueno
    Options
    A serving of fruit accompanied by either cold or hot cereal (low/no sugar brand, of course) with almond milk,
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I happen to really like Rice Chex, though it probably tastes like cardboard to some people :D

I eat exactly 27 grams of it with 10 g of Craisins, 10 g of dried apricots, 10 g of raisins, with 55 grams of Greek yogurt (plain) and a half cup of 2 percent milk.

I know that sounds awfully precise, but I like keeping track of calories very tightly. It is not large, but exactly the size that feels comfortable when I wake up.

Calories: 287
    Carbs: 54g
    Fat: 2g
    Protein: 12g
    Fiber: 4g
  • martygirl21
    martygirl21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually make a spinach, nonfat greek yogurt(any flavor you desire), banana, and any other fresh fruit if you want, with ice, plus a splash of orange juice smoothie. It's very easy, healthy, satisfying, and tasty. :)
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Plain porridge made with skim milk (although I'm getting some almond milk today at the shop) with either a teaspoon of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon or a tablespoon of Canadian maple syrup. I thought I would get bored....but I look forward to it every morning so far (a month now). Of course its been so cold, and I typically eat it after coming in from walking daughter to school. When the weather is warmer...I'll more than likely switch it up.
  • Rice cakes or hardbread :)
  • LadyRoff
    LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2 slices of toast with butter! yum, or weetabix, or rice krispies
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I like sultana bran but also add a few extra sultanas, or fruit crunch ryvita with Nutella. On weekends its toasted pancakes with Nutella, yum!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I mix these thing....

Special K (satisfaction) with unsweetened almond milk
    Coffee (1 cream, no sugar)
    Natural Peanut butter on 12 cereal bread or whole wheat bread.
    Greek yogurt
    Protein bars (Pure protein i use the most)
    Banana
    Melons in cubes
    my favorite..not available everywhere... it's pita break ( many types..cranberry orange and apple cinnamon are the best) they are all natural...all good stuff...So yummy and healthy too. it's the size of a small plate and thick like a finger.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie
    1 egg fried in butter, spread with 1tsp fresh ground peanut peanut butter
    6 pan seared brussels sprouts
    1 serving plain oatmeal with 1/4 cup frozen blueberries mixed in

That's about 400 calories and keeps me full for like 6 hours