personal trainer confusion!

Options
1235»

Replies

• sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile picture I think what he's saying sounds about right about not losing weight but changing your body composition. You already look like you have a pretty nice figure. Don't focus on the scales so much but go by your clothes and measurements. That sounds like what he's getting at. Also for the full fat and not counting calories, a friend of mine started with a trainer a few months ago and he basically said the same thing. You don't need to worry about counting calories, just eat the things on the list. She said it was weird at first to be drinking whole milk and eating full fat greek yoghurts and nuts but she got used to it and the weight is dropping off her. Working with him she is becoming so so strong, her skin is amazing and she feels fabulous. If you're really worried about it then as others have said, ask him to explain his reasoning to you and tell him you don't understand. I would suggest you give it longer than a week though. If after a month you're still not getting results, then it's time to question it. Until then just give it a go!
  • martinh78
    Options

I've dropped a personal trainer before for advising me to eat tuna for lunch every day. Sorry - that doesn't work for me.

Couldn't you have just told him that you didn't want to eat tuna for lunch everyday and discussed an alternative option?
  • jpani22
    jpani22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile picture I think what he's saying sounds about right about not losing weight but changing your body composition. You already look like you have a pretty nice figure. Don't focus on the scales so much but go by your clothes and measurements. That sounds like what he's getting at. Also for the full fat and not counting calories, a friend of mine started with a trainer a few months ago and he basically said the same thing. You don't need to worry about counting calories, just eat the things on the list. She said it was weird at first to be drinking whole milk and eating full fat greek yoghurts and nuts but she got used to it and the weight is dropping off her. Working with him she is becoming so so strong, her skin is amazing and she feels fabulous. If you're really worried about it then as others have said, ask him to explain his reasoning to you and tell him you don't understand. I would suggest you give it longer than a week though. If after a month you're still not getting results, then it's time to question it. Until then just give it a go!

I totally agree with that Gemmy mentions. I eat whole grains and whole fats. Whole grains usually have more natural fiber (which does not count calorie wise) and full fats have less high carbohydrate replacements. Your body stores your carbs as fat. It looks like he's giving you lower carb options so your body naturally burns into that reserve you are holding. When I changed the composition of my diet, I didn't count calories and the weight fell off. After a month or two, I started to stagnate, and then I began counting my calories with my new diet. It works so well together. I think he doesn't want you to count so you can get use to your new eating habits. Anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck! :)
  • nicola19489
    nicola19489 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    the last few guys have been really helpful..im understanding more about how the body works npw storing and usin this and that etc and i am so full after each little meal andi feel more energetic and happier! so thanks everyone :) im hoping i can get in shape by march 15th as thats my friends hen do! even if its just 5 pounds! wish me luck!