Wha do you eat for Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a Special K protein meal bar, Greek yogurt or 1 over easy egg with 1 pc. whole wheat toast and 1 packet instant oatmeal.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My overnight oats recipe is:

1/3 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup yogurt
    1/3 cup milk
    1 t chia seeds
    1 T brown sugar

Mix up and leave in the fridge overnight. Yum yum yum.

You can mix it up by adding in peanut butter, or nuts, or a chopped banana (add banana only in the morning though otherwise it will be brown and gross)

I make it in a jar or a pyrex container so if I'm late for work I can grab it and eat later.

Not gonna lie though, this morning I had banana bread a friend left for me last night (:
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Fresh fruit and a yoghurt xx
  • Freshstartingmyhealthylife
    Options
    Usually it's Fage 0% Greek yogurt with some fruit & cereal.

Today i had Fage 0% Greek yogurt with a medium sized granny smith apple & Whole Earth smooth no added sugar peanut butter.
  • gardenbird
    gardenbird Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a few I do throughout the week. Depending on the day, I alternate between oatmeal with milk and ground flaxseed, eggs and toast or bagel or Cheerios with 1% milk. These are my favorites!
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    1/2 c. of oatmeal w/ some maple flavoring and a banana
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I have either plain instant oatmeal with a tbsp. of peanut butter mixed in, or egg whites, turkey, on a whole wheat wrap w/ Sriracha.

But i always have my coffee with sugar-free creamer..........
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    nothing.

Or....hard cooked eggs with some salt and paprika.

Or cottage cheese with pepper.

Or pop tarts. Chocolate chip cookie dough or S'mores.

Though I try to start my day with protein but I can't resist making waffles in the morning. :)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    quick oats with half a container of low fat flavored yogurt mixed in. then i top with apples or bananas. if im on the go, protein bars.
  • osmom3kids
    Options
    Light and fit nonfat greek yogurt, fruit, with Kashi Go Lean Crunch and coffee is my go to quick meal when I have no time in the morning.

I also like egg whites with spinach and cheese.

Ezekial Bread with banana and pb
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually eat eggs (think omelet) for breakfast...If I don't start the day with some heavy protein, I sabotage myself...As for cereal...have you tried any hot cereals? We like Cream of Wheat at my house...try the instant in the packets...take one packet add 1/3 cup whole milk and 1/3 cup water, stir, and microwave for 1 minute, pull it out of the microwave, add a pat of REAL BUTTER (none of that margarine crap...though you could if that's all you have....) and a tsp of sugar...DELISH! :D Course you could cook plain oatmeal the same way and add dried cherries (or your preferred dried fruit) to it. :) That's good too...If you're just lookin for some empty O's suggestions...maybe an organic cereal? That way it's half *kitten* good for you? Good luck in your quest for breakfast! ;)
  • irmaj78
    irmaj78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOVE YOUR STEELERS FLAG!!
  • beckyb1031
    Options
    Eggs and Spinach are my favorite breakfast!
    Use 1/2 Tbsp olive oil or butter to coat the pan.
    Toss in a handful of fresh baby spinach and cook for about 3-4 min.
    Beat 2 eggs and pour over spinach.
    Let this cook as omlette or scrambled.
    212 calories!!
    EAT & ENJOY!
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    - Yoplait Light and Special K Strawberry; sometimes I'll add a slice of toast w/PB

OR

- egg sandwich (micro'd egg, slice of American Ch, two slices of deli ham, slice of bread)
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I saw on the news this week that people will lose weight better if they eat a bigger load of calories in the morning and less throughout the day. This is my staple breakfast. I know there is a little debate about eggs... this could be changed to egg whites if wanted.

1/2 of tops of broccoli
    1 slice of onion chopped
    5 slices of mushrooms
    1/4 of a fresh jalapeno chopped
    1/2 of a roma tomato chopped

all that sauteed with a tiny few sprays of pam
    once it is a little softened, I add 2 medium free range fresh eggs mixed up and then stir it around to make a scramble. I add a little tapatio or salsa valentina at the end and eat it all up! The veggies really help make this a very filling breakfast. When I know that I am going to have a big exercise day, I throw in a whole grain 100 calorie english muffin! YUM!
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old string, but I wanted to add my two cents. I have a smoothie every morning. As long as I prep any ingredients that need chopping the night before, it takes me 5 minutes to prepare.

I try and mix up the ingredients each day to get different nutrients, but the basics are sugar free almond milk, 1 date (for sweetness), one other fruit, a green (spinach or kale or spirulina), a superfood (chia seed, raw cacao, maca powder), occasionally a superfood blend, and a protein (either a powder or a nut butter).
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What is everyone eating for breakfast? I need some quick and easy ideas.

What are some healthy cereals that don't taste like cardboard?

*hides*

I've always liked healthy cereals that apparently so many people say tastes like cardboard. Right now I'm on a wheat Chex kick with bananas and milk. Yum.

Since that doesn't apply.... uh... eggs. Do what ever floats your boat with them. Eat with toast, English muffins or in a tortilla. Or bake them with veggies or in a casserole. (I would make this ahead of time and reheat if pressed for time).

Oatmeal with bananas and milk or applesauce and cinnamon or brown sugar and maple syrup.

Make pancakes ahead of time and reheat in the morning spread with peanut butter.

Fruit.

Greek yogurt.

Wheat toast with avocado.

Smoothies.

Last night's left-overs.

Pre-plan well ahead of your morning rush.
  • jamaicanext
    jamaicanext Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i'm so big on oatmeal right now. with some stevia, good amount of cinnamon, and then adding in whatever i feel like that day: strawberries, craisins, almonds, walnuts, raisins, bits of dark chocolate. too good, and i haven't gotten tired of it at all. still trying different combinations.
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Typical breakfast:

Organic rolled oats 1/3 c
    Hemp powder
    Wheat germ
    Cinnamon
    Sweetener of choice
    Fruit of choice

Either a low carb wrap filled with peanut butter, polaners fruit spread, and banana.
    OR
    Toast with fruit spread

Piece of fruit if I don't expect to eat lunch until late
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, blueberries and a chopped banana with almond milk. Delicious