Options

Replies

• sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Bump! thanks girls :drinker:
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This the same as the previous post above..cauliflower breadsticks..I made these last weekend...delish. (pics)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/870005-cauliflower-breadsticks?hl=cauliflower+breadsticks#posts-13094095
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh my favorite vegetable! Steamed then chopped up with low fat mayo, low fat parm and pepper the best! Quartered and soaked in italian dressing and grilled yum. Or just cut up and dip in low fat dressing of choice. Steamed chopped with marinara sauce is good. Stirfry with noodles and shrimp.. With eggs.. Baked with garlic and olive oil, fresh garlic..
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would love to try the pizza crust!
  • wendy2317
    Options
    easy peasy cauliflower mash
    head of cauliflower
    garlic cloves
    boil them till soft
    once cooled put in blender with
    mayo and sweet and low
    done

Curry Roasted Cauliflower

Ingredients
    1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets

1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (I used cayenne pepper for more heat)
    1 tablespoon curry powder ( or to taste)

Optional--One can drained chickpeas (as dry as possible)

Directions: Preheat oven to 450. In a bowl, toss the cauliflower pieces with oil and seasonings and spread on to foiled baking sheet. Roast for about 20-30 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through. It's done when the cauliflower is just tender and browned, and the chickpeas are slightly crisp. Enjoy as a snack, side dish, or in a salad.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I make my faux mashed potatoes a little differently.
    I boil my cauliflower till very tender. Drain and add a little cream cheese, butter and garlic powder. Beat with mixer or in blender. Blender makes it creamier but I don't mind a little texture. Sometimes, I skip the garlic and add shredded cheese. I like cheddar but mozzarella is just so darn creamy!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    cauliflower and Ham Bake
    6 cups cauliflower
    6 oz. Velveeta cheese
    2 cups extra lean ham, cubes
    Mrs. Dash

Cook cauliflower. Cut cheese and ham into cubes. Mix together and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or till bubbly.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
    4 cups cauliflower, parboiled
    2Tbsp butter
    1/4 cup onion
    2 Tbsp flour
    3 cups chicken broth
    2 cups skim milk
    2 oz. Shredded cheddar

Cook cauliflower in minimal water until partially cooked. Sauté onions and butter in saucepan till yellow. Blend in flour. Add chicken broth, milk, cauliflower and the water the cauliflower was cooked in. Cook until mixture thickens slightly. Add cheese and stir till melted.

Faux Fried Rice
    1/2 head of raw cauliflower, grated (about 3 cups)
    3 green onions
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
    1/2 - 1 tsp garlic salt
    3 eggs, beaten
    Oil
    Pork, chicken or shrimp, cooked

In a wok or large skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of pan. Fry minced garlic and white part of onions for approximately 1 minute. Add cauliflower and fry for about 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add soy sauce, garlic salt, green onion tops and meat. Stir till mixed. Push mixture to side of pan. Add more oil if necessary, and scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done butstill moist. Stir eggs into "rice" and remove from heat. Serves 3.
  • sue1344
    Options
    Steam cauliflower til it is able Tim be smashed with a fork. Add a little low sodium chicken broth, beat as you would when you make mashed potatoes. You can eat it like mashed potatoes and its basically 0 calories!
  • nancycaregiver
    Options
    Nutrition facts for above recipes.

Cauliflower Ham Bake
    Calories, 129.9. Total fat, 6.5. Saturated fat, 3.2. Polyunsaturated fat, 0.3. Monounsaturated fat, 0.8. Cholesterol, 30.9. Sodium 814.1. Potassium, 305.8. Total carbs, 7.6. Fibre, 3.6, sugars, 2.9. Protein, 12.5.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
    Serves 7. Per serving: calories, 115.9. Total fat, 6.8. Polyunsaturated fat, 2.2. Monounsaturated fat, 2.3. Cholesterol, 13.2. Sodium, 511.8. Potassium, 379.4. Total carbs, 8.5. Dietary fibre, 2.1. Sugars, 4.7. Protein, 6.1.

Faux Fried Rice
    Serves 3. Per serving. Calories, 155.4. Total fat, 9.8. Saturated fat, 5.5. Polyunsaturated fat, 0.9. Monounsaturated fat, 2.2. Cholesterol, 212.5. Sodium, 869.6. Potassium, 430.1. Total carbs, 8.7. Dietary fibre, 3.0. Sugars 0. Protein, 9.5.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    bump!
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay, here is one from Wheat Belly cookbook:

Better than mashed potatoes

1 Large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    2 oz cream cheese (the real stuff, not ff or lf)
    2 tbsps Real butter
    1/4 tsp sea salt

Place a steamer basket in a large pot with 2" of water. Bring to boil over high heat. Place the cauliflower in the basket and steam for 20 minutes, or until soft.

Remove from heat and drain. In a blender or food processor, combine the cauliflower, cream cheese, butter and salt. Blend or process until smooth.

Makes 4 servings
    Per serving: 152 cals, 5g protein, 11g carbs, 11g total fat, 7g Sat fat, 4g fiber, 297mg sodium

Enjoy!

just because you take out potatoes doesn't make that good for you...butter and cream cheese? "Real" kind?

No thanks.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites from Skinnytaste: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

I tried them on a whim the other day and they're DELICIOUS
  • Dita85
    Dita85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just tried roasted cauliflower the other day..it was delicious and i hate cauliflower lol

Take a couple of cups of cauliflower two tablespoons of soy sauce a a tablespoon of olive oil teaspoon of sugar and a half teaspoon of black pepper.
    Mix all those in a big bowl and marinate for 20 minutes stirring it once halfway through.
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees...lay the cauliflower out on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes...
    If u leave ot in much longer it will get too soft. Great snack. 2 weight watchers points per serving!
  • misssbluiz
    misssbluiz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    my favorite recipe.....

Ingredients
    1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets, about 4 cups
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Kosher salt
    2 tablespoons butter, melted - I substitue for olive oil
    1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Original, plus more to taste
    1/2 cup sour cream - I use plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup mayonnaise - I use homemade mayo
    1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    3 ounces good-quality blue cheese (such as Roquefort), crumbled

Procedures
    Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt. Roast, turning once halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender browned in spots, about 35 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, and blue cheese in a small food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Alternatively, in a small bowl, stir all ingredients together with a fork, breaking up any large chunks of blue cheese as you go.

Mix together the melted butter and Frank's Red Hot in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to combine. Serve the immediately with blue cheese dressing.

--> website: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/the-crisper-whisperer-buffalo-roasted-cauliflower-recipe.html

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just :heart: it raw! It's especially good in a raw veggie salad with a homemade Italian vinagrette.
  • sdps745
    sdps745 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Cauliflower recipes!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump :)