How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options

Replies

• alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go, (120 LBS. ish) But I have lost 18 so far and at 15 I noticed my 2XL capris that use to be tight, are loose, and my 1XL I can now shake and skimmy into...but I CAN'T BREATH !!! LOL

Celebrating this success with you! Appreciate all the friendship and support you offer to others here at MFP.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Well, I've only lost 6lbs so far, but I notice when I look down my double chin is now just a slightly large singular chin. My boyfriend says he can see it, but I think it's just encouragement because everyone is saying 20lbs. Not that I'm complaining! I love it!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    2 cup sizes in the bra and 1 pants size is frustrating? i'd say that is a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT! :drinker: that means you're making progress. keep going!!
  • holliwood322
    Options
    to kgal41:

2 cup sizes in the bra and 1 pants size is frustrating? i'd say that is a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!:drinker: that means you're making progress. keep going!!
  • holliwood322
    Options
    to kgal41:

2 cup sizes in the bra and 1 pants size is frustrating? i'd say that is a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!:drinker: that means you're making progress. keep going!!
  • CarlyHeikkila
    Options
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scale! since starting the Advocare 24 day challenge (20 days ago) I have only lost 5 pounds but I can see a difference in the way my body looks, esp my tummy! I also have been taking pictures along the way and that helps TREMENDOUSLY!
  • retain_some_hope
    Options
    I am 5 ft 11 and started at about 228lbs. My friends and family started noticing after i had lost about 20lbs. Now i am 35lbs down, and for the first time I think i can see i weigh less. I can see it mostly in my face, collar bones and arms. I have also gone down a bra size (boooooo!). Unfortunately my belly and thighs still look huge. Although i am 2 clothes sizes smaller than when i started, it was hard to see the weight loss in the mirror until this week
  • Joanneea
    Options
    I am glad I read this, I have noticed it with my seat belt, but was feeling a bit deflated not really noticing it in my waist.. My bust and legs are the other places. But I have only lost 11lbs so reading how long it may take gives me some great encouragement!
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    25-30 lbs. things were alot looser and My nursing uniforms were baggy. Bra size went down a cup size. My ring is looser and my watch hangs on me. My shoes even fit better. I can wear a belt now.I'm super pumped. Went from a sizr 20 to a 16. I'm 5'5. Oh and my face isn't near as puffy. People are starting to notice. Of course they want to know how I'm doing it. I have about 60 more pounds to go but I am encouraged greatly.
  • Joanneea
    Options
    . My ring is looser and my watch hangs on me. My shoes even fit better. I

yeah that's something I have noticed my rings are loser and a great pair of shoes I bought ages ago, that had a Velcro buckle fit without the Velcro coming undone, and so they're next to new still!
  • npayne90
    npayne90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i noticed after 14lbs, i put on my underwear one day and there was no fat bulging over, and all my clothes fit now, especially my trousers which wouldnt zip up, now they do and are so comfortable. also my bras are too big.
  • KageyKat
    Options
    Around 30 before someone at work said something...I could tell after about 10 .. Clothes felt loose
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Actually this time around, I started noticing before I started losing. I started being able to exercise again about a month ago. I noticed a difference in my tummy after about a week, but it took me 2&1/2 weeks to lose my first pound. At least when I look down at myself there was a visual difference since the one on the scale was kind of discouraging...
  • mmichellea
    mmichellea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    iv lost 21pound so far i cannot notce anything with my clothes bt a feel like a new woman. iv just started using myfitness so i will b happy to see my weight go down oan the graph. x
  • OnTapiaWorld
    Options
    Apparently I've lost 12 lbs over the last year and I do not see any difference (although I do feel thinner). I am weighing 142 (lowest I can ever remember) and my heaving was 155... my average weight is about 149. This entire time I have been a steady size 8 and even down 12 lbs, haven't found that my clothes are fitting me any differently.

I will use the scale as a motivation to keep going and do my best to be patient but it still boggles my mind how I can be down 12 lbs and not see a difference, especially when I'm only 5'3''. What gives?!
  • slackey77
    slackey77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    At about the first 5 or 6 lbs I noticed a difference in the way my pants were fitting which was a big motivator to keep it up.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    45 so far - still don't feel it (others say its dramatic - and I say thank you, but feel inside that they are making fun of me). screwed up right?

I think for most the overall shape stays the same all the way down (except at the very big and small ends of the journey).

stay strong. the hard numbers don't lie.
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 lbs. and dont notice as far as how big I look, but, I do notice in the way my clothes fit
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    I've lost 21lbs so far & am still in the same size clothing.
    My face does look thinner & have measured & lost inches - so maybe my clothes have gone from being tight, to not so tight - but I've not noticed.
    Definately can't fit into a size smaller yet - need to lose a few more inches for that!
    Fingers crossed it won't take much longer as it helps to motivate & give a boost to know that size you once were is now miles too big!!

Good luck :happy:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    45 so far - still don't feel it (others say its dramatic - and I say thank you, but feel inside that they are making fun of me). screwed up right?

I think for most the overall shape stays the same all the way down (except at the very big and small ends of the journey).

stay strong. the hard numbers don't lie.

Me too-exact quote except sub 75 for 45. My brain knows that a size 8/10 is smaller than 20/22, but I don't see a d@mn bit of difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!