What do you drink besides water?

Options
I am happy to say I have kicked my diet coke habit. Diet coke has been my drink of choice for over 30 years!! I don't like water, however going into week 4 I am happy to say I only had one the first week by accident. Had a pizza party at a restaurant and as a habit ordered one, my refill was tea. I have made myself drink at least 4 or more glasses of water. I also drink diet peach of raspberry instant tea. I am thinking this is not good for me either. Need some ideas of other drinks.

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Juices, Crystal Light, Coffee, and *gasp* Diet Mt. Dew
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    beer
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Crystal light, milk, diet sodas
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I drink water everyday all day, but every other day or so I have a can of Dr. Pepper. Other than that juice once in a great while. I like food too much to drink my calories! :wink:
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Milk. I have noticed that on the weeks when I drink more milk, I lose more weight. Not sure why, but it works for me!
  • MichelleKS37
    MichelleKS37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also a Diet Coke drinker...I just try my best to limit it and am drinking water more. I still can't believe the people that can drink 80 some odd ounces..I think I would float away!! I allow myself to have some juice but make sure that there is no added sugar and all natural. You could add a little lemon to your water..it's supposed to help you digest and I think even burn calories better.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and alternate it with half water/half Ice Cascades or fareway water coolers ( made with splenda) 0 calories. I can't force myself to drink plain water it has to be flavored with something.

I also got a pitcher and will take frozen fruit ..put it in the bottom, fill to cover fruit with water and then fill the rest up with ice and let it steep. The ice kind of acts like a filter to get just the water. This only stays good for about 3 days though.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light
    Brewed Lipton Tea

Try this if you like fruit: Get some frozen fruit and put in a pitcher of water and it flavors the water. Cucumbers also work for this.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tea or diet soda when I'm splurging, and skim milk or almond milk.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A squirt of Mio in a bottle of water. Flavored home brewed iced tea...love the Lipton Bavarian Wildberry.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Coffee, home brewed green tea with blueberries and honey, generic diet koolaid from walmart (cherry is awesome) and no I dont fear sweeteners, and I make homemade water with fruit. I'll put a few berries in a bottle, crush them and add water, leave it in the frig overnight.
    If I eat at a restaurant, I always drink water. No more soda for me either, because it kind of bothers my stomach now and I don't even want it.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I very rarely drink anything besides water. I do add Mio or lemon wedges for flavor though:)
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Coffee, wine, iced tea
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I drink milk with some meals, and I love green tea. Especially in the colder weather, I'm craving hot drinks all the time, so lots of green tea. It tastes yummy without a big calorie hit.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Starbucks on the mornings I work. Nothing else.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    diet coke with splenda, iced tea, coffee, hot tea
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee and chocolate milk after long runs :)
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I drink seltzer or unsweetened iced tea.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    black coffee, and black tea. (Sometimes with honey if my throat hurts), chocolate hemp milk
    Oh and beer. Good delicious microbrews.
  • convoitez
    convoitez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water, or I make herbal tea and chill it, you can add sugar or honey if you want but most herbal teas have a sweet taste to them anyways. I make a 2L every morning and try to finish it by nighttime: there's eight cups.