2013 followers of The Road Map

Options

Replies

• Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    *bump* I want to refer back to this when I have time to read the whole post. :)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Marking for the read, I too am on track to using, sort of began in December, working through eating at TDEE, now a cut 15-20 percent. I have pointed a few in this direction and read up on others hints and success too.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks! Started using this a week ago.
  • Karkenna
    Karkenna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jannat89
    Options
    I officially started road map today! :smile:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this.

Background: Last Feb (2012) I made my lifestyle change. I was 280lbs. wanted to get down to 225. I did that by August, with cardio and portion control but not really counting calories, just being sensible. Over the holidays I put some back on, backup to 238. Got back on the wagon, found the MFP app for my tablet so I really started counting what I was eating, etc. I dropped back down to 230, but cannot get past 227. Since early January I've bounced between 227 and 230 depending on the day. I've been going on the recommended 1700 or so calories the MFP app suggested, and eating back any extra calories I gained with my cardio, but never more than 2300 or so.

Then I found the Road Map thread. What an eye opener. I'm eating around 1000 calories less than I should. It almost seems too good to be true, being able to eat more, and lose weight. I love my food and I love to cook (which is what got me in this position in the 1st place!)

Today is a loss but tomorrow, I start on the path. I want to drop 30 more lbs and get to 200.

Thanks for giving solid information and facts, and the spreadsheet that someone made is fantastic.
  • inkysmurf
    Options
    I just started the roadmap today as well...

About a year of 1200 cals, crazy excerise and 1lb lost...(insanity, and jillian michales and running)

Time to change it up.

Everything I have read makes so much sense.

Scared of the initial gain, but planning to stick it out.

5.6&1/2, 136lbs, and planning to start ripped in 30 , 3x a week.

I walk for about 1&1/2 hrs every day (2dogs) and always get at least 10,000 steps in (tracked with fitbit)

I am gluten intolerant so slightly lower carb rations and I am a full fat girl - hate diet rubbish

But excited to see what happens.

Net changed to 1650 and might move this up 150 once I start ripped in 30

Looking to get to 130 or below if possible in he next 6 weeks..

Good luck everyone
  • doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, going to do this.
  • kaee13
    kaee13 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm new to the Road Map and started a few days ago. I need to get a tape measure so I can get some more accurate numbers, but I used the calculators and found that I was eating too few calories. I know that taking this route is going to help lead me to success. Thanks Dan and all who have offered advice! I've been reading these posts like crazy!
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Spamcat
    Options
    This roadmap is brilliant! Plateau city after 1200 cals for a few weeks and eating the new higher amount of cals I am back on the road downward. This mkes complete sense and is utterly do able! Thanks Dan- you have made my life so much better! Spred the word!
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    Ran my numbers for the first time and was suprised twice! 1) my numbers appalled me! So much worse than i expected
    ( but it made me even more motivated to repair my health and lifestyle) and 2) i was just a little off track. Dan thank you for all that you do. You are helping me feel confident in my plan
  • javi536
    javi536 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very interested in trying this method. My scale has been stuck for 8 weeks (actually much longer but that's how long I've been tracking it on here), despite exercising 4-5 days per week doing TRX/Riptrainer, C25K, kickboxing and cardio, and staying within the recommended 1200 calorie range. I've lost 2% body fat over 2 months, but not one single pound. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but at 5'2" there's no way I'm becoming 185 lbs of ripped muscle- something's gotta give. Super frustrated. Would love to read some success stories from others who've switched to this way of calorie tracking!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    bumping also
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    bump for later