40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm 44 and my sons friends think I'm cool, but I'm not sure if my sons feel that way. lol My sons are 23 and 21. I've lost 10 pounds and I'm trying to lose 10 more.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

45, from Maine and a mom to 11 year old twins; a boy & girl. Though I can't pull an all nighter like I used to, I'd say I'm pretty cool otherwise! I'd love to be pals with other cool 40+ people out there! :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Nice to see you on the board again Alf! You certainly have had a challenging year. It's so easy to let ourselves go when our family responsibilities seem to overwhelm us.

Well, I have not been able to run in over a week. it was bitter cold out early this week and we were away for a funeral. Tried to run Monday and Tuesday, but a 2 hour dentist appointment on Monday and freezing rain yesterday side-lined me again. So...I went home and did a P90X workout. Really need to get back into a regular diet and exercise plan as my pants are getting tight again. :noway:
    Am feeling a cold coming on again. UGH! I think last week did me in. Busy days and late nights. There were also a lot of people sniffling and coughing around me. Thought I was being careful, but obviously, not careful enough.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,966 Member
    Options
    Alf - the February challenge isn't about Venus, at all....it really is just a "design your own streak" challenge....because, somehow, streaks psychologically are VERY GOOD momentum for continuity. So, the challenge, for you, could be about getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night, or logging your calories everyday, or drinking 10 glasses of water everyday! You choose! (Venus Index is just another type of resistance work-out....along the lines of NROL4W, but with less "finicky" moves, I find.)

sdereski - I'm sorry you haven't been able to work-out and now maybe have a virus!! YUCK!!

I took my month-end photos today, and my measurements....all good! January was NOT the "bust" I thought it was going to be with my mid-month holiday! I still have to weigh and will do that when I get to the gym, today!
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    43 year old male here...5 kids...4 girls (older) and 1 boy (youngest).

Lost a bunch of weight,became a volunteer firefighter and am also in training to be a CIC Officer (Army Cadet Captain)

This way I get to wear two different types of uniforms and look and have a cool spare time jobs in my kids' eyes.

(as well as look sexy in a uniform since my wife thinks firefighters are HOT)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hello over 40's! I'm 47 with two little ones 5 and 3. I need to do my best to be healthy as long as possible for them, so here I am. I jumped on the 'beachbody' bandwagon (hey it was asked what we are doing, this isn't for a sale lol) I'm currently doing RevAbs, and some gym stuff, drinking Shakeology and once in awhile I get a workout in the gym. Otherwise I'm swimming with the kids.

I've lost 10 pounds, and now I'm really aiming at the Fat.... building muscle... building a strong body for 'old age'....

Would love to hang out with some 'cool kids' my own age. Most of my friends are much younger, due to my kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    yep, sclar, uniforms, on guys, ARE HOT!

nancy - I'm a totally reformed cardio-addict - and have been heavy lifting for going on 16 months, now. LOVE IT! It has completely re-shaped my body and, while I've never been overweight, I am trying to get super-lean and super-athletic looking! So, welcome!

I got my lifting in and done! Jumped on the scale - wasn't down as much as I thought I'd be, but I've certainly lost a couple of pounds in January, which is NO SMALL FEAT given my mid-month vacation! I'm *very* happy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today is my son's final volleyball tournie....so, I'm going to play hookie from work, this afternoon, and go watch him!

No work-out, today. But, my "February streak challenge" starts tomorrow, and since I *chose* "daily work-outs" as my streak, I guess I have to get MORE focused at getting work-outs in every day.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    February streak begins! I'll go lift today, to make sure I get off on the right foot!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all!

Love that there are many more cool kids joining our thread! Welcome. :happy:

Well, that cold I felt coming on hit me like a ton of bricks. Left work early on Thursday and stayed home yesterday. Was feeling a bit better by late evening, but am feel a bit worse again this morning. The bitter cold temps outside certainly aren't helping.

So, no workouts!!:sad: :sad:

I can't wait to feel better and get back into some sort of normal routine again. UGH! Seems like it has been forever. :tongue:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    sdereski, so sad to hear you are not well. Take care of yourself. There are so many people sick nowadays, yikes!

I have been doing really well this week. Havent worked out as much as I wanted to...there have been repairs done in my house so the schedule has been changed some...I am planning to do some lifting today, in the afternoon, I really hope I get to it. I also have to work on some choreo for my zumba class. I have been pretty consistent with my nutrition too, thanks to the challenge.

Have a great weekend!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My husband has had one virus, or another, since Jan 1!! I tell ya, I've never seen him so sick for so long....and I just stay as far away as I can. Too bad - I'm missing him.

Today, I lift!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just started "Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30" workout this morning. I've done her 30-Day Shred and 6-Week Six-Pack in the past. Have any of you cool kids tried this one? They make it sound like level 1 is going to be a cake walk, but I'm going to be sorry I was ever born once I hit the higher levels, LOL.
  • esy1024
    esy1024 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    50 and very cool.! At least my 10 y/o thinks so. On a long journey to drop the weight. Want to go down to where I was 20 yrs ago. OMG, that was in my 30's. Where has the time gone?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!! Welcome cool esy1024!!!! :drinker: I know time flies. :noway: You can do it!!!!

tladame, I have done 30 day shred. I have ripped in 30 but have never done it. LOL I am planning on starting extreme shed and shred tomorrow until the 19th. I am going out of town for 2 weeks and know I wont be able to do it.

I am on a roll!!!! Getting rid of some of the extra Holiday gain! I am excited!! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yay Alf!

Today is my little gym club at the office. On tuesdays, thru Feb, I'll lead a "ugifit" class - 30 minutes of cardio/strength mixed - I'm only doing it because of my February "streak" challenge.....it will keep me on track!

Had to buy all new gym bottoms.....mine don't fit anymore. So, capris aren't in stock - I bought full length, which never are long enough for my legs, anyway, and my nanny is going to shorten them to capris! Problem solved. Also, thank you "Costco" because <$20 is about what I want to pay for my pants!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Besides sdereski, alf and me, this thread has NO "sticki-ness".

Harumph.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hello all!

Well, I think I may survive this thing after all. I am finally starting to feel "normal" again, although I am still somewhat congested. Beeps, I have been sick on/off since Jan. 1 st as well! I rarely got sick, so this really has thrown me for a loop. I did start exercising again - did a P90X workout at home on Sunday, and ran Monday and Tuesday. I feel better for it! I think the running helped loosen up the mucus which is what is helping me feel better.

Beeps & ALF - so excited for yu both - you are both doing so well!
    My eating has been much cleaner this week. I had a terrible set back and my body finally reacted violently which has hopefully smartened me up. :noway: Why I do that to myself, I'll never understand! haven't stepped on a scale, and frankly, I'm afraid to if the fit of my clothes is any indication. :grumble:
    I'll wait another week or so, and then see what damage I incurred on my month long binge.

You're right Beeps - the thread doesn't seem to have much "stickiness" does it. Wonder why? O well, I'm always happy to drop in and see you all.

have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • NNeal247
    Options
    Hi. Finally admitting I am in my 40s - 44 next month!! I feel cool! Just got back again into a fitness lifestyle these past couple of months. Had fab success about 9 years ago doing Power90- precursor to P90X! And since it worked for me before - why not do it again?! Feeling tighter, but weight is stubborn and ticking me off. Oh well - just enjoying the inches gone for now. Nice to meet you all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - it's terrible how long these "viruses" are sticking around....my husband is on the mend, but STILL not feeling 100%! I hope you can kick the crap to the curb, sdereski, and get back to the healthy lifestyle that I know you value so dearly!

NNeal - welcome!

Today, I lift!