dudes that cook?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    An Italian male who doesn't cook may have a learning disability. Cooking is more than an art, it's a way of life. At least once a week a group of us get together and cook and usually it involves a grill.

No pasta photos, I won't feed the stereotype and because marinara is a dangerous, addictive drug.

IMG_0432_zps8a49ea1c.jpg

Tomatoes with fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, olive oil....and pepper I think?
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    An Italian male who doesn't cook may have a learning disability. Cooking is more than an art, it's a way of life. At least once a week a group of us get together and cook and usually it involves a grill.

No pasta photos, I won't feed the stereotype and because marinara is a dangerous, addictive drug.

IMG_0432_zps8a49ea1c.jpg

Yes, and pepper includes black and new mexican. The dish relies on using near perfect ingredients.
  • Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with cooking. It's a skilled, methodical process, much like building a birdhouse. However, I do consider myself lucky enough that no one has told me my cooking tastes like they are eating a birdhouse yet.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Love a man that can cook. Very sexy.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    There's lots of cooking man love going on over here! :drinker:

Seems like I just need to put the word out about my culinary skills in order to get more booty!

CALLING ALL YOU HUNGRY WOMEN... FREE FOOD, ALL HOMEMADE BY ME!

I just ordered the ingredients to make homemade mozzarella cheese. Can't wait to make that...

(Cheesy I know)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Yes, and pepper includes black and new mexican. The dish relies on using near perfect ingredients.

Caprese salad FTW!!

How YOU doin'? *wink*
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Caprese salad FTW!!

How YOU doin'? *wink*

I'm doiing great. How you doin? Wink back...

I should warn you before this gets too far, it's best for me to hold off on cooking for someone until I get to know them. I learned the hard way womeh can end up just wanting me for my cooking.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i dont know why but the best cooks in my life have been men!:drinker:
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    nope thats awesome. a chic digs a guy that cooks......now take her plate when she's finished and do the dishes and you will be amazed the results ;)
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options

IMG_0432_zps8a49ea1c.jpg

^my absolute favorite. drool........

• matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Current low cal specialties:
    Filipino Adobo
    Vietnamese Seafood Pho
    Seafood Pad Thai
    Turkey Chili

Pho recipe, please?
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There's lots of cooking man love going on over here! :drinker:

Seems like I just need to put the word out about my culinary skills in order to get more booty!

CALLING ALL YOU HUNGRY WOMEN... FREE FOOD, ALL HOMEMADE BY ME!

I just ordered the ingredients to make homemade mozzarella cheese. Can't wait to make that...

(Cheesy I know)

Are u ordering your kit from that lady in Brooklyn. She's brilliant. At last year's Penguicon, I saw a great mozz demo...
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cooking. It's one of my few real hobbies. Cooking/baking are not strange in the slightest. I particularly like baking cookies. How do people expect to eat if they cannot cook?

*Thanks for the reminder to go clean the kitchen haha.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I love to cook. All the things. And yes, I clean up after too.

Don't get any ideas, I know when I'm being used for my spatula.
  • fuzzydave1
    Options
    I enjoy cooking. How else am I going to eat? Plus I make stuff I like.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My husband is a FABULOUS cook...and pretty much the main reason why I'm on MFP! LOL He does all of our cooking (thank goodness)!
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    Why would it be weird? I cook all the time. Its fun and I don't want to look like skin and bones... lol
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I don't know any guy who can't cook?
    OK probably not baking cakes but certainly buying raw meat, raw veggies, mixing up a sauce etc.

Male pride means I'd feel helpless if I couldn't take care of myself?!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend dances circles around me in the kitchen skills department.
    Men who can cook for themselves and are self sufficient t are awesome.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    so im a guy and honestly i love to cook and bake. is that weird?

Not at all. I've been cooking since I was 15 and that is nearly 35 years ago.
    In my most recent job I was catering for groups from 12 to 90 for a week at a time.
    Cooking has always been a passion of mine and except for one summer-school course at the local university, I am completely self-taught. My cooking skill is something that I am quite proud of.
    kind regards,

Ben