How much sleep do you get?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
How many hours do you get? I usually get about 7 hours but am working on getting more. Just wondering how many hours of sleep you get and is that enough for you?

Replies

• uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i try to usually get about eight hours of sleep. I'd like to get more.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 5 and 7 hours usually. Six or seven is usually enough, but five and I'm a foggy mess.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    In between a toddler and school/work, not enough. I'd say between 4-6 hours. I go to bed early but I always find myself boning up on material I'm struggling with instead of sleeping.
  • melissa39437
    melissa39437 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well right now only about 3-4 :( Because I am raising 9 puppies on bottles. But used to when I slept on average I got around 6-8 a night depending on how busy I had been that day.,
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    because of medication i take i get between 9 - 10 hours of sleep.. it used to be 13 - 14...
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Subjectively, 8 hours a night, but only 6 hours of that is actually sleeping according to my BodyMedia armband. But I think it counts every time I roll over as waking.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I aim for eight a night.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    7-8
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    usually between 6-7 hours...would prefer 8...but can never convince myself to go to bed when I should.
  • LittleMissPiggy92
    LittleMissPiggy92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I aim for 9. That is what my body needs right now. Any less and I am super tired and any more I am super tired....
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    When my cats aren't being jerks and running around the room and over me, 9 hours. But if the cats are being jerky, 6 hours. I function better when I have 8-9 hours of sleep.
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    It's preferred to get around 6-7 hours of sleep per night. Any less and you start having a bigger appetite.
    I get probably around 4 hours of sleep, haha. It's horrible.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    10-12 hours per night as of late. Back before I started lifting, I would often function on 3-4 hours per night just fine. Not so much anymore.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    weekends: 8-13 weekdays: 4-8, and 8 is rare :grumble:
  • The harder I work out, the more tired I am. Plus when there's a lot on my mind I don't sleep as soundly, so I have to plan for more sleeping time. I try to get at least 7 hours and shoot for 8, but there's been plenty of times I've been up later than I should've been and still had to get up early the next morning.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Not enough:yawn:

I work part time 2nd shift as a nurse, so I can't fall asleep before midnight even if I'm not working.
    I get up at six am to take my daughter to school.

If I can sleep in until 9:00 am then I'm better.

Sometimes I nap but that messes up my sleep at night...:grumble:
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually a little over 6hours. I know I need to get more.....I should work on that now....by going to bed. =)

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    because of medication i take i get between 9 - 10 hours of sleep.. it used to be 13 - 14...

Wow! ????
    What is that like?⏰
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    10-12 hours and I'd sleep more if I didn't HAVE to get up! :yawn:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    7-10. Under 7 and my day gets a little rough.