Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• vdburden
    Options
    When I was 30, I'm 54 now, I lost 70 lbs and got down to 140. I was trying for 130-135 but never got there. I felt really good at 140. I'm currently 218 so if I can get back to 140, I'll feel awesome! :happy:
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" (barely).

CW: 160.0
    GW: 138.0
    Weight I could live with: 153.0

My lowest weight in high school (before I had my breast reduction and before I was diagnosed with SLE) was 153.0. I was a dancer and was covered in muscle at that point. I realize my body will never look THAT way again because I don't spend 3-4 hours a day dancing, but I would like to lose some of this fat and rebuild my body a bit. If I was more muscle than fat, I would be very happy in the 150s.

However...my body frame would certainly allow for me to go lower. So that's why I have a goal at 138.0.

I am actually much more interested in my body composition than my weight, though. I have a friend who weighs 158.0, but she is a Cross Fit instructor and her body is literally nearly all muscle. So when I look at her and see that she weighs just 2 pounds less than I do but she is rocking a major hot bod, I would rather go with THAT than with a lower weight.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9" -- does that make me the shortest shortie on here? :-D

I'm 36 and I have four kids. I joined MFP about a year ago at 115. CW is 105. GW is 94-96 -- basically where I was after baby #2.

I let my dietary habits get out of control when I was preggers with #3 and #4 and my high weight (post-partum) was about 130. I'm small-boned and flat-chested, so 94 is, to me, the perfect size for my frame.

Feel free to add me.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1" and was aiming for 117lbs but to be honest I've thrown that out of the window in favour of weight lifting. I want to be fit and not focused on a number on the scale. That obesssion has taken me to bad places before.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I'm 4'11.5 (yes it makes a difference to me LOL) and at
    highest weight was 240 (before the technology of MFP)
    lowest weight 110 (skinny fat though)
    current weight is 126
    I'm 16 pounds heavier now than my lightest and only wear 1 size larger than I did back then.
    I don't focus on the scale....
    I care more about my clothing and the inches on my tape measure to tell me how I am doing. And some of those numbers I want to get bigger (like biceps)

Take pictures to gauge your progress and a tape measure...
    throw out the scale....
    The scale is a filthy liar!!
  • jpiers324
    Options
    I"m 4'11'' aiming for 105!
  • JHuff8686
    Options
    I am 5 ft flat. I started a weight loss challenge as of Jan 8, 2013 and have already lost 8lbs!

SW:133
    CW: 125
    GW: 108
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1", Age 31.
    Highest W: 145
    SW: 131
    CW: 127
    GW: 115
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5 foot. My 1st goal is 135lbs. That's overweight according to most BMI charts, but when I last weighed that, in college, I felt and looked awesome. I wore a size 6, lifted weights heavy on a regular basis, and was in really good shape if I may so so myself. I had visible ab muscles, and muscle definition in my arms and legs, etc even when I wasn't flexing--but not so much as to be "bulky" or "manly".

At that point, I'll reevaluate and possibly go lower. I'm less concerned with the exact number and more concerned with my general health and fitness level.

I don't think I would ever get to 115 though. When I was last that size I was in middle school, my size 4s were falling off and my mother was convinced I was anorexic or bulimic . She used to stalk me around to make sure I was eating and not vomiting etc. In reality, I was fine--it was just my last growth spurt at the same time as I joined the soccer team (the only sport ever played in school).

I wouldn't say that I'm "big boned." But I do gain muscle relatively easily and I have wide "linebacker" shoulders for a petite girl. My hips are wide too, so I'm fine with that. I like my hourglass and want it back!
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am exactly

5'0
    Sw: 180
    Cw: 157
    Gw: 125
    UGW: 120

And when i reach 120lbs I may try to go lower but for now those are my goals!
  • obliviatenox
    obliviatenox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'.
    SW: 214
    CW: 207
    MINIGW: 190
    GW: 150
    UGW: 130
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    I'm 4'9" and weigh 190, after a total of 4 children . I would like to get back down to 100-110.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    5'3"

SW: 217.9
    CW: 163.7
    GW: 150
    UGW: 122 at 18% BF
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm ALMOST 5'0", currently 123 lbs, want to be 100-110 somewhere, depends on where I think I look good, I guess :)
  • Megpie45
    Options
    5ft 1in

SW: 145
    CW:138
    GW:115

Pre-pregnancy I was 130 and had slowly packed on the lbs just prior to getting married back in 2009. In college I weighed between 115 and 120 and felt the most comfortable at that size.
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" I weigh 150 right now and my goal weight is 100-110. But id be content at 115. My short (lol) term goal is 130 by April so I can buy a swimsuit. Isn't that ridiculous? I won't need it till June but the latest I can buy it is April... and I'll be lucky to find one then... I hate shopping
  • LoseItRissa
    Options
    I am 5'1 ft and CW: 135 lbs.

I would like to stay in between 130-135 lbs, no more no less. I like the thick body, not too skinny.
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    Im actually 5'4 and my current goal weight is around 180
  • divajoni
    divajoni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wish we were in a room together 'cause i would tower over all you ladies at my statuesque 5' 4.5" frame ;-p

SW = 193
    CW = 185
    GW = 150
    UGW = 140 (that's gonna take some time)

suggested range for my height is something like 114 - 140 ... but i look absolutely gaunt at 124lbs... my theory is although i have a small frame (5 inch wrist size) that i have heavy dense bones (seriously) so i can get away with more weight. at 150 i can fit into size 10 petite pants... that's good enough for me!

but alas, i am growing older, so my bones will start to lighten up, so that is why i will slowly get myself to 140 and maintain it (that's the hard part).
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and just shy of 128. I don't really have a goal weight, just a physique in mind. I'd like to see more muscle definition in my legs. I have gotten down to 19.8% body fat and was soooo close. I would probably be great at 18% which would probably be around 125 lbs. But I don't want to lose my strength, so I take things slowly. I'd like to be able to do 10 chinups and 5 pullups by summertime. I can currently do 8 and 3, respectively.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!