Question for runners. Carrying your keys, etc.

Options

Replies

• KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Phone/mp3 player goes in a pocket on my hoodie and either my car or house keys go in a zip pocket on my running pants.

This is all that goes with me when I run.

The house keys get annoying as they are heavier than the car keys. But, a necessity when I run and my wife and children are not home.
  • lenjaw
    lenjaw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use a Y-fumble - look for them online. It's an armband, but it's stretchy so you don't have to worry about it slipping down. Only downside is you can't access your phone to pause/start if you run with a tracking app.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I buy running clothes that come with pockets and stick my keys there or I wear a thin fanny pack that's made for runners. My water bottle made for runners comes with a grip handle that has a pocket big enough for keys and such.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Key in bra or special zipper pocket on clothes. I have a RoadID, so I don't need to bring my license with me. I just hold my phone in my hand.
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i got one called "SPI" stands for "small personal items i think....holds my phone, keys, money, whatever...thought it would bug me by bouncing but stays put perfectly. looks tiny but big enough to hold iphone
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't run with my phone...I carry my key in my hand and use a big key ring so that it slips over my finger and I wear my Road ID on my wrist with all my emergency contact info and diabetes info.
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    http://www.roadid.com/p/the-Shoe-Pouch-ID

This has all your ID info. plus room for a key, a little money etc. Phone goes in a zippered pocket on my shirt/jacket. I never leave home without wearing my Road ID. Never. I have a couple different styles of the wrist bands. I would also never dream of going walking/running without my phone..however I have it turned off. Not carrying it to receive calls..just have it in case I need to call for help.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I tie my key to my shoe lace and then loop it through and tie it like normal. I just have the one key on there, not the whole set. ID I put in my bra.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    In the past, I've used a belly band type holster. They're made to hold mid-sized pistols and magazines, but they work just as well for phones and keys, etc.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone in my hand and sometimes hold it in my palm and cover it with the sleeve of my hoody to make sure that it's being held safe by the elastic on the wrist when I don't feel like really holding it. I take my car key of my key chain and put the key in my bra. Since I've walk everyday now, I need another keychain for my house key bc I keep losing it bc I never have my car key on it anymore. LOL...When it gets too warm to wear long sleeves, I'll invest in one of those arm bands.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I picked up a Spibelt at the expo before my last half marathon. It has been great.

http://www.spibelt.com/

It stretches a lot, so I can carry just keys and ID, or I can stuff my mp3 player, phone, goo, etc in there if I really want to.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I put my phone, key and ID in a ziploc baggie in my sports bra if I need to carry them and don't have the pocket space... I don't even feel it. I do have pretty generous bosoms though lol:blushing:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There are sports bras with pockets! It works for small things, the armbands for ipods/mp3 players come with pockets for keys, money and cards so that could work too.

I am still trying to find a water belt that can fit everything I carry with me and my water lol. Still searching.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've been known to tie my keys into the cord on my pants/shorts, if needed. Usually I just slip my stuff into pockets. I also have an armband or may wear a water pack.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have a Nathans runners belt. It carries two bottles of water, a pouch for my phone, I don't carry my keys but I clip my mace to it as well. I don't know how I ever managed to run without that thing!
  • cupboard_stalker
    cupboard_stalker Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My arm band has only enough room for my phone, i dont bother with id as i have i.c.e. contact put into my phonebook.
    I have a clip on my car key so i can separate it from my house keys. i clip it onto my bra strap and tuck in to stop it bouncing, its cold for the first few seconds in winter but a very handy place cause its never going to get lost there.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    How do you carry your keys, ID, phone, etc when you run? I hate just carrying it in my pockets because I'm scared of losing them! What do you use?

have 1 spare key made for your front door just for use when running. then you only have to carry that 1 key with you.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I have an armband for my phone and put my house key in there, but when I did the Color Run I took a ziplock bag with my phone, keys, and ID and just held on to it while I trotted.
  • stdietrich
    stdietrich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gloves with key slots.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought one yet, but this seems pretty promising http://www.adorama.com/images/300x300/SPASBHPBK.jpg