Who would you save first?

Options

Replies

• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    CHIT CHAT FUN AND GAMES. THIS ISN'T FUN.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Concur.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow :noway: what a great thread! Why would you be sitting there wondering that, then post it on a forum? Very very odd!

Because I read the same on another forum and I found some of the answers funny....is that ok with you?

Ah yes, the 'ol SO and kids in a deadly accident joke! So very funny. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes it was funny.

Aww are you not a happy bunny today

Comedy is not your strong suit is it?

Clearly you should know, as you know me so well.

Some things are self evident.

Like your happy smiley avatar pic? I see what you mean.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I honestly can say I have no idea...and no one really does based on the fact that most people do not think when they are put in a position such as this they just act.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    All the ones on here getting mad and saying it isn't funny are all the usual trolls, they are probably pissed off they didn't think to post it, and if one of their friends posted it they would think it was hilarious. OP don't worry about them , they are a bunch of "you know whats"

bull.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Save SO first.

Why? Well considering how I feel about children, I hate them to the point I was sterilized, I'm sure I would bear any child of mine a lot of resentment, so I feel I'd save my partner first.

None the less, grim question. :o
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    All the ones on here getting mad and saying it isn't funny are all the usual trolls, they are probably pissed off they didn't think to post it, and if one of their friends posted it they would think it was hilarious. OP don't worry about them , they are a bunch of "you know whats"

Somebody's been lurking and keeping notes!
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd save the kids first and hope that my husband would make the same decision if he was in the same situation.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Forever-Alone_o_98121.gif
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    SO, I can always make new kids!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Wow :noway: what a great thread! Why would you be sitting there wondering that, then post it on a forum? Very very odd!

Because I read the same on another forum and I found some of the answers funny....is that ok with you?

Ah yes, the 'ol SO and kids in a deadly accident joke! So very funny. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes it was funny.

Aww are you not a happy bunny today

Comedy is not your strong suit is it?

Clearly you should know, as you know me so well.

Some things are self evident.

Like your happy smiley avatar pic? I see what you mean.

Your right. I should smile more. Or post topics about quite possibly the worst case scenario in anyone's life. That'll make me the life of the party.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly anyone who admits to choosing one over the other is an a-hole.

If you can firmly say that you would rather save your children than your SO then you are saying you don't love your SO as much as your children. In which case you should split up.

On the other hand, if you can firmly say that you would rather save your SO than your children then you are saying you don't love your children as much as your SO. In which case you should rather have just stayed childless.

The only reasonable answer to this question is "I don't know". If you think I'm talking bs then tell your SO to his/her face that you would save your children first. I bet most of you don't have the guts to do that. And if you don't have the guts to tell your SO that then you probably don't trust him/her the way he or she may trust you.

If my SO would NOT save the kids first, then we would split up. You always save the kids. Always.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I honestly can say I have no idea...and no one really does based on the fact that most people do not think when they are put in a position such as this they just act.

^^ some answers are more correct than others. Most have answered what they would expect, like, or want to do in the situation. This is the real answer.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I saw this same thing on another forum and found some of the answers funny...they were meant to be funny btw.

What I did find odd was alot of men said they'd save their SO first?!

After 40 years of marriage, I think I know my husband well enough to say that he would save the children---as I would expect him to do. I also know that he would gladly sacrifice his own life, in a second, to save mine or our kids.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    WE ALL GO DOWN with the car!

30699531.jpg

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ made me lmao :laugh:
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    In a completely humorous way...how much life insurance do I get if my SO dies?

Frankly, I hope to never have to worry about this. But to be prepared, i have to say it all hinges on the circumstances at the time. I don't currently have kids, but I can't imagine not trying to save them first (if they're young and can't try to save themselves). then again, let's look at all teh instances where children have saved adults. To play devil's advocate, my kids would probably wind up saving me...
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    First off I do love my son more then my husband. Forgive me for admitting this that's called being a mother. How could I possibly love my husband more then I love my own child. Or even the same. I love my husband dearly and he is the love of my life. But my son consumes my heart. There is a not a thing he can do in this world where I wouldn't love him, my husband on the other hand there is a few. So you're comparison is silly...most mothers would be with me on this one.

Aside from that, what about our survival instincts. MOST people are going to save their children. Not just because they love them "more" and they're paternal instincts come into play. But because my husband can fend for himself while I am saving our son first. Our son on the other hand doesn't stand a chance. If my husband were to pass away I would be devastated but I would not feel guilty, because I did what he would have wanted me to do. And if it were reverse I'd want him to do the same. These are our children, it's our job to protect them whenever we can. So yes it's a choice always a choice never an I don't know my husband has lived, my son has just started living. So you sir, are incorrect.
    Quite frankly anyone who admits to choosing one over the other is an a-hole.

If you can firmly say that you would rather save your children than your SO then you are saying you don't love your SO as much as your children. In which case you should split up.

On the other hand, if you can firmly say that you would rather save your SO than your children then you are saying you don't love your children as much as your SO. In which case you should rather have just stayed childless.

The only reasonable answer to this question is "I don't know". If you think I'm talking bs then tell your SO to his/her face that you would save your children first. I bet most of you don't have the guts to do that. And if you don't have the guts to tell your SO that then you probably don't trust him/her the way he or she may trust you.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The wife is a life guard and swim teacher.

The kids have all been long-time swim team kids.

I swim, but not often (no one wants to see my giant belly).

They'd better all be trying to save me. :)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Such an angry past-member-resurrected post....
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Don't have an SO or kids.

That said, screw hypothetical-SO. Kids first.