Question for runners. Carrying your keys, etc.

Options

Replies

• fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    when I go running I have an armband I can put my phone in and my keys I have a bag/pack around the waist and that sets me up for my run
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I only have a key fob for my car and it fits securely in the pocket on any of my running pants/skirts. For ID I wear a RoadID on my wrist. I rarely carry my phone.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Spi Belt

I also use the Spi Belt for most of my runs. It's flexible and allows you to hold various things in there. I also have a small waterbottle that could be attached to the strap.

I will admit---on days I just want to run and I'm not going too far--I just tie my car key to my shoe lace real tight. But, I don't really recommend it--it puts unnecessary pressure on your nerves/feet.

For my marathon training runs, I use a full-running belt-- has 2 water bottle holders and multiple pockets for energy supplements, etc.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i haven't read the whole thread but spibelts work, little zippered pockets in your sportswear, RoadID. carry my phone only occasionally, if I'm out alone or in the dark - it fits perfectly in the back pocket of a pair of running pants I bought for that reason :)
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have an expandable, rain resistant joggers pouch that I carry a credit card, small cash, iphone and keys.. with slots on the side for some Gu for those long runs... I am overly cautious of my phones so I put it in a sandwich bag to keep any sweat or rain from ruining it. :drinker:
  • KathrynKennewell108
    Options
    Separate your car/house key from the rest and buy a good quality hook from the key cutting shops. Most training appendages will have somewhere for you to clip your keys on. Go for something inside a pocket if you can though. I hook my key onto the strap link where my bra shoulder strap hooks on to the cup and I tuck it under the fabric. It doesn't bother me at all when it's one small key. You can also get those slim traveller's accessories for holding keys, money etc under your clothes. There are loads of options really when you think about it. My phone goes into an armband, along with a small amount of emergency cash/ID etc in behind it. I tried that out for Sydney City2Surf last year and it worked a treat.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a snug, thin fanny pack kinda thing. It's not bulky like a typical fanny pack would be, but can easily fit cash, cards, keys and my phone.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have a sleeve for my iPhone and use it as a gps and for my music. It has a key holder, but I've lost my key from there so now I either put my key in my glove or in my bra (key is not as lucky as one would hope). I can tuck my ID behind my phone in the sleeve.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i put my keys and phone in my bra lol
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Amazon a few months ago....heres a few pages of some. Mine fits my phone, id, keys and money

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias=sporting&field-keywords=wrist+wallet&hasWorkingJavascript=1&sprefix=wrist+walle,aps,276
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Phone is my ipod - which goes into my arm band. Arm band has a key holder so that is where my key goes. There's nothing else you really need that you cant wear around your arm/waste, etc when out for a run.
    i also have my sweat rag, but I just fold that over waistband of my pants while out running and use it as needed, then put it back.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    phone - inside sports bra
    car keys - tied to shoe lace
    that's everything i carry except during the week when i'm at work then i add my id badge - stuffed in sports bra.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    The jacket I wear for my runs zips closed so I don't have to worry. But my son made me a shoulder pocket that I can wear underneath too if I switch jackets. I mentioned it and he literally made one for me out of jeans.... :laugh:
  • USCEE77
    Options
    Armband for my iPhone, dog tags for ID (and driver's license with iPhone), and hide my keys inside fender, or tie it to my shoelace.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just run with my ipod but I do it old school and stuff it in my sports bra. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I tie my key onto my shoe and carry nothing else.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've just bought some jogging bottoms with zip-up pockets :)
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I read thru the comments and got some more ideas for myself. I currently use the wrist wallet but I know I'm going to hate it when the weather gets warmer. So I looked into the SPIBelt and LOVED it so I just ordered mine and I also saw the Road ID bracelet mentioned and never heard of it. Did some research and thought it was a great idea, especially since I have an allergy to a very common pain medication. Just placed my orders for both and only spent $40 for both things, great price!!
    Thank you all for the suggestions!!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I put my key (car/house) and ID in my arm band (I have room in the arm band for such yay!) for my iPhone!