single? valentines day?

Options

Replies

• tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation (my own doing!) - I was going to have a single's Valentine's Day where I invited all my single friends and we maybe had dinner, hit the town, etc. but I have a tutorial for uni the next day - sigh.... Sucks when you have more of a university life than a social life.

Have fun whatever you do though :)
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's just another day, nothing actually special about it. Enjoy it like you would any other day :)

AMEN!!! Even back during my single days I simply did not buy into the whole Valentine's Day Madness! It's just another day, and if THAT is the only reason you have to show affection for someone you've got bigger problems than a holiday.....
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like doing!
    I've been single for the last few valentine's days and I like to spend the money I would've spent on the girl but on myself! Which usually isn't much...

Maybe make yourself a delicious meal with some wine and watch a movie afterwards.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i've never had a real valentines date i'm 36 how sad is that
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @rickyII
    I've been single for the last few valentine's days and I like to spend the money I would've spent on the girl but on myself!

Clever idea!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've never payed attention to valentines day, and to be honest don't even view it any different than any other day. It's a hallmark holiday, and it means nothing. So just because you're single on this day you shouldn't feel bad, or as if you're missing out, because you're not. It's just another day.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It's just a normal day. Do what you would usually do.

This.

Yep, that's what I will be doing! I don't get depressed on Valentine's Day at all. But I don't feel the need to do anything - I figure it is for people who ARE in a relationship. Since I'm not, it's just any other Thursday! Probably do chores and watch a show. (and workout!)
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been single the last ten or so Valentines days..it's just another day! Don't you have any single girlfriends you can hang with that night? It's a Thursday this year..so I'll probably be at a small local place with friends listening to live band , dancing and doing shots! And celebrating our life!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    so all of you who dont beileve in v day, do you spend money and get your mother or father something on thoes days? cause if so thats pretty hipocritical, hallmark holidays or not ppl celebrate it or they dont really dosnt matter if u dont participate in vday dont click on a fourm thats labled valentines day. jus like around christmas jews dont go out of their way to comment of **** about christmas. just saying. thanks for thoes of you that gave me some great ideas :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    what? Listen to My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. It'll make everrrrrything better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8j1bUgwJ8&feature=share&list=PL31CBEB4608C17125
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Just another day. I'm all too happy to stay far away from crowded restaurants and movie theaters that day.
  • Neets086
    Options
    the thing for me is i dont like being out on vday because of all the "love" stuff around it annoys me, i guess im not a "lovey" type of person haha and not to mention i dont like the guys who have asked me out and i would hate to be viewed as a couple when we are definatly not lol. maybe movie and wine wth my kitties? lol

Hang at home with a friend or something, or alone with the cats. Wine is always good.

Haha alone with cats... i'm pretty sure i will end up being the crazy cat lady at this rate... I'm planning on hiring a ridiculously unromantic movie, that preferably has a little eye candy, just because.

But i agree, its really just another day :)
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Am almost always single on Valentine's (likely including this year) - it's going to be a hectic day at work, but in the evening I plan to hit the gym for a heavy session - good place to avoid it all!
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nada. Buying myself some good chocolate.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am single and for valentines day I will be going to a free Heart to heart luncheon given by my local medical association. It's a health and wellness lunch that will be held in a huge banquet hall and will have many speakers there to inform people about the importance of living a healthy life. It's suppose to be huge. Happens annually, and hundreds show up to take advantage of all the free information that will be presented that day.

I'm looking forward to learning as much a possible from these Dr's, physical fitness trainers and nutritionist. As for the evening, I'm at home with kids. Hope what ever you do, you have a wonderful day.
  • deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will be cooking a nice dinner ...maybe a new recipe to explore something different...take my dog for a walk and curl up with scary movie....maybe an aliens requiem! or something you would find fun or funny?
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm just going to justgowithit and see what will happen on that day...prolly nothing. maybe i'll wash my cat
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    so im single, and its going to be valentines day soon,.....I dont know what I should do. I have been asked out...... but unless im "with" someone I wont go on a date on v-day, just how I am, also all my friends are taken or married and I would defiantly not want to be the 3rd wheel. so what could I do alone? maybe rent a movie and just hang out? any ideas? what are all my single MFP buddies doing for vday?

you dont have to do anything.. I have a bf.. and i dont do anything.. V-day is nothing special to me... i find it lame.. and im just not into it. :) a movie sounds fun tho..
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I think it's a lame holiday even for couples. Needless to say, since I am single, I won't be doing anything special. Also, my opinion has nothing to do with the fact I have never been in a relationship on Vday.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i don't know but if I were single and had no boyfriend or date, I'd be releived. those restaurants are so packed and you can't get a table sometimes can't make reservations, sometimes there's a 2 hour wait. i have a little menu planned for just in case i get taken out, but we kind of swore of eating out on that day for the above reasons, it's just so many men looking pained at having to sit there and starve waiting for a table because they are supposed to. if i were single i'd stay home with yummy food and good movies and that's it. maybe have friends over of all kinds single and in relationships because i think everyone could use a respite from that overcrowded restaurant scene.