Burn calories without sweating

Options
2»

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I know I'm double dipping my response here, but the more I think about it, an hour and a half is plenty of time to do something intense and then put yourself back together. In that much time I could run a 5k, take a shower, get dressed, and have a snack before getting back to work.

This! Well, I am a slow shower-er so I don't have time to eat a snack, but everything else fits in just fine.

Or, be like some of the guys at my work who don't shower after, just walk around a bit outside to let the sweat dry off, then change/deoderant etc. If I didn't have access to showers at work I'd probably go with the dry shampoo suggestion. Plenty of women here don't even wash or rinse their hair after working out either. Plenty of ways to get around this. I also used to just walk at work (in tennies and my work clothes). Yeah I'd sweat a little, oh well.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Have access to a walk in freezer?

Haha, squats and burpees in the walk in freezer!
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Water aerobics or swimming are both great if you have access to a pool.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You could exercise but put your hair in a tight ponytail, make sure you're wearing a ton of deodrant, wear a sweat band to help keep your hair sweat free (dry shampoo/blow out with hairdryer afterwards?), give yourself a quick once over with some wet-wipes/flannel afterwards and put on clean clothes?

I don't think people are being negative - I think the general consensus is that if you workout hard you're going to sweat so either

(a) have a 30 minute workout and have an hour to get ready afterwards; or
    (b) do something low intensity like walking for an hour and don't break a sweat.. it's better than spending that hour e.g. sat watching TV :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd go for something like yoga or pilates.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    This thread is a bit like someone asking how to cross a road, 20 people telling them to walk that way, and the person saying they won't.
  • Prettyskinny69
    Options
    I love how rude everyone is. Obviously if I could work out for an hour, I would be doing that but, as I mentioned originally, I can't do that which is why I made this post.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I used to work out and sweat at the fitness center during my lunch break. Of course I'd change into workout clothes. AFterwards, I'd freshen up at the sink, put my work clothes back on, and use the blow-dryer at the roots of my hair. It was perfectly fine.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Swimming! Alas you get wet, but you don't sweat! :laugh: But really Walking at a brisk pace would be good. If you wear the new synthetic wicking clothing you should be Ok with just a little sweat. With your limitiation, I think the best bet would be Isometric Exercises and streching ... :bigsmile:
  • maryrichardson112
    Options
    Do a light run jump etc with a fan blowing on you. When i go the the gym i found the same work out i sweat less with the fan blowing on me. With a fan and changing you tops and washing the neck and under arms you should be fine.
  • maryrichardson112
    Options
    Movement is better then no movement so if you moving instead of siting or laying do you still doing good.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There are lots of great ideas. I don't see anyone being rude. Even I'm taking notes because I have a 45-minute lunch and a lot of these are doable.

I usually walk during my lunch break. I don't sweat that much unless it's hot outside, and even then it's nothing a washcloth and some soap can't take care of. I keep the washcloth and soap in a Ziploc sandwich bag so they don't get my purse wet, and I carry a travel size deodorant in my purse. My hair is fine with a quick brush since I don't get so sweaty that it drips into my hair; it's mostly along my forehead, and I wash that area when I do my sponge bath.