• twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    to never lie, always be honest
    treat others how you want to be treated
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    if you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all. don't listen to your older sister. If you get in a fight, make sure they throw the first punch. when hurt, if the bone's not showing, you're fine.

the last three were from my dad.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    That shockingly he man was Adam prince of eternia:smile:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    We're not lost (says mom, driving a country road), we're on an adventure!
    Always remember what it's like to be the new kid - and help the new kid not feel that way.

Hahaha, we had loads of 'adventures when we were kids!!! :laugh:
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    We're not lost (says mom, driving a country road), we're on an adventure!
    Always remember what it's like to be the new kid - and help the new kid not feel that way.

Hahaha, we had loads of 'adventures when we were kids!!! :laugh:
    I always heard we're exploring lol
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I too was always taught not to leave anything on my plate as there are too many starving children out there...still trying to break that habit at 40, however I NEVER make my kids clear their plate

Balloons and (switched on) light bulbs are not a good mix, oops...cue Fire Brigade and 2 mortified parents, lol! :blushing:

Never show your fear in front of bullies, stand up to them and they will leave you alone :happy:
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don´t try to wrestle with someone bigger than you, don´t argue with someone more cheeky than you.

And most importanty (this one comes from my little sister) - the main entrance door key in on the teacher´s desk.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    Everything I learnt as a child was dismissed when at age 14 when I read 'This be the verse' by Phillip Larkin the English Poet.

His observations apply to all parents.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    don't pull the finger
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    you fall you get back up brush it off and carry on

when i was little i used to fall over a lot, my parents always laughed at me and told me to pick myself back up, if i had a (small) cut or graze magic spit cured it (gross i no lol) my younger brother was never treated like this, he was wrapped up in cotton wool and as a result grew up mardy and demanding
    now we both have kids i've got 4 and when they fall i laugh dont get me wrong i do no the difference between being really hurt and a small bump, my brothers got 3 kids and he wraps them up like he was, his kids are mardy, and clingy, they over dramatize everything and often sulk for hours after a minor fall (one of them claimed to have broken her leg after a fall and was carried everywhere for 2 weeks when all she had was an inch long small graze on her leg) mine are the complete opposite, they fall they laugh it off, get back up, and carry on

it does work both ways though i was stood on a chair, fell off it and my eldest 2 laughed for an hour
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    A few that come to mind:

1. Be nice to everyone....you don't know what's going on in their lives that is impacting on their ability to be nice back/ be rude to you.
    2. Always use manners when dining out.... as children (and even now), my brother and I would always use our Please and Thank You-s when wait staff were allocated to our table.
    3. "Your brother has no right to hit you.... unless you hit him first. Then it's your own fault if you get hurt." Yeah, copped that one a lot as a kid.
    4. The golden rule.

and the almighty number 5....

... never think you can jump off a fish tank instead of walking down the rest of the stairs. Laziness is not a virtue!
  • Jason67o48
    Options
    Be Nice
    Eat Slow
    Chew with your mouth closed
    Be a helpful gent with elders and women
    Never swear in front of your mom, grandma, great grandma
    Share what you have
    defend yourself
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    that santa doesn't exist :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    what i learned as a kid?
    jack and jill went up the hill.
    jack went ehh jill went ahhh
    and out came little franky! :laugh:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It is still fun to play the game ....even if you don't win.

Nobody likes a sore loser...or a gloaty winner.

If you have to cheat, you already lost.

My mom lived somewhere where they didn't have school buses or shoes...and it snowed a lot...and it didn't matter which way you were goin it was always up a hill.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I too was always taught not to leave anything on my plate as there are too many starving children out there...still trying to break that habit at 40, however I NEVER make my kids clear their plate

That is a tough one. My boys both eat lots of little meals which is contrary to the way we grew up. Having to re-learn.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    It is still fun to play the game ....even if you don't win.

Nobody likes a sore loser...or a gloaty winner.

If you have to cheat, you already lost.

Very cool ones.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    what i learned as a kid?
    jack and jill went up the hill.
    jack went ehh jill went ahhh
    and out came little franky! :laugh:

All part of exploring the mystery of youth. :D
  • amandaward709
    Options
    Eat everything on your plate because there are children starving in India...yea, that worked out.

hahaha I love this.