Am I the only girl who believes this?

Options

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options

Probably a childish question, but I'm curious...

Yes, it is. I'd leave to go and date a grown-up.
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt call him my bf after that nonsense. On to the next. Lol
    This!
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Unless he wants a mad girlfriend or asking for a break-up, then that's probably the stupidest thing to say!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I also believe you shouldn't share every minor dispute with the internet...
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    I didn't think real people had worst enemy's like a nemeses :)
  • lovesbikes
    lovesbikes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Depends on the context
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

-"I only hit you because you're pretty when you cry."
    -"I caught herpes from a hooker while I was away on business."
    -"Your face is so pretty...it would look so much better stretched over mine."
    -"It puts the lotion on the skin!"

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.

This is just win at its purest form!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Is this one of those things where he said, "My ex used to make a mean lasagna" or "My ex was a beast in the gym she could run sub 5 min/miles"....and you're looking at it as "I can't boil water and I get tired walking to the corner store....so that must mean he thinks she's better than me?" It's a pretty tough relationship to be in where you aren't allowed to speak your mind. Even if he did compare you two, was it in a contect to control you or knock you down? Either way, if you don't like him comparing...or even bringing her (or other women) up you can kindly tell him so. It doesn't have to be a knock down, drag'em out brawl between you too.

It's a given that anyone who's dated anyone...doesn't compare to an ex in some area. I do believe that it's something that needs to be spoken of with some finesse. However, most men aren't known for their finesse. They blindly, ignorantly and without bad intent...often just make statements without thinking of the outcome. Unfortanately, women will take the smallest thing and run with it. Instead of one best buddy with some common sense, chiming in...they all get worked up and start to man bash. What does it resolve?

Actually, this is what i meant to say. I just posted the reader's digest version. Maybe CliffsNotes would be a more relevant reference.
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    Ok, well some of you jumped to conclusions - who says this is something that's happening to me or not happening to me? It was just a question.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of growing up to do.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    50XoPkR.jpg
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    29454295.jpg
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I have growing up to do...because I asked a question? Hmm...ok.
  • taunto
    Options
    Ok, well some of you jumped to conclusions - who says this is something that's happening to me or not happening to me? It was just a question.

Once again, you're completely right
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I think it depends on what it was he said, but since you aren't going into detail, I can't really answer as I don't think it's entirely black and white - especially when the context of the comment/conversation is unknown.

Edit: Well, whether it's about you, or not, my answer is still the same.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

In all fairness, if you wanted to present it as third party experience, or just to gather opinions on such a scenario, you probably should have stated that from the outset.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    DUZi8gd.jpg

BAHAHAHA!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    50XoPkR.jpg

Hah!
  • taunto
    Options

Nope, all grown up. Grats
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    hugh-grant-love-actually-dance_o_GIFSoupcom_zpsaf3bea1d.gif