single? valentines day?

Options
12346»

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago. So strangely, yes, I'm single.

I don't really care about that, I'd go out because it's Thursday night and get some drinks with single friends. Why be down because of this? Love is a great thing, and I'll have it again in my life, even if it won't happen by February 14.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me, my wife isn't a sucker, and is as immune to holiday garbage as I am. Thus, we'll be avoiding all of the crowds of people and sitting our happy *kitten* at home for dinner, just as we always do.

Wait...no...the 14th in a Thursday. We'll be deadlifting, and hopefully the gym will be nearly empty due to the aforementioned crowds of people being out doing whatever it is they do.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I've never had an SO so it won't be anything new that's for sure. Prolly hang out on the net.
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Celebrate SAD instead ("Singles Awareness Day!") lol.

Much better than celebrating V.D. (hahahaha.......I hope someone gets the joke).
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Celebrate SAD instead ("Singles Awareness Day!") lol.

Much better than celebrating V.D. (hahahaha.......I hope someone gets the joke).
    Veneral diseases are pretty SAD yeah, unfortunately I don't think they're seasonal like SAD is?
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm meeting with a Meetup group to swap books and have a bite to eat.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Use valentine's day as en excuse to buy yourself presents!.... I dont do that or anything....
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm single with no Valentine this year and I'm not sure what I'm doing this year.
    I'll probably just end up staying at home and relaxing.
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My s/o and I are on a 'break' so technically yes, I'll be single on Valentine's Day. I'm going to power through my shift at work, then lounge about at home, have a hot bath, and be kind to myself. Treat yourself to something nice, and remember it's just one random day out of the year that's emphasized more so than others for romance for no good reason. If you don't have someone to share your love with, shower it on yourself instead. :)
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    No Valentine at this point, I don't expect to have one on such short notice and I haven't since 2005, but I'm thinking about just treating myself out to dinner somewhere..

..who am I kidding. I'll be kicking some fitness butt. I'll use my continued singledom as gas to throw on the ever burning fire.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ah well.. I might as well be single
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    just make it a girls night with your single girlfriends! thats what i used to do, and we had a freaking blast.. would treat ourselves to a nice dinner and go out dancing :)
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    just make it a girls night with your single girlfriends! thats what i used to do, and we had a freaking blast.. would treat ourselves to a nice dinner and go out dancing :)

This!!! That's probably what I'll end up doing.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do your heart a favor on valentine's day - do an extra session of cardio. . . followed by some frozen yogurt .

Hmmmmm. frozen yogurt . What was the question again ?