Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• robin949598
    robin949598 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and would like to lose 10 more pounds. The weight sure comes off a lot harder than in did years ago.
  • long2know
    long2know Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 41 and have lost 95-100 lbs in (6) months. I'm a software engineer, and live a pretty sedentary life style.

For me, it was a combination of diets and exercise. Before using MFP, I was on a low-carb diet to get a jump-start on my weight loss. After losing 30-40 lbs, I switched to calorie counting and MFP.

I started a (serious) running routine in late October/November of last year and have already run four or five half-marathons. I use Endomondo to track my runs, and it tells me my average is 5 miles a day. The integration with MFP is pretty sweet!

A good one-hour run, for example, burns 1000+ calories.

I can't say for sure if this has been harder or easier than when I was younger. It has been hard work, but it has also been pretty quick.
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 40 and want to weigh 140.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lovely to meet you! I am 42 and have around 30lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me. I am on here most days and am also in the process of giving up smoking!

Congrats on the quitting smoking! I quit 6 years ago after smoking for nearly 30 years and I have never EVER felt better in my entire life - keep up the efforts - it is truly worth it in the end.

I am 50 years old and I my goal is to lose 30 pounds!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 48 and now have about 80 lbs to lose. It is an uphill battle to lose weight after 40, but I will do it!
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and fighting the hormones that come with menopause. I have been trying to lose 20 lbs since I was in my mid 40's, and get 10-15 pounds down and then it creeps up again. I hit 160 and said "no, I will not put up with this." I would love to get down to 135 lbs, but I don't feel that is likely reasonable with menopause. Perhaps in time. For now I would like to hit 150 again, then try for 140. Then I will see if I think 135 is a reasonable weight to hit and maintain. If you look at my blog, you can see what I do for fitness, and my current 2013 journey my trainer has me on :)
  • kaleksy
    kaleksy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! 54 and have more pounds to lose than I want to think about!!!!! It's tough!:explode:
  • CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52, mom of an adult son and 2 girls 8 and 6 years. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I have arthritis in both knee and find walking is the best exercise for me. Please feel free to friend me. :happy:
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in less than a year. Anyone can add me if they like
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I've lost 12 pounds and 2 pant sizes over the last 6 months. Slow going, but going nonetheless. Now into my second week of New Rules of Lifting For Women.
  • KristaL17
    Options
    Hi I am 46 currently but will be 47 in April, waiting on the birth of my granddaughter so exciting, find it a real struggle to get motivated as i need to lose a min of 24lbs and 2013 happens to a manic year, what with 2 weddings, my best friends 40th, a hen weekend away and a 40th birthday weekend away! :ohwell:
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and trying to lose 20 pounds..boy it is not like when I was younger it would just melt off. :sad: Working hard and trying not to give up!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 43 (LOL) and maintaing.... Add me for support if you like
  • cliffordcolter
    Options
    44 and trying to maintain. I lost 50 lbs last year and refuse to go back!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, and have more then that to lose. I can't seen to get the hang of it.
  • QueenBeenita
    QueenBeenita Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 48 will be turning 49 in May. I have lost 32 lbs and still have at least 50 lbs more to lose.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    45 years young and I've never felt better! Always looking for support and motivation, anyone can add me! =)
  • GoneKona
    Options
    Yep. I'm 48 and having a go at it.
  • MMFP68
    MMFP68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and put on some weight after being hospitalized in October. I've lost 13 lbs since December 5 using MFP and am almost back to my pre-admission weight. Now, I need to work on muscle toning.