Burpees - WTH

Options

Replies

• MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with burpees! I hate doing them but love the feeling after I'm done and what they do to my body. Currently doing 100 burpees a day for the month of February if you'd like to join me :)

We should make a burpee challenge club!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to do burpees as part of softball practice during high school and college. I loved them! They felt like torture during, but I felt so awesome afterward. I can't wait to lose more weight so I can do them again. (I'm not allowed to do squats and such until my knee is healed and/or I get down to 250 pounds.)
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I hate kirtsy lunges. They drive me nuts.
  • Csoldano
    Csoldano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    IDK what a burpee is but just saw Tard the Grumpy Cat in the OP's progress scale thing...and well thats just win.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Burpees are one of my least favorite workouts, not beacsue they don't work, but because they are sucky and hurt haha. I hate mountain climbers/knee tucks wayyy more though ha. And I hate lunging off the back of the step. Ugh.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...what's a burpee?

^^ second this..

also what's a deadlift? LOL
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Our boot camp instructor had us throw in a double pushup in the middle of the burpee.
  • VibrantKrystle
    VibrantKrystle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is nobody going to address the "kettlebell kegals" comment? Seiously. I need to know!

This^^^ Tried to Google it and google did not seem to know either.

I think she meant to put a "," between kettleball and kegels. Kegels are muscles in the vagina. And if you can strengthen them with a KETTLEBALL, you have other problems. LMAO

Great thread by the way!
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - maybe I'm a weirdo but I LOVE burpees! Mountain climbers, though, can DIAF.

As far as the kettlebell kegel comment goes - I giggled like a crazy woman when I read that. I thought I was the only one who noticed that..... err.... particular side effect of the swing. :D<3 me some swings -- I'm doing 'em with 50 pounds now!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love / hate the first few weeks of being in the Kettleworx regime. Gets easier after around 3 weeks, but those first few weeks you hurt so badly! I love / hate that. Love the Kettleworx programme though! X
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with burpees! I hate doing them but love the feeling after I'm done and what they do to my body. Currently doing 100 burpees a day for the month of February if you'd like to join me :)

We should make a burpee challenge club!

I did.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/11990-burpees-are-from-hell-the-challenge
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Grossest exercise name ever. Unless there's a fartie or a poopie I don't know about.

bahahaha... kettleball kegels

^this :noway:
  • VibrantKrystle
    VibrantKrystle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with going from a lunge, them bringing that back leg up into a high knee jump. OUCH
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Burpees are my worst nightmare, Yesterday my trainer set up a circuit and after each set we had to Burpees for a minute and then move to the next station. I can do a lot more than when I first started, but I really like lifting much better than burpees. Just saying!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper just looooooves side burpees. For me, they're worse than regular burpees (and not much is worse than those).

ETA: Plank bombers. Those are miserable, too.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

That must be the advanced training and I'm still at fetus level. I have to use a chair to help me stand if I try to do 10 of these in a row....100 would kill me.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I....hate....burpees....I would rather stick my hand down a running garbage disposal than do a burpee ever again.

LOL, Tell us what you really feel. :bigsmile:
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hate Exercising restraint when trying not to eat these all by myself

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

I just might have to try "turtle burgers" - that looks awesome. Best part: low carb!!!!
    I'd try the meatloaf without the noodles . . .
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    i'm still confused about kettleball kegels... i know what kegels are, and i don't know how a kettleball would help with those.

I'm with you!! WTF :noway: