you're not special.

Options

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    No...I'm not special. I'm freaking awesome! Now, go away. K? Thanks!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I've got some news for you guys that might hurt your feelings. But it seems like quite a bit of you need to hear it...
    Like the title says, you're not special. Plain and simple. But I'll go in a little more detail.

We're all on this website for one common goal, and that's pretty cool. But I've noticed that the majority of the MFP population is full of fitness snobs. You've got great bodies, great motivation, great food diaries, and that's okay.

Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.
    You have no right to tell other people what to do with their life, and you certainly have NO RIGHT to police someone else's body and habits. It isn't yours, and it's none of your business.
    I understand that there are some special cases where people's health is urgent, etc etc, but when it gets down to it, their choice is only their own.

Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

You are fit, you are healthy, and you are not special. Sorry, but no one is.

can we also say that nobody is special and the junk eaters shoukdnt get butthurt when they ask why they cant lose weight and someone mentions their junk diary?
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    p94kz.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    haha ohhh lordy you guys. chill out, you got trolled.
    I'm ready to eat some dead carcass. You with me?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

pass! i'm carcass-free.
    Why? Nothing is better than taking a nice juicy steak, adding some salt and pepper and grilling it on an open flame, then cutting it up with a knife and dipping it in A-1 sauce!!!! Well unless it's bacon wrapped.

IDEA Fitness member

You had me until you mentioned A-1 sauce. BLASPHEMY! If your steak needs A-1, theres something wrong with that cow.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't like you.

No one is really alike even with common goals. That kinda makes everyone special, IMHO.
    Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

I think you are taking suggestions and comments way too serious. Sure, not everyone is going to live the same, but you are on a public forum which is all about posting opinions and sharing experiences. You aren't going to accept/like/need all of them, but something will resonate and you can quietly filter the rest. Taking exception to anything more will get you no where.

For blatent trolls and those that need that kind of attention, just ignore them too. Again though, they are here and will post what they do.

All the best.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Ironic
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpm2m6dBTh1qa8jb7o1_500.gif
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

failedtroll-150x150.jpg
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OP has a wedgie today
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Those that have to reveal their hand before the final hour have already lost.
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo10VxlNTetsgH3Z2UfzhEbdnRHGGdUYSscpbejilRhgmWx2Eb

haha
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    ***** I'm special as ****, damn cracker.
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I dont want to read
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    We're all on this website for one common goal, and that's pretty cool. But I've noticed that the majority of the MFP population is full of fitness snobs. You've got great bodies, great motivation, great food diaries, and that's okay.

Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.
    You have no right to tell other people what to do with their life, and you certainly have NO RIGHT to police someone else's body and habits. It isn't yours, and it's none of your business.
    I understand that there are some special cases where people's health is urgent, etc etc, but when it gets down to it, their choice is only their own.

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I think OP was referring to those people who say: If you lose weight without LIFTING weights you're gonna look terrible and be skinny fat. So be gym junkies like us or you'll be a loser. LOSER!

Or some such.

Some points I agree with, OP, some I don't.

I think everyone is special. Some more then others. :D
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwhtxb5d3F1r6aoq4o1_250.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to eat some dead carcass. You with me?

IDEA Fitness member

pass! i'm carcass-free.
    Why? Nothing is better than taking a nice juicy steak, adding some salt and pepper and grilling it on an open flame, then cutting it up with a knife and dipping it in A-1 sauce!!!! Well unless it's bacon wrapped.

IDEA Fitness member

A1 sauce?!?!?!!

Get out.
    Hahahaha! Asian's like vinegar tasting sauces!!!

IDEA Fitness member
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It turns out I am. Be mad all you like, I am a snowflake.

I know for sure that profile picture of yours is special...good lord thats hot!
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've got some news for you guys that might hurt your feelings. But it seems like quite a bit of you need to hear it...
    Like the title says, you're not special. Plain and simple. But I'll go in a little more detail.

You are fit, you are healthy, and you are not special. Sorry, but no one is.

Hypocritical post is hypocritical.
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    I am special.
This discussion has been closed.