Jillian Michael's *RIPPED IN 30* challenge!

Options

Replies

• mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like them both but I find Ripped in 30 more challenging! I also like how the strength portions are broken up into 3 exercises rather than 2. Ripped in 30 kicks my *kitten*!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Starting week three of Ripped tomorrow morning. Week two was challenging but I'm ready to move on.

I really like those renegade rows - I feel empowered when I do them. Still can't do a "real" push-up yet but I'm determined.
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi wish I would've found this thread a few weeks ago when I first start RI30.

I'm on D4 L3 and this level is killer. I thought I was done with being sore the next day after completing the first 2 levels.

My stats:

5'1
    SW-160
    CW-156
    GW-130

I am starting to feel a little discouraged having only lost a few pounds but I keep teling myself that I've probably gained more in muscle weight. I have noticed pants fitting better and feeling stronger, just like to see more pounds come off too.
  • JennieCakes72
    JennieCakes72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I'm on D4 L3 and this level is killer. I thought I was done with being sore the next day after completing the first 2 levels.

My stats:

5'1
    SW-160
    CW-156
    GW-130

I am starting to feel a little discouraged having only lost a few pounds but I keep teling myself that I've probably gained more in muscle weight. I have noticed pants fitting better and feeling stronger, just like to see more pounds come off too.

I hear ya!
  • JennieCakes72
    Options
    I like them both but I find Ripped in 30 more challenging! I also like how the strength portions are broken up into 3 exercises rather than 2. Ripped in 30 kicks my *kitten*!

Okay, well maybe I will do Ripped in 30 in March after I complete it in February and just try to use larger weights the second time around. Good luck!!!
  • mschleg
    Options
    I just finished doing week 3 again and after I was done I flipped back to week 1 and figured I'd do that a little for a little extra exercise. It really gave me a confidence boost as to how much stronger I've gotten because everything in the first half of the segment seemed really easy and I remember huffing and puffing and having a hard time with it. My goal is to eventually be able to go through the all the weeks without having to any modifiers
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options

My stats:

5'1
    SW-160
    CW-156
    GW-130

Don't give up! Level 3 was absolutely awful for me and I literally thought I was going to die haha. I'm on Day 3 Level 4, and I honestly didn't notice any real weight loss (pounds) until the middle/end of week 3. I lost 2.5 lbs last week alone and have already lost 1 lb this week. But I've also upped my cals from 1200 to 1400 a day because I realized I wasn't eating enough. I also completely cut out alcohol until I'm done with Ripped. Being a 21 year old college student, this is pretty difficult haha. But as I said, don't give up! I was so discouraged literally only a week ago and thought I should stop trying, but if you keep at it the pounds WILL come off, especially if you notice you're losing inches! :D
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think I'll look into this workout after I finish 30DS!
  • danahouseholderr
    Options
    I am still on Week 1, but I do feel better. Maybe its just the endorphins! Ha, ha!! ;)

Do you like the 30DS? Do you feel a difference? I was thinking of doing that one next.

February and March where I live is snowy, rainy, and cold so I need to find indoor work outs. Once it's nice out, I am outside til the end of Fall.

Jen

I loved 30DS! I started with 30DS before Ripped in 30 because I hadn't exercised in a really long time, and I read that 30DS is a bit easier than Ripped. So if you can get through RI30, you can definitely do 30DS.

After 30DS I noticed a HUGE difference, not only in my body but my stamina and endurance as well. I shed a lot of fat on my stomach and legs, although I didn't lose a ton of pounds, but I toned up a lot (especially in the beginning since I had more to lose). I'm by no means "ripped" or "shredded" haha but it really did make a noticeable difference. I can also now run almost a whole mile without stopping, where before I had to stop to walk every 30 seconds, and this is just from doing 30DS and RI30 alone.

I can show you my 30DS before/after! I actually haven't posted it anywhere yet so we'll see how this goes! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bullets/9774a341-037b-4b85-9eeb-2367daee97cc.jpg

The lighting was a little different in the second pic and I still have a little bit of that shadow under my tummy but it's significantly smaller! Do 30DS, you won't regret it! RI30 is even better too!

[EDIT] The after pic was taken around Day 22 of 30DS but I didn't notice many results after that due to the holidays/not watching my diet as strictly until I started RI30
  • danahouseholderr
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 is here! Honestly can't believe time has gone by this fast and I'm almost done with RI30. I've lost about 7 lbs total and 1 inch off my waist so far! So excited, although I'm preparing myself for the weekend and drinking/socializing which will prob not be the best haha. Don't give up guys!!! :heart:

SW 145
    CW 136
    GW 125

Also! Any suggestions for what to do after Ripped? I'm thinking of mixing a hybrid of Jillian DVDs with her 6 week 6 pack.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am still on Week 1, but I do feel better. Maybe its just the endorphins! Ha, ha!! ;)

Do you like the 30DS? Do you feel a difference? I was thinking of doing that one next.

February and March where I live is snowy, rainy, and cold so I need to find indoor work outs. Once it's nice out, I am outside til the end of Fall.

Jen

I like 30ds its def thrown me back into getting in shape. I feel more toned and I've lost 4lbs so far which for me is huge since i have hormonal problems. Feel free to add me anyone I'm on everyday.
  • JennieCakes72
    Options

Jen

I loved 30DS! I started with 30DS before Ripped in 30 because I hadn't exercised in a really long time, and I read that 30DS is a bit easier than Ripped. So if you can get through RI30, you can definitely do 30DS.

After 30DS I noticed a HUGE difference, not only in my body but my stamina and endurance as well. I shed a lot of fat on my stomach and legs, although I didn't lose a ton of pounds, but I toned up a lot (especially in the beginning since I had more to lose). I'm by no means "ripped" or "shredded" haha but it really did make a noticeable difference. I can also now run almost a whole mile without stopping, where before I had to stop to walk every 30 seconds, and this is just from doing 30DS and RI30 alone.

I can show you my 30DS before/after! I actually haven't posted it anywhere yet so we'll see how this goes! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/bullets/9774a341-037b-4b85-9eeb-2367daee97cc.jpg

The lighting was a little different in the second pic and I still have a little bit of that shadow under my tummy but it's significantly smaller! Do 30DS, you won't regret it! RI30 is even better too!

[EDIT] The after pic was taken around Day 22 of 30DS but I didn't notice many results after that due to the holidays/not watching my diet as strictly until I started RI30

I just checked out your pictures and that is a HUGE difference! You should be proud! I took pictures too and I will definitely take more at the end of RI30. That is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! Definitely a motivator for me!

How tall are you? You have the same goal weight as me. I am 5'2".
  • danahouseholderr
    Options

Jen

I just checked out your pictures and that is a HUGE difference! You should be proud! I took pictures too and I will definitely take more at the end of RI30. That is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! Definitely a motivator for me!

Thanks so much! I'm definitely really happy about my results but still have a ways to go. Jillian is the only thing that has gotten me closer to my goals and I hope this can inspire some people!

I'm 5'2" as well. I think 125 is a good weight for my height considering I have a medium-sized frame.
  • LaChinaDoll
    Options
    Do you think I can join this thread. I am starting next Monday. I finish the shred on Saturday and always take Sundays off.
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting ripped in 30 next week. I am currently doing the 30ds and I've got to admit level 3 is seriously kicking my butt. I have to add this is my first workout in a long time. Level 1-2 were hard but nowhere near as hard as level 3. Anyways do you all think I can do it?? Are you seeing results?

Hello La ChinaDoll
    I have started 30DS level 3 today - it is tough and I need to check out the moved again as I lost some time trying to keep up. It is the first time ever that I have followed this kind of workout although I have been going to the gym to do some cardio on and off for the last 3 months. I am planning to have a 2 day break after 30DS and then get straight into RI30. Good luck!
  • JennieCakes72
    Options

Jen

Thanks so much! I'm definitely really happy about my results but still have a ways to go. Jillian is the only thing that has gotten me closer to my goals and I hope this can inspire some people!

I'm 5'2" as well. I think 125 is a good weight for my height considering I have a medium-sized frame.

We must be exactly the same. I am medium framed too. When I weigh less than 125, everyone tells me I am too skinny. Right now my measurements are 34", 28", 36". I know I will probably lose more from my waist and hips. I don't usually lose a lot on my upper body because my lower half is where I carry most of my weight! :sad:
  • colorfuldreams
    colorfuldreams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm on my fourth week but I'm not seeing inches go down! i"m just losing weight...any clues to what can help me out? I started ripped at an already good size
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did day one of week three yesterday and I am sore again. I'm resting today and will do day two tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?
  • mschleg
    Options
    I did my 5th day of week 3 today. I took yesterday off and ran on the treadmill instead. I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow and take sunday off and maye do the treadmill again. Then monday I'll start week 4
  • LaChinaDoll
    Options
    Officially starting Monday. Just finished 30ds!