Spouse Trying to Sabotage Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I think you're being REALLY unsupportive of the OP

He's clearly trying to save his marriage.

What's more important? That his wife looks good or that they stay happily married?

THANK YOU! At least one person gets it. There are kids involved, I can't let this go on.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hello - looking for some help and support. My wife and I have both been losing a lot of weight recently and have been pretty successful counting calories.

I've noticed that she's been getting a lot more "male" attention and it's starting to make me uncomfortable. I'm not the jealous type but does anyone have suggestions for how I can sabotage her weight loss? Like, change the settings on the food scale, or ?

first off, you really need to get some control over your castle there, bub. why are you allowing your wife to walk outside alone in the first place? the house don't get spic and span by itself. she needs to be home. i get that she has to use some of the allowance you give her to go grocery shopping, but if you tell her she has to go in the late morning/early afternoon, she won't get any male attention because all the men will be at work.

secondly, it's "loosing weight" not "losing weight". get your grammer together, chief.

I'm not sure if this whole thread is a joke or not but it's amusing.

For the record it is 'losing' weight as in you lose weight, you don't loose it. Also to double the irony you started the next sentence without a capital G. To add to the irony a final correction, it is spelt 'grammar' not 'grammer'.

I could have made myself look incredibly stupid here if the comment is intentionally ironic, but that would only add to the hilarious-ness.

"Hilarious-ness?" Really?

Why not? I'm still not sure if this whole thing is a joke. But I think it's hilarious.

The man comes here for help and you laugh at him?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    get 'er pregnant. that will give you a dual benefit, as you can then extract her HCG and use it to aid your dieting.

If that's too much work, I know someone who could do it for you.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Hello - looking for some help and support. My wife and I have both been losing a lot of weight recently and have been pretty successful counting calories.

I've noticed that she's been getting a lot more "male" attention and it's starting to make me uncomfortable. I'm not the jealous type but does anyone have suggestions for how I can sabotage her weight loss? Like, change the settings on the food scale, or ?

first off, you really need to get some control over your castle there, bub. why are you allowing your wife to walk outside alone in the first place? the house don't get spic and span by itself. she needs to be home. i get that she has to use some of the allowance you give her to go grocery shopping, but if you tell her she has to go in the late morning/early afternoon, she won't get any male attention because all the men will be at work.

secondly, it's "loosing weight" not "losing weight". get your grammer together, chief.

For the record it is 'losing' weight as in you lose weight, you don't loose it. Also to double the irony you started the next sentence without a capital G. To add to the irony a final correction, it is spelt 'grammar' not 'grammer'.

I could have made myself look incredibly stupid here if the comment is intentionally ironic, but that would only add to the hilarious-ness.

It is against forum rules to correct people's grammar.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options

It is against forum rules to correct people's grammar.

*edges slowly towards the door*
    I'm getting out while I still can.
    Good luck OP
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Start renting chick flicks... and buy ice cream.

Lots of chicks can't make it through a chick flick without crying and eating ice cream.

You should also do ALL the housework... stuff like housework is a huge calorie burn - and you need to miminize her calories burned.

Stop having sex... oh wait... nevermind.. the burn there won't be an issue.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    "Ain't no body got time for that!"

LMFAO and this for the win!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Really? Dont try to sabatoge her weight loss. For one, if she truly loves you she will not leave you because she lost all this weight. Have trust in your relationship and be proud that you are the lucky guy with this good lookin girl ;) Tell he she looks good and tell her how you feel. I am sure she will understand. But, do not try to sabatoge her weight loss. Her weight loss is leading to a longer and healthier life, more time to spend with you!!

But what is she doesn't truly love him? She could leave then. That might break his heart. How would he know if she does or not? That might require communication, and we men aren't good at that. I say it's best that he assumes that she doesn't love him, and therefore, he needs to sabotage her. That's the best bet.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    All this debate on ethics and all he really asked was for some practical advice, shame on all of you for not being there for someone in need....except those who said 'add sugar'. That's some real advice.

But I think your best move is to buy some Fiber One bars, replace them with Snickers. While you're eating the real Fiber One's, she's eating candy. Comment how they don't even taste healthy, but you've hear 7-10 a day is recommended by real scientists. Then as you lean out and she plumps up, well, then the shoe is on the other foot, isn't it?

I applaud your efforts to save your marriage.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take over all food preparation duties and add a few extra tablespoons of olive oil to everything she eats.

Olive oil is good for you, so you don't have to feel bad about it because she'll end up healthy-fat, not unhealthy-fat.

I don't want to gain weight too though - - I just want to keep the upper hand, if that makes sense?

Then you should secretly take Alli so you can block the fat while she absorbs it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Really? Dont try to sabatoge her weight loss. For one, if she truly loves you she will not leave you because she lost all this weight. Have trust in your relationship and be proud that you are the lucky guy with this good lookin girl ;) Tell he she looks good and tell her how you feel. I am sure she will understand. But, do not try to sabatoge her weight loss. Her weight loss is leading to a longer and healthier life, more time to spend with you!!

Once again, this is such a chick answer. You are asking for communication. Real men don't do that.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dude,

Accept it is over, get a girl friend and when she confronts you tell her it is her fault.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    make baby trolls!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take over all food preparation duties and add a few extra tablespoons of olive oil to everything she eats.

Olive oil is good for you, so you don't have to feel bad about it because she'll end up healthy-fat, not unhealthy-fat.

I don't want to gain weight too though - - I just want to keep the upper hand, if that makes sense?

I really hope you are joking. If not she should divore you and find someone that is not so petty :noway:
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    get 'er pregnant. that will give you a dual benefit, as you can then extract her HCG and use it to aid your dieting.

best idea lol
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You aren't the jealous type, then why do you want to sabotage her diet. Don't you want what's best for her?

My husband has been told by men that his wife is "mmm" and he looks at them at says, "I know."
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Really, I think it all stemmed from allwoing her to have shoes in the first place.

I kinda agree with this. What I have done is get one of those ankle bracelets that stuns them if they try to leave the kitchen during certain hours of the day.
  • ChristaJeanne
    Options
    That is really, really horrible of you, honestly. I can't believe it. Why can't you celebrate her success, encourage her to keep it up, and start working on your marriage so that she wouldn't be tempted by any of those other guys? That's a much, much healthier approach than sabotaging. Marriage is a partnership, not a competition.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That is really, really horrible of you, honestly. I can't believe it. Why can't you celebrate her success, encourage her to keep it up, and start working on your marriage so that she wouldn't be tempted by any of those other guys? That's a much, much healthier approach than sabotaging. Marriage is a partnership, not a competition.

I write poetry! You don't know me!