Double bras, anyone?

Options

Replies

• kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. I'm a 38-40 I!!! Yes, an I. It is so hard to find the right support and be able to get a good workout in sometimes! I haven't been able to run in quite a few years, mainly because I'm too big and would probably get a few black eyes! LOL!! I am going to try and check out those bras that were mentioned! As my regular bras cost around $40 anyway, another $10 would be so worth it for support!
  • SuShePack
    SuShePack Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear regular ladies like myself bring up the uniboob without issues. I hate pretentious exercise/weight loss bloggers/writers who so viciously criticize the uniboob! There is even some help-column writer dead against exercise capri-style workout pants. Go figure!!
  • jendawgrox2004
    Options
    I never thought of wearing two bras. That makes total sense. When I do jumping jacks they practically hit me in the face. I'm going to try that now even if it's uncomfortable.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I buy Enell bras - well worth the cost!
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've bought 2 sports bras from a website designed for big boobs - bravissimo (I think it's a UK one).. and well, being a GG, I need to wear 2 bras. I put on a small bra plus one of the sports bras. It's the only thing that keeps the girls in place. ...that I've found so far!
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    Is uniboob really so bad? Who cares about uniboob, you're out to get a workout and get sweaty!

and if you're doing it for any amount of time, that sweat can cause some serious chafing, blistering, and bleeding. I've got some great scars from uniboob bras that didn't quite hold things in place.

Now I pretty exclusively wear champion powerback underwire bras when I run: http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/maximum-support-bras/champion-powerback-underwire-sports-bra

Other brands mentioned on here during this weekly thread have been Enell and Panache, which I've never tried. I leave the uniboob bras for when I ride my road bike - if I do it right, no bouncing at all.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Booooobies!.... :laugh:

I'm a D cup.. and I will confess that I often find myself wearing two bras (especially when I'm doing high-impact stuff like running).

That being said, there are sports bras out there that work for me (without another bra on underneath)... they're just more expensive. I usually have to find a sports bra that has an underwire built in. Champion actually makes a pretty amazing, heavy-duty beastie of a bra called the Champion Shape Scoop.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra under a sports bra. If i wear just the sports bra I will be rocking a uni-boob that bounces all over the place. :wink:

Yep... underwire bra under a champion brand sports bra works for me when I'm playing soccer (and I'm a D to DD).
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do this- but I have a huge chest- it also works great with 2 push up bras! Gives you extra "lift" for nights out (but it is not an everyday thing lol)
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34G and find shock absorber are fairly decent. Still a little bit of bounce but far less than if I didn't have a sports bra on. Might try the 2 bra trick next time.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did the double bra thing for awhile and it worked, until I lost enough weight that it didn't work anymore, had to give up running until I'm down to closer to my goal. Can't keep buying $50+ bras every 3 or 4 weeks. I love boobies, but sometimes they are more trouble than they are worth. :grumble:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, a sports vest and nought else sorts me, but my blessed friend used to wear a sports bra and a lycra sports vest with supports over it. She got no more black eyes :wink:
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use a Freya one at the moment, it's actually pretty good. I have a major uniboob, but I'm somewhere between an F and a G (depends on the brand) so I don't mind so long as I'm not in agony and don't give myself a black eye. The annoying thing is that the more weight I've lost, the less it fits, so now I need to spend loads on another one!

And to the poster a few before me: Mine's from Bravisimo too!

Edit: I posted at the same time as the person before me, wasn't stealing their black eye comment haha
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Absolutely not. I am a FF cup and wear a sports bra with actual cups. My boobs wouldn't move if a hurricane blew thru town.
    Get thee to Nordstrom; they carry cups sizes to J.
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    blah, why where a bra? I did my work out bra-less last night, gave the hubby something to watch
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that double bags it, I don't want these babies to move at all so I wear two sports bras to keep them in place. Back in the good ol' days when I was thin and fit, I still wore a sports bra under one of my sport tanks that supposedly had built in support, it was never supportive for me. I'm a fan of Under Armour Sports Bras but there's one at Target by Champion that I like too, whatever the most supportive one they have is, still double 'em up though.
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    Is uniboob really so bad? Who cares about uniboob, you're out to get a workout and get sweaty!

I care :wink:
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I havent found a sports bra that keeps everything in place by itself (I'm a DD) so when I work out I wear two sports bras.

It's not the best, but it keeps them from hitting me in the face...:ohwell:
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    blah, why where a bra? I did my work out bra-less last night, gave the hubby something to watch

If I did that I think I would cry from the pain... however, he must be a happy man!