I HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT YET!!! :(

Options

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You've replaced your fat cells with muscle, that means your weight stays the same. Just make sure to eat less than calories than you exercise off in the gym and your onto a winner. :glasses:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine. Muscle weighs more than fat and it sounds like you probably built a lot of muscle with your workout yesterday. What you need to do is lower the resistance on the elliptical way down so you don't stimulate so much muscle growth next time. You don't want to get all bulky

Yup. Take measurements. You probably lost inches.
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Trolololol
  • MadamUnique
    Options
    No relation to this thread, but I'm so unwell and drained today. You's have made my day. I'm sat here giggling my bottom off! ♥:sad: :laugh:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    So I started my diet after lunch today. I ate a healthy dinner and then went to the gym afterwards. I weighed myself when I got home and I'm the same as this morning. This is extremely frustrating and demotivating! Should I go back to the gym and work out some more? This is taking way too long, I feel like giving up. What should I do!??!?!
    LAUGH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • humorousone
    humorousone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ron here. STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF everyday. Commit to diet and exercise and be consistent. It should be about being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. I get depressed and discouraged when I weigh myself all the time wanting instant results. I've decided to only weigh in once every 10 weeks. I suggest to NOT weigh yourself more than once a week.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Erm, love i think its going to take more than 1 day for the scales to come down? ....
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine. Muscle weighs more than fat and it sounds like you probably built a lot of muscle with your workout yesterday. What you need to do is lower the resistance on the elliptical way down so you don't stimulate so much muscle growth next time. You don't want to get all bulky

^^^^^THIS x100000!

You totally built up some serious muscle at the gym yesterday! If you want to see an immediate loss, you should stop working out!
  • ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Haha, are people seriously replying to this thread seriously!!??

Thanks for the giggle :D
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have yourself a batch of 5 calorie peanut butter and protein powder brownies. ....
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    You clearly have hit a plateau and are overtraining. I'm guessing you were feeling sore, tired and lethargic after all that working out, right? Yes, take at least 2 weeks off and let your body recover. You will lose at least 15 pounds during that time.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Delicious trolling.
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My husband and I in deep thought decided to share the best weight loss secret!
    Sharing this is now no longer a secret....
    But it will help you and your wife :)
    Drink nothing but lemon water for three days,
    Then try the cat food diet,
    Or there is always the school lunch diet,
    Since pizza is a government approved food you might try the pizza and ice cream diet too.... Lots of nutrition!
    Good luck to you
    Remember that weight loss is 80% nutrition & 20% exercise
    So the gym is not a big deal :) go 20% of the time :smile:

This explains so much. What if you alternate catfood and pizza/ice cream? That has to be the best diet scenario ever! Thanks to you and your husband. You may have just saved my marriage!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    What do you expect...a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat..2 hours at the gym you probably converted a few pounds of fat to muscle! Also, try the Chicken nuggets at McDonald's...
  • lilteepot
    Options
    It may be that you just need to drink more water....if you are retaining water you actually need to drink more water to lose the water weight. And not sure if you drink regular sodas or anything like that but that has "alot" of calories I found out myself. I had to make the switch from regular sodas to Coke Zero's or Fuze Diet Lemon Ice Teas. That seemed to help alot. I agree with whoever mentioned the Raspberry Ketones but I would say that you should get them in the Pure form from a health food store rather than like a dept store. I haven't had much luck with the walmart ones but when I get the liquid Rasp Ketones from the health food store that seems to help lots. And just hang in there it's a slow process and your weight will fluctuate alot from one day to another day.

WOOOOOOOOSH. Right over the head.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think your period is coming......oh wait you're a guy. Ah, well....I got nothin
  • shanjacbryan3
    shanjacbryan3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you serious right now!!! You didn't gain that weight over night you sure aint gonna lose it over night. It will take time. Also you should only weigh in once a week on the same day and around the same time each week. Its best to weigh in the morning before you put anything on your stomach so you can a truly accurate weigh-in. You have to give it time. IN addition working out can cause weight gain if you are strength training b/c muscles weigh more than pounds but as long as you see your inches decreasing then you are doing exactly what you need to do!

Give it time, it will seem like it happened over night soon!

Consistency is the Key to true weight loss success!! Good luck!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Now who has time for 3-4 hrs of cardio??? Keep on doing what you are doing, relax and try not to have heaps of carbs in the evening. It will happen ... don't lose sight of the bigger picture ... slow and consistent does it.

WOW! I'm so impressed that after being here 9 months you chose this thread for your first post, and so insightful, you were obviously saving your wisdom for a special occasion :laugh: :flowerforyou:

ETA:same applies to the post above :noway:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Is the catfood in the database a specific brand?