Double bras, anyone?

Options

Replies

• kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight I used to wear two sports bras and was pretty comfortable with it. I used to be on a volleyball team with a girl who wore 5 sports bras at a time! lol She was big girl on top.
  • jmedavis1
    Options
    If you are a C cup or above you should really be in an underwire sports bra. They have clasps in the back like a regular bra and are much more supportive than the elastic, uni-boob ones. Do you have a running store in your area? Someone will help give you a proper fitting.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until I don't have this problem anymore. :(
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra under a sports bra. If i wear just the sports bra I will be rocking a uni-boob that bounces all over the place. :wink:

LOL!! Me too!!! :laugh:
    This is what I do as well!
    :smile:
  • elvinprincess_9
    elvinprincess_9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber, maximum strength. im a g cup and they dont move at all as I work out. the best ive ever had!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    DD's here.... I don't do the double bra thing... UGH!!! Can't stand it... BUT... I do have an amazing sports bra... I have gone through soooo many trying to find a good one... They are few and far between...

Best one EVER ( I have continued to buy this same bra for 15 years) - Bali and Champion partner together to make the best sports bra EVER!!!!!
    I get mine at JCP... Sorry for the long *kitten* link, but here it is...
    There are a couple other good ones Bali makes as well...

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/lingerie-pajamas/bali-active-by-champion%c2%a0distance-sports-bra-3457-/prod.jump?ppId=1b98872&searchTerm=bali+sports+bra&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I got this in a G cup, and it is great, NOTHING moves. Except since working out for a couple of months I am no longer a G cup. I think I need to get a new one in an E

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/BB-N109/Full-Cup-Classic-Sports-Bra-Level-4/?size=&colour=
  • gustaminet
    gustaminet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second shock absorber (www.shockabsorber.co.uk). The first one was pretty good (support level 4, for running) and the one I use now (the Ultimate Run Bra) is even better: I feel positively boobless while running these days! (I'm a 32D.)
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hlavers
    Options
    My Lululemon Ta ta Tamer keeps my DD's in check and no uniboob! :D
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I use to until I started wearing Moving Comfort bras.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Glad I clicked on this thread! I wear two bras and fitted tank and I am over it!
  • tanetti
    tanetti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wish the Moving Comfort came in cup sizes bigger than DDD/E. I wear an Elomi Energise with a Shock Absorber D+ on top and it works really well for running. I'm about 36F.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to wear a thinner regular bra inside a sturdier sports bra during running/jogging activities which often leaves me feeling uncomfortable. Have any other well endowed women on the forums figured out a really good sports bra for a C-cup and over? How do you manage support while running?

While I don't run, I do use the elliptical machine at a pretty quick pace, which causes a lot of bouncing (I'm a 36 D depending on the brand if it helps,) and I most certainly wear a sports bra over my normal bra when working out because other wise, they're hitting me in the face.

I usually go with the generic sports bras made by fruit of the loom as the straps are thick, and it's enough to cover up my initial bra. I get very minimal bounce this way.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/64/60/07/67/0064600767595_500X500.jpg

Here is a link to a pic of one so you can get an idea. Any alternative to this though would be welcome - I hate how much it makes me sweat, and with all that coverage there I'm worried I'll lose some cup sizes as I lose weight - and I really don't want smaller ones; I like them as they are.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Before my t!ts up and abandoned me, I had to double bag 'em for all cardio and found they looked a lot better with a soft cup bra (to avoid the dreaded uni-boob) underneath a regular sports bra. So I've kept it up, even though I look like a boy now. *sigh*

Memories...
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I recommend buying a hideous looking old fashioned British bra called Doreen made by Triumph. This thing has been around since they made Spitfires (probably designed by the same guy) It's absolutely bomb proof just don't look when you are putting it on!
    Good luck
    :-)
    If you are going to get a Doreen buy one that's a back size and a cup size smaller than you would usually wear.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've had to double-up on lighter weight sports bras. I found a supportive one at Target (C9 I believe?) that is great on its own- but I can't seem to find it :( After seeing so many suggestions for Moving Comfort, I ordered a few to try. They're expensive, but you can typically find them cheaper online (Amazon, 6pm.com, Sierra Trading Post). I'll report back once they come in.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has nice ones. My current bra of choice is the Enell. Looks like a satin bullet proof vest but it keeps these 42 I's in tight. yes...that is an (i) *sigh*
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I love the nike ones. They can be pircey so I get the ungly colors that are on clearence but they hold up DDDs!