Hubby threw out all my "healthy food".. WTH

Options

Replies

• Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Also didn't read all the replies:

But I think that there can be a compromise. Buy him the kind of food he likes and get yourself the food you like. I know its kind of hard sometimes, but we wives can't force our husbands into our lifestyle changes. I make my dinner separate from what I make my kids and hubby. And when he came up with some Recces pieces ice cream and asked me to take a bite, bet your behind I did! As long as you don't let him derail you from your goals, its ok to share once in awhile.
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    the next thing that would be getting thrown out is him, then I'd slap him with his own shoe and say "I want a better man by the time I get back"

Yes!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Mutual respect. It seems to be gravely missing here. You should not force your husband to eat what you want to eat no more than you want him to force his nachos on you. You aren't working, would it really be that difficult to make him what he wants and make yourself what you want? I work 40 hours each week, go to the gym 3-4 times per week, do the laundry, pay the bills, clean the house etc. And I still manage to fix my husband what he likes for dinner and something for myself I can eat. It is not hard. You just have to make him a priority in addition to your health.
    agree 100%. Compromise isn't difficult. They're both just being rude to eachother.
    I eat a good deal healthier than my SO. However, I buy him the things he likes. Just like if he's at the grocery store he gets what I like.
    It's simple. Really .
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy food, he's on his own for the rest of the week.

*life

If he doesn't want to eat healthy he knows where the kitchen is! He sounds very childish.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the next thing that would be getting thrown out is him, then I'd slap him with his own shoe and say "I want a better man by the time I get back"

this.. 100%
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made it through 7 pages of angry wives. I call that a victory :huh:

LOL at everyone suggesting sending him to the store to buy his own food. Early in the marriage, I let my husband go to the store a few times. Every time he was $100-150 over budget and forgot stuff on the list. Never again. I'd rather just buy milk for him and almond milk for me.

OP: Its about compromise. He was out of line. In his defense, unless this type of outburst/behavior is the norm for him, I'd say you were missing out on some subtle or not-so-subtle hints. Replace your food; buy his food too. Exhibit self-control and don't eat his yummies. 'Nuff said.

I learned 8 years ago not to mess with my man's food. Good luck.

And as a side note: never in 8 years of our relationship has my husband ever been "made" to sleep on the couch -- or in a car! Its his damn bed! I don't even know how that conversation works. If I tried to tell my husband to sleep on the couch he'd laugh in my face and go to sleep... while hogging the covers.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The lack of marital respect in this thread is mind-boggling.

There are women on here advocating violence (slapping him, kicking him, hitting, etc.). Junk punches, hitting with anything, even a debit card, is violence. It shouldn't be advocated against anyone. The sheer number of women who advocate hitting a spouse is shocking.

What if guys got on here and started advocating that the husbands "junk punch" their wives or that the next time the wife buys the wrong thing that the guy slap her and make her sleep on the couch? Seriously? Do you really abuse your husbands at home, or do you just brag about it online?

How many of you would be fighting each other to be first in line to lynch any guy who even made such a suggestion that it was appropriate to lay hands on a woman in an inappropriate manner?

How much trouble is it really to feed the person in the house who generally eats 1.5 to 2 times what you eat? My husband eats around 3000 calories. Of course I make him extra food. He'd starve on my diet.

If you're in charge of the cooking, don't be a dictator. Be a considerate human being and feed your spouse what he needs/wants to eat along with the healthy stuff. Otherwise, if he does find someone who will cook what he wants, and who will be considerate of him and won't get on the net and brag about what a whipped guy he is, you women who do this will know why.

Whilst I agree completely about violence is NEVER acceptable i have to take issue with the rest of this message! "Cook him what he wants or he'll leave you"?! Er, is this the 50s? He can cook for himself! If he doesn't want what's on offer then he can whistle for it, he's not incapable. When I cook I make a bigger portion for my other half, that is no extra work but I'm not cooking him a different meal! Like somebody else said, I'm not a waitress!
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    He should of talked to you about a issue that he may of had at the beginning of this change. He seemed like he was trying and then just snapped from not talking to you about it. It is good for you to want to change your habit but changing it all at once and having him change without him really wanting to isn't a good way to go. Just find a common ground for both of you. Make it where he is happy and you are happy. That you both have it the way you guys both want.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, you're the one who is trying to change your eating habits and you've kind of forced it on him. I'd suggest making some of the things he wants available in the house. Continue to eat healthy yourself and cook healthy. If he chooses to eat crap, so be it. You can only change you.

^ I agree with this.

It just won't do anything for their marriage for her to say, "Screw you, go to the store for your own garbage food." She still has to live with him. I don't understand how people are so quick to suggest telling their spouse to shove it...

Ha. This.

I buy some things I know my husband likes. He'll eat whatever I cook for him and I"ll eat whatever he cooks for me. Nothing is unhealthy in my book and part of my lifestyle change is learning to ENJOY any food I want and to have it in moderation. Furthermore...I'm not going to keep stuff out of the house and force him to live by my every need if he doesn't want to.

That being said....you're husband lost it and it was out of line to toss out your food...I would go back out, buy all you need, and buy things you know he wants/likes. It is then also YOUR responsibility to have control and not eat things you know you don't really want...if there are certain things you know you absolutely can't keep in the house cuz you'll go crazy eating it all, obviously don't go and buy that...but give him a bit.

You can't expect someone else to just change for you cuz you are....Just not how it works...or well if you want it to go smoothly.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The thing is he still wants HER to make him his food. Ugh, no. If he wants to eat that way he can cook his own crappy food.
  • SylentZee
    Options
    Tell him to stop acting like an overgrown man child and learn how to cook for himself. If he wants to eat all his own things, he can buy them and make room in the fridge for yours. He's acting extremely selfish and needs to learn that his attitude is benefiting anyone.

Go get a lawyer lol.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Husband has complained about having the same meals over n over....Yet he NEVER cooks or has any say in the list when I go.
    So I frankly told him...YOU shop, YOU cook. He started to have more say in what we eat lol

I can understand he wants his food YET he went about it in the wrong way.... If my husband EVER put his card on the table to tell me to go buy something by the time he gets back or so on... I would cut that BIA up and go re-buy my food and leave him on his own until he can settle himself down.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy food, he's on his own for the rest of the week.

*life

If he doesn't want to eat healthy he knows where the kitchen is! He sounds very childish.
    They both sound childish.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I can't believe some of the posts here, wow. IMO, if the wife is the one doing the grocery shopping and cooking, then she is free to buy as she pleases. If he doesn't like what is bought, he knows where the grocery store is and can either go along with her and be a team, or go by himself and get what he would like to have. In my house it's not "eat it or starve", it's "eat it or make your own" . I have an 11 month old that I want to learn healthy eating habits before he knows what junk is. If my fiance wants junk, he can eat it while he's at work, or at other people's houses and keep it out of ours. And in my experience 90% of the time, he eats what i make and loves it despite all of the complaining.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Personally, I agree with the people who indicate there should be room for compromise here. Let's say a family has been eating meat all along and the cook of the family suddenly decides to go vegan. No, not right. This is a family and things have to be worked out together...everybody gives a little.

But my concern goes beyond this. there can be a lot of sabotage from family and friends who actually fear having a loved one change. You might resolve this issue about your new regimen only to see that even if he has all the kinds of foods he wants, he throws up other obstacles. and then you've got a real problem that calls for counseling.
  • lotusspark
    Options
    He sounds like he's afraid of letting go of his 'comfort food'& his 'comfort bride'. My hubby was reluctant for awhile ( mine is a big man though but still) Your man is afraid of losing the woman he is used to. The foods might be his anger as well, but it sounds psychological to me. Can you afford a small seperate fridge and put you r foods seperate from his? I think it's drastic to him, involving him in part of it and more slowly might be key..my hubby is liking the results...your hubby will come around. I wish you all the best.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Bahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's tough...I just buy my food and eat it...then buy the rest of the family what they like...including some unhealthy chips and cookies...most nights they eat spaghetti or tacos and i eat a salad if the meal does't meat my diet requirements....so far it goes well.... I would just talk with him...and understand where he is coming! but make him know how much you want to change too!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, you're the one who is trying to change your eating habits and you've kind of forced it on him. I'd suggest making some of the things he wants available in the house. Continue to eat healthy yourself and cook healthy. If he chooses to eat crap, so be it. You can only change you.

not in my house. my husband and kids eat what i cook. im not a waitress. if im eating healthy, they are eating healthy. if my husband doesnt like it, he knows where the door is, and also knows my address to mail his child support payments to :)
    If you re-read my post, I did not say she should be his waitress. I suggested that she continue to eat healthy and COOK healthy.

i didnt say that you said that. i said in my house, my eating habits WILL BE FORCED ON EVERYONE ELSE, because im not a waitress, and i dont cook to order... i make a meal, and thats it, they can either eat it, or starve. thier choice. that was my point. im not going to buy junk, when im trying to eat healthy. and i dare him to bring junk in to my house...

Forcing your food on everyone else is a lot bit selfish...who cares if he brings junk in the house if he's not overweight and about to croak from one more cookie...sounds like to me you just need learn self discipline so you only eat what you should...i buy my fiance junk food and he eats snacks everyday, but when I go in the pantry I choose not to eat them bc I buy my own snacks or fruit...but guess what if I want a cookie from his pack I'mma eat it and it won't be the end of the world...smh...some of these quotes I'm reading make me wonder if or how some women even have a man...first step in being healthy and controlling your weight is controlling your mind...

ok, but my husband is over weight, and, due to my food changes in the house, his blood pressure has gone from 168/97 to 131/83 in a matter of 3 months. like i said, i dont have the same problem as the op, my husband wouldnt throw a fit like that, because he knows that i have our entire families best interest at heart. and if he did have a problem, i still wouldnt change, because im not going to contribute to his early death while i make myself healthy. thats it. thats how my family works, and it works for us.

You treat your husband like a child. He is a grown man with the free will to make his own choices, healthy or not.

What you are doing is demeaning and disrespectful to the head of your household.

Women wonder why men cheat on them............ because of things like this!!
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Throwing out the food is wasteful and childish! I can understand that he's upset because he doesn't want to completely change his eating habits...but to rage out like that. It's not alright.

There has to be a compromise. My husband and I work around two different diets. Sometimes I give in and some days he gives in. We take turns cooking and will try and tailor the meal a little bit to it suits our eating habits.