I HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT YET!!! :(

Options

Replies

• Fr3dd13
    Options
    Troll Alert????????
  • prodan28
    Options
    How much time took for you to see the first results,the first kg for example.Thank you!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Sad trolls, get off the site !

If you read closely enough, and look at the big picture here, you'll see that there is a lot of valuable information in this thread. Sure, it's phrased in a way that makes those without a sense of humor a little stabby, but that doesn't mean the information is any less valuable. And not everyone will get it *right now*...but in time, I suspect most will.

OP, the only way you'll learn just how volatile scale weight can be is to weigh yourself every 15-20 minutes. Log it and graph it. Over time, it will trend very smoothly to a curve that will let you know if you're heading in the right direction. Don't forget to set alarms to wake up and weigh yourself at night too.

15-20 minutes? No wonder I can't win-I've been doing it every 20-25-silly me!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Divorce!
    it is the answer to everything
  • LittleMissChristi
    Options
    Comparing weight from the morning to the evening, with eating and exercise in between, is a terrible decision.

Weigh yourself, remember that number and the time, and repeat it the next day. You won't be as discouraged. ^-^
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should try daily enemas of black coffee, raspberry ketones and a shot of tequila

Advice I can get *behind*

:noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Haven't laughed so much in ages. Thank you everybody :)
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Try the JJ VIrgin 21 day Elimination diet - Seven foods to avoid: SOY, CORN, GLUTEN, SUGAR/ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, EGGS, DAIRY AND PEANUTS. Concentrate on fresh fruits and vegis and lean cuts of meat. You'll lose weight I promise. When i started that I lost 13 lbs in 16 days.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine. Muscle weighs more than fat and it sounds like you probably built a lot of muscle with your workout yesterday. What you need to do is lower the resistance on the elliptical way down so you don't stimulate so much muscle growth next time. You don't want to get all bulky

HAHAHAHA!!!!
  • cljabusc
    Options
    lol @ people who don't get the sarcasm...

i mean......sarcasm? what sarcasm? where?

:D
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    No relation to this thread, but I'm so unwell and drained today. You's have made my day. I'm sat here giggling my bottom off! ♥:sad: :laugh:

Make sure you log those calories! That's at least 500 - for sure!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What do you expect...a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat..2 hours at the gym you probably converted a few pounds of fat to muscle!
    :laugh: :laugh:

The saddest part is how THIS advice is given (in seriousness) to people on here all day long!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Troll Alert????????

You need some more question marks if you want me to take you seriously.
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been circuit training with a personal trainer 3 days a week for 8 weeks now for an hour and haven't lost a single pound. I am devastated! I have been eating around 1200 - 1800 calories per day (before factoring in the exercise). My trainer will not let me measure to see if I have lost inches until 3 months but I don't feel like I've lost anything and the scale isn' t budging. Very confused about this whole calorie vs net calorie thing. I ONLY eat 1200- 1800(on a bad day, not often) and that is BEFORE figuring in calories burned from JUST the circuit training. I feel cheated. I have put in so much hard work and eaten good unprocessed food with no results. Advice please? I will add that I am overweight and have over 50 lbs to lose so I don't understand why the changes I have made aren't working, or are they?
  • Pedroloco
    Options
    It takes time. Try not to look at the scale too much it will drive you crazy. What worked for me was just to follow the plan and eventually I started seeing the pounds drop. Some weeks you will see no drop and then the next ... there goes 4 pounds. Took 2.5 years to drop almost 100 pounds. And that is with one moderate cheat day per week. You will get there just keep it up!
  • aadutton
    Options
    I have been circuit training with a personal trainer 3 days a week for 8 weeks now for an hour and haven't lost a single pound. I am devastated! I have been eating around 1200 - 1800 calories per day (before factoring in the exercise). My trainer will not let me measure to see if I have lost inches until 3 months but I don't feel like I've lost anything and the scale isn' t budging. Very confused about this whole calorie vs net calorie thing. I ONLY eat 1200- 1800(on a bad day, not often) and that is BEFORE figuring in calories burned from JUST the circuit training. I feel cheated. I have put in so much hard work and eaten good unprocessed food with no results. Advice please? I will add that I am overweight and have over 50 lbs to lose so I don't understand why the changes I have made aren't working, or are they?

oh, honey.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!! I laughed so hard...best post ever!!
  • Angie1366
    Options
    You need some science:

1hpjpz.jpg

Introduction
    With perfect combination with magic conversion curve and lymph conduction,fat elimination,breach of fat,magnetic skin tension,integrated with weight loss,body beautification,massage,and exercise,four-in-one body beautification instrument transmits 32 different types of myriametric wave signals to strengthen normal electrochemical process of human nerve endings and generate 32 different moving modes of fat in the body of patients,so that the fat in different people will be completed decomposed.In addition,by combining Japanese Wis Carbon Fibre,it trasnsmits 8UM-14UM far infrared ray to dissolve the deep fat in human body;and then through the furious movement of lymph,it can discharge the patients'fat out of thier body through lymph conduction;in addition,together with especially-designed strong magnet,meanwhile when fat is moving around,the use of myriametric wave can promote the cells' activation and make the less muscles more finished and bright and exert the effect of weight loss,body beautification and massage

Features
    1.The machine has powerful functions and can take effects on patients's abdomen,stern,legs and hands etc.so with effect of weight loss,body beautification,massage and exercise
    2.It has perfect effect of breaking,dissolving and discharging,through the use of myriametric wave,far infrared ray,pressured lymph conduction our of human body,and magnetic therapy.The instrument can promote cells' activation and have the effect of skin tension.
    3.Quick result and without rebound,the efficient rate is 65% by one-time trying,87% effeciency can be achieced after trying for one treatment period of 7 days
    4.Easy operation,equipped with four working methods,including slimming,beauty,massage,movement.after you choose the required mode and then set the working parts and them begin work,to achieve your estimated result by adjusting the function
    5.Safely and reliable,control by microcomputer,the main related parts in imported from Japan and America,and it is with stable working performances
    6.Beautiful and elegant.The main machine and outside equipments are designed with the popular apprearance and color and kept same pace with internatioanl tendency

Function
    1.Far-infrared dissolve fat
    2.Super-long-wave break fat
    3.Vent lymphocyte and fat
    4.Magnetic therapeutics and shrink skin all the way

TL DR But the picture is cool, so I quoted it

I have one of those. Lost three stone after my legs were amputated... Couldn't recommend it enough!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

It'd be a good idea to start a new thread asking for advice. This one might, just MIGHT, get locked. It could happen.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Sad trolls, get off the site !

OP, the only way you'll learn just how volatile scale weight can be is to weigh yourself every 15-20 minutes. Log it and graph it. Over time, it will trend very smoothly to a curve that will let you know if you're heading in the right direction. Don't forget to set alarms to wake up and weigh yourself at night too.

I do that, and it really helps. Although now I'm tired all the time, so I probably should eat more protein??//