I HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT YET!!! :(

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Forget what everyone says...eat what you want and stay up all night and all day. If you need help with that, then get plenty of coffee and energy drinks...preferably the Monster Java or Starbucks Energy drinks....you will want about 5 a day.
  • JennyJo23
    Options
    Don't weight yourself every day that causes discouragement. And you can't go to the gym and come home and automatically lose weight. It takes time and dont' give up.
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Troll Alert????????
    CATCH!!

sense_of_humor-762713-300x289.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I have been circuit training with a personal trainer 3 days a week for 8 weeks now for an hour and haven't lost a single pound. I am devastated! I have been eating around 1200 - 1800 calories per day (before factoring in the exercise). My trainer will not let me measure to see if I have lost inches until 3 months but I don't feel like I've lost anything and the scale isn' t budging. Very confused about this whole calorie vs net calorie thing. I ONLY eat 1200- 1800(on a bad day, not often) and that is BEFORE figuring in calories burned from JUST the circuit training. I feel cheated. I have put in so much hard work and eaten good unprocessed food with no results. Advice please? I will add that I am overweight and have over 50 lbs to lose so I don't understand why the changes I have made aren't working, or are they?

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere.
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Seriously you should give up. You should have lost at least 50 pounds... assuming you are British like, and it cost at least £50 pounds to get membership...
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Obviously, that is why I am posting....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Don't weight yourself every day that causes discouragement. And you can't go to the gym and come home and automatically lose weight. It takes time and dont' give up.

That's odd. I weigh myself every day and I'm never discouraged by the number.

Of course, I understand that scale weight is volatile in the short-term...

...which is something I learned by weighing myself every day.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love to scan/read a post, then offer serious advice without making sure that advice might have already been given in other comments or to get a feel of the thread. Ah yes, paying attention is my strong suit.
  • Obviously, that is why I am posting....

Hey gorgeous, read the OP's post again carefully. Its sarcasm. You won't find much help in here I'm afraid. Try it it "General Diet and Weight Loss Help". Good luck hun and be patient. Trust me, it works. Just wait. :flowerforyou:
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Sad trolls, get off the site !

OP, the only way you'll learn just how volatile scale weight can be is to weigh yourself every 15-20 minutes. Log it and graph it. Over time, it will trend very smoothly to a curve that will let you know if you're heading in the right direction. Don't forget to set alarms to wake up and weigh yourself at night too.

I do that, and it really helps. Although now I'm tired all the time, so I probably should eat more protein??//

NO - you need the lulusoso machine as pictured above, but get the upgrade, Columbian caffeine drip feeder for extra alertness. I am telling you, 3 stone - that is 42lbs... not quite the 50 required by the OP.... But close enough.... Apparently 2 pounds of fat fits into a coffee mug, so ask them for the non fat coffee when you upgrade?
  • Angie1366
    Options

Hey gorgeous, read the OP's post again carefully. Its sarcasm. You won't find much help in here I'm afraid. Try it it "General Diet and Weight Loss Help". Good luck hun and be patient. Trust me, it works. Just wait. :flowerforyou:

She's double bluffing! Look at the photo!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    OP, just don't stop believin'...
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I am moving this topic to Chit-Chat.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • Angie1366
    Options

That's odd. I weigh myself every day and I'm never discouraged by the number.

Of course, I understand that scale weight is volatile in the short-term...

...which is something I learned by weighing myself every day.

Well done on your weight loss!
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jump!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Seriously you should give up. You should have lost at least 50 pounds... assuming you are British like, and it cost at least £50 pounds to get membership...

Aha, a joke from overseas. Well done and welcome!
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info :blushing:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Thanks,
    Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Excellent job moving a topic before locking it! Keep up the good work! This is a good step in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Firstsip
    MyFitnessPal Member
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Thanks,
    Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Excellent job moving a topic before locking it! Keep up the good work! This is a good step in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Firstsip
    MyFitnessPal Member
    QFT.