Low Sugar Cereal Suggestions

Options
13»

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Didn't read through to see if someone said it.

Shredded Wheat. No sugar content until you add milk or fruit. I like it with just a little milk, enough to make it soggy.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    weetabix sprinkled with aspartame

aspartame is not a good sub for sugar. stick with the real deal and not the artifical subs as they tend to cause other health issues over the long haul.

It is an excellent sub for sugar, zero calories!

read up on aspartame, zero calories does not equal healthier choice. http://aspartame.mercola.com/

Read up on mercola, he's a quack

I hate when I agree with you.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon... I Love it! It has 120 cal/1.5g fat/5g sugar/5g fiber for a 3/4 cup serving. It is perfect with a 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • kels1120
    kels1120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really like the Fiber One 80 Calorie chocolate cereal. It has 5g of sugar for 3/4 cup. I used to eat the chocolate cheerios but that had 9g of sugar for 3/4 cup. It's great for a snack too if you need a chocolate fix throughout the day.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eggs... Lots of eggs!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Rice and bran cereals are the best. Nature's Path is a good brand
  • edencrannon
    edencrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I take a serving of regular bran cereal (0g per half cup) and a serving of Fiber One Chocolate cereal (5g per 3/4 cup) and eat it together.
    It's delicious, but be careful! It's a lot of fiber, so if you're not used to taking in that much, it might be dangerous.
    Hi. Can you please tell me where I can buy fibre one chocolate cereal in uk?? I struggle with not enough fibre in my diet so am constipated all the time! N your reply sounds right up m street
    Donna xxx
  • tasson
    tasson Posts: 37
    Options
    I put steel cut oatmeal in the slow cooker before I go to bed at night. When my husband and I wake up, it's ready and delicious. We switch it up by using fresh fruit: blueberries with Agave nector, apples with cinnamin and agave nector, etc. Make sure you use steel cut oats. They are the only oats that will hold up to the slow cooking. The agave nector is a slow burning sweetner and much sweeter than sugar, so you can use less. I eat at about 6:00 am and don't feel like a morning snack until around 11:00
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I take a serving of regular bran cereal (0g per half cup) and a serving of Fiber One Chocolate cereal (5g per 3/4 cup) and eat it together.
    It's delicious, but be careful! It's a lot of fiber, so if you're not used to taking in that much, it might be dangerous.
    Hi. Can you please tell me where I can buy fibre one chocolate cereal in uk?? I struggle with not enough fibre in my diet so am constipated all the time! N your reply sounds right up m street
    Donna xxx

You can't. Unless you buy it for £15 a box on amazon. The closest thing you will get here is All Bran.

Personally, I think cereal is a waste of calories! I'm an egg eater all the way - they are almost the perfect food.
  • tasson
    tasson Posts: 37
    Options
    Donna xxx

I nicknamed the Fiber One bars Farty Ones. So delicious, but very dangerous.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    if you like cinnamon, try the dora the explorer cereal. i bought it for my kids, but i like it. it's only 6g of sugar.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Donna xxx

I nicknamed the Fiber One bars Farty Ones. So delicious, but very dangerous.

These have inulin ... aka / chicory root ..... I need fiber too, but the price is too high