Running with boobs...help!

Options
I am struggling and getting really discouraged :( I have lost 25 lbs in the last like 6 months but in the same amount of time I have gone up from a 36C to barely fitting into a 36D. I am finally able to run and I am training for a half marathon but my boobs are always in my way. I have bought several different sports bras and none seem to help...

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good bra?

And please don't tell me to look into surgery because that is not an option for me.

Replies

• klmetcalf89
    klmetcalf89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue at 215lbs i have larger boobs and it is awful trying to run. I have to wear a normal bra with underwire and then a sports bra over it. The underwire can get uncomfortable but it is the only way i can control the "bounce" so to say. Would love a better solution if anyone has one though.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue at 215lbs i have larger boobs and it is awful trying to run. I have to wear a normal bra with underwire and then a sports bra over it. The underwire can get uncomfortable but it is the only way i can control the "bounce" so to say. Would love a better solution if anyone has one though.

Same here...underwire with sports bra over. But the underwire doesn't seem to bother me.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yes, doulbe up on the bras and wear one of those yoga shirts with the shelf bra built in, that should keep them in. If all elese fails,....duct tape lol I definately feel your pain :)
  • Krissee23
    Krissee23 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yeah the underwire bothers me after a few miles.

I did buy a Victoria secret sports bra that was working wonderfully but I am starting to get boob over now and they don't make a bigger size :(
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There are sports bras specifically designed for the more endowed. Have you tried those yet? I believe they are pricey, but probably worth to have one or two if they work. I know Athleta has a line of 'em.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    there are some for larger chested women they just usually cost more and are a bit harder to find - most of the sports stores around me don't carry them (I guess they expect everyone who is active to be under a size L)
    Moving Comfort is a great on with a couple of different styles the Fiona and Juno are ones I have heard the most about

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Sports-Bras/sportsbras,default,sc.html?prefn1=cupsize&prefv1=D

the other thing I have done -though only when I am on my treadmill or at home - I wear my champion sports bra and then a sport tank with shelf bra that is a size too small -- nothing moves though its skin tight so when its warmer out its to hot to wear outside with a t-shirt over it.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    36C/D here, and the girls aren't so perky at my age so I need support. My go-to running bra is Moving Comfort Phoebe.
  • lisabee37
    lisabee37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try freya sports bra or ennell, expensive, but worth it
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    We're almost the same size. Instead of buying an expensive bra, just try double-wrapping those suckers.

I double-bra almost every time I work out and it's amazing the difference it makes. Strap 'em down, lady!
  • sand4935
    sand4935 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The Lululemon "Ta Ta Tamer" is a great sports bra ! I am a 34D and it keeps mine in place. It is a bit pricey, but definitely worth the money because it really holds you down !
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    After losing 53 lbs., I'm still a 38DD, so I feel your pain. I actually found compression sports bras at Old Navy and they REALLY work. I mean, that sucker held me in and it was hard to get in and out of, so there really is a lot of support. Give them a try!
  • PinkLinda
    PinkLinda Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've always had big boobs, I'm a 38DD...and finding the right bra is important. I can now wear the underarmour bras (the newest expensive ones) as they are sized by the cup. that one really fits me well. so I've been wearing that one a lot. you don't want bounce when running. I've seen some sites online that have them too but I haven't ordered from them,
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I want to know your secret of losing weight while growing your boobs. You could be a millionaire!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I want to know your secret of losing weight while growing your boobs. You could be a millionaire!

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well, just be prepared to invest into a good bra. And I do mean invest..lol. Good bras can be $50+. I've heard a lot of good things about UnderArmour if you want to check them out.
  • darlingnikki07
    darlingnikki07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a F-G so trust, I know how you feel. The only way I can comfortably workout is to wear three bras. One regular bra and two high impact sports bras. Nike has some good ones that come in your size.
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    I was asking someone about this. Mine get in the way of running and doing activities that require anything jumping up and down. I wear like 2 sports bra but it is not enough support. I've tried Academy sports but anything is going to be pricey.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I soooooo have this problem!!!! I wear a sports bra AND a crop top that is too small to hold eveything in.
    It doesnt stop your boobs bouncing completely but does help them bouncing seperately.
    Give it a try.. its the only way I can manage!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm a bigger cup size and swear by my Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra - adjusted correctly, the girls don't move. I also wear a cotton sports bra underneath, mostly for the sweatiness and not because it's needed for support, but I'll echo the double up comment.
  • redstuff
    redstuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    look at titlenine.com. They have a whole section of bras with barbell ratings for how much they hold you in. they're expensive, but well worth every penny. check out the descriptions and the reviews from customers.