0 calorie peanut butter

Options
Saw this garbage and figured it was at least worth a try since one of my favorite foods is totally loaded with calories (peanut butter) and even though the ingredients weren't promising I bought it anyway. Got home and tried it right away. Oh my god it was the worst thing I have ever tasted! What an insult to peanut butter. I am now considering PB2 but hopefully it doesn't taste like this *kitten*!

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-Peanut-Calorie-Free-12-Ounce/dp/B000X1Q1G8

Replies

• AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What is PB2? My husband just started logging his calories yesterday and he realized the peanut butter calories were way higher than the waffles he adds it to in the am.
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also bought that same peanut butter several months ago, tasted it out of the jar, and immediately tossed it in the trash can! PB2 is much, much better than that junk!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    PB2 is delcious!! It is not calorie free hwoever. Its 45 calories per 2 tabelspoons as opposed to 190-210.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just do an extra workout and eat the real stuff.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    YU-UCKKKKKKKKK

And PB2 tastes like Peanut Butter Flavored dirt, IMO. Best option is to just make room for real peanut butter, and stay away from the trans fat stuff.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Christ, look at the ingrediants. That would have put me off immediantly,
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    I know its not calorie free, actually I'd prefer it to be 45 calories instead of 0, means there's some actual food in there instead of chemicals!

I feel like an idiot for buying the 0 cal stuff but it was just so tempting. Amanda it is powdered peanut butter that everyone here says is worth a try. I just bought some on eBay, thanks for the tips guys.
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    make your own peanut butter. get a food processor and some peanuts. just don't overdo the servings.
  • AmandaDawnRN
    AmandaDawnRN Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    oh ok. Yea I don't think the hubby would go for powered peanut butter. Hmm homemade peanut butter, might have to attempt that. Wonder if you would store it the same way?
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Real peanut butter has protein, healthy fats, and just tastes damn good, try Jif Natural, after reading the labels on about a dozen jars I found this to be one of the healthiest overall as well as perfectly creamy and rich with flavor. The other good part is realistically a little goes a long way with Peanut butter. You can easily coat one slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of Peanut butter which is only 90 calories, so learn some moderation and you will be good to go!
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I bought it like a year ago.. IT. IS. AWFUL!!!!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    PB2 is OK. It's not a substitute for peanut butter IMO. It's tasty in its own right, but just not the same.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    heard great things about PB2. Definitely trying it next trip to the store!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

this.

How dare people eat fake peanut butter.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    PB2 is OK. It's not a substitute for peanut butter IMO. It's tasty in its own right, but just not the same.

Agreed
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Christ, look at the ingrediants. That would have put me off immediantly,

That^ What a creepy ingredients list.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    pb2 is great. It has a nice roasted peanut taste and way less fat/calories. It is perfect for smoothies, dipping apples, baking or sandwiches. Its not exactly the real thing, but its good. That 0 cal peanut spread...OMG I tried it too and EEEWWWWW! I threw it right in the trash!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    YU-UCKKKKKKKKK

And PB2 tastes like Peanut Butter Flavored dirt, IMO. Best option is to just make room for real peanut butter, and stay away from the trans fat stuff.

I totally agree!!! I tried PB2 and it was not worth it at all. I know a lot of people love it but for me, I'm all about the real stuff, Jif 100% of the time. I'd rather workout a bit more and enjoy my food than settle
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    PB2 is only good in smoothies where it's masked by a bunch of other flavors.

I make almond butter in my food processor. It's so yummy, sugar-free, and full of healthy fats. The almonds aren't salted, so I save on sodium too.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

This....I personally use the low fat Jif. Everything else I have tried, which includes what you listed, has been thrown out after the first taste.