Whole wheat bread - no fake butter
    pasta's - no processed foods
    cereal - no soy
    crackers

This is the list as I wrote it down!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    After seeing how many of you "spaced out" during the video, I don't want to watch it. There might be subliminal hypnotic messages in there. Who knows what you people are doing while you THINK you are sleeping.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    Diet sodas, fast food, bread, carton fruit juices I think I remember those on there, ive seen many variations though

yeah its like five food catagories, i think the above is close. think it was Anything diet, fruit juices, any food made from grain thats not something exotic like spelt (whole wheat included because its the same as eating white bread), any Soy products, and something else, cant remember.
    I probably would avoid margarine though... Is that even food?

yeah they suggest eating real butter instead.

the video just educates you about the effects of higher glycemic index foods and may be eye opening to some (it was to me) about what foods are higher glycemic index foods. I grew up thinking that bread and grains were health complex carbs. people can debate that or not, but they raise your blood sugar at least as much as candy.

They don't like the diet stuff because apprently your liver is responsible for metabolising body fat and removing anything from your blood stream thats not food. According to them , if its busy filtering out artifical food ingredients, then it can't metabolize body fat, and is therefore bad for weight loss.

The GI stuff is dead on and people aught to know it. True, if you eat at a defecit you should lose weight regardless, and the more over weight you are the more true that statement is... but it doesn't mean its not worth educating yourself about these things, and buy that i mean doing your own research, not just watching the video.

I never really researched the liver/diet food thing but i don't doubt it has an effect on weight loss, to what degree idk

After many hours studying GI and Glycemic Loading it amazes me that people take away that eat more complex carb foods, when in actuality the food with the best GI is always protein and/or fat dense with some carbohydrate.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Human Flesh

Zombies gotta eat too you know! Sheesh, why so prejudice against the undead? :wink:

Five foods to never eat? Five things you don't like. Seriously, I've eaten nearly everything people are listing is in that video (bread, bananas, margarine, etc) and I've lost 55 pounds.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Never is a strong word. Yeah, probably not a good idea to load up on fast food every day or drink diet sodas around the clock but I'm sure there are plenty of really fit people that eat like garbage every once in a while and do completely fine.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5 foods you should never eat???

Assuming no medical condition..,

- arctic ice cream
    - pineapple
    - gluten free cookies
    - maraschino cherries
    - sheep's testicles

because they taste terrible (well, I am not sure about the sheep's testicles)...oh, sorry, you meant ones mentioned in a video.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    After seeing how many of you "spaced out" during the video, I don't want to watch it. There might be subliminal hypnotic messages in there. Who knows what you people are doing while you THINK you are sleeping.

tumblr_leyk43WyAN1qzmyoy.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    After many hours studying GI and Glycemic Loading it amazes me that people take away that eat more complex carb foods, when in actuality the food with the best GI is always protein and/or fat dense with some carbohydrate.

'complex carbohydrate' is a rather missleading term, wouldn't you say lol.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In4OrganMeat
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight avoiding foods high in carbon
  • bryonysten
    Options
    Findus lasagnes, Tesco 'beef' burgers, and other UK supermarket 100% 'beef' products... they're neigh good for you.... :-D
    PS - does anyone remember BSE? Anyone? No? Time for wine.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    baloney & cheese on white bread (lightly toasted) with lettuce, tomato & mayo
    hot dogs - Chicago Style with fries (the ones where the grease soaks through the bag)
    polish sausage with mac & cheese made with Velvetta cheese
    large meat lover's pizza with double cheese
    prime rib, medium rare with a loaded baked potato, extra butter on the potato
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I foolishly set through the video, and cannot remember what the five were. Then I kicked myself for wasting my time. It is basically just a long video advertisement of some sort. I should know better. Everything in moderation, and it's all good. That's my two cents.

Ditto, and since I spaced out a couple minutes in when they finally did say the five foods(i'm guessing they did right?) I was zoned out because it took too long to get to the point.

Yeah...that thing is a bunch of bull ****. I eat all five of those foods, though I can't remember what they are exactly...but I believe bananas were on the list. I know I eat all five because there isn't anything I deny myself...certainly not bananas and I'm losing weight just fine.
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Mushrooms, fat free cheese, grapefruit, manatee and light beer.

LMAO MANATEE!! Don't eat MANATEE!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Food laced with cyanide
    Food that fell in poo
    Food that smells like dead fish
    Food that moves
    Food that tastes like ****

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, fat free cheese, grapefruit, manatee and light beer.

Manatee? Well, there goes my protein at breakfast!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you shouldn't eat.

It's all about portion control.

Heck, I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. The thing was, back in the day, I'd eat five at once.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Gasoline
    Kerosene
    Hydrochloric Acid
    Nuclear Waste
    Human Flesh

Well, there goes my BBQ plans...
  • notthatthis
    Options
    Findus lasagnes, Tesco 'beef' burgers, and other UK supermarket 100% 'beef' products... they're neigh good for you.... :-D
    PS - does anyone remember BSE? Anyone? No? Time for wine.

I do, a friends mother died of CJD before it was was renamed to vCJD and the family missed out on compensation. Laugh a minute, eh
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    and those berries in The Hunger Games

"That's nightlock, Peeta!"