Options

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading:

"No plot, no problem", from the NaNoWriMo people
    "The origin of species", by Charles Darwin
    "The incident with the dog in the night time", don't remember by whom.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz

don't know if you will see this but I certainly wonder what you think of it? I tried to get into it but put it away for a while. I just could not get myself to want to read it. Liked the first two, the third was *meh* and this one...well I just don't know.

I also thought the third book was meh. I have Odd Apocalypse on my amazon wishlist. I hope it's better than three.
  • iluvmyhome
    iluvmyhome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you like long books, the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is great. I'm impatiently waiting for book 8 to be released this Fall.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. It was on sale in charity shop- a battered hardback ex-library copy. for 25p!! Brill mystery story
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I have yet to actually do more than crack it open.

The Zombie Survival Guide

I really need to get a good library going at home, I love to read.

this one is good too :)
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I have yet to actually do more than crack it open.

The Zombie Survival Guide

I really need to get a good library going at home, I love to read.

this one is good too :)

I keep hearing good things about it but have yet to read it.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Death Cure, third in The Maze Runner series from James Dashner. although now there is a prequel too so is it still a trilogy? :wink:

Ahhh! I loved those!!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The Death Cure, third in The Maze Runner series from James Dashner. although now there is a prequel too so is it still a trilogy? :wink:

Ahhh! I loved those!!

I tend to love dystopic/post apocalyptic stuff. My friends husband is a reading teacher so he often recommends books to me. another fave book is Enclave, although I am waiting to read the second until the third comes out. And the Divergent series as well.
  • trishwitch
    Options
    Brent Weeks' series Night Angel is awesome! His other newer series is only so-so though. I was disapointed.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    "Under the Banner of Heaven." Wow wow wow have to stop myself from reading it so I get to work on time in the morning. It is about a faith-fueled murder and an examination of the Mormon church. Fascinating and horrifying! By the same author as "Into Thin Air" and "Into the Wild" - get it you will love it!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Reading Wide Sargasso Sea.
  • trishwitch
    Options
    love the outlander series by diana gabaldon too...it just keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny
  • winterswish
    Options
    I'm reading A Scanner Darkly by Phillip K ****

^^^Ha ha ha. His name is ****. It's ok.
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    currently reading "The Host" heard it was good and the movie is coming out
  • trishwitch
    Options
    currently reading "The Host" heard it was good and the movie is coming out

it is good but s.meyer is way too long between books. she needs to write faster!
  • winterswish
    Options
    I'm reading A Scanner Darkly by Phillip K ****

^^^Ha ha ha. His name is ****. It's ok.

Ohhhh. I see. MFP edits this automatically. Wow. So, I guess if it really is your name you're just screwed. (or did that get edited, too?)

In case anyone is wondering, the author is Phillip K. D!ck. Take that auto-edit!
  • trishwitch
    Options
    I just finished 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. It was riveting and frightening and dysfunctional. Loved it!

Before that, I read 'A Discovery of Witches' and 'Shadow of Night' by Deborah Harkness. Those books were fun and easy. If you like a blend of supernatural and real history, they're good reads. I can't wait 'til the third one comes out.

I also just read 'The Forgotten Garden' by Kate Morton. It was engrossing and kept me guessing as it moved back and forth from character to character through time.

The 'Cousins War' series by Philippa Gregory was enjoyable too - basically an account of the War of the Roses from a female point of view.

The Discovery of Witches novel was wonderful but the second one lacked the chemistry between the main characters I think.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the "Ender's Shadow" series by Orson Scott Card... for like the 100th time. It's snowing, and gloomy, and that's my "comfort reading!"
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Ahhh! I loved those!!

I tend to love dystopic/post apocalyptic stuff. My friends husband is a reading teacher so he often recommends books to me. another fave book is Enclave, although I am waiting to read the second until the third comes out. And the Divergent series as well.

Oooh, I'll be looking those up when I get home! I tend to go for those types of storylines as well. I think I'm addicted to that survivalist mentality.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be reading "Wicked" for my Book Club....I'm about halfway through and totally lost interest.
    Wicked is a hard one to get through-it gets better toward the end, keep going! I've got "son of a witch' in my pile of books to read, but can't bring myself to dive in yet.

I'm listening to it on an audio book and the man that reads it puts me to sleep in 15 minutes, every time, if I'm not actively doing something while I listen. On the plus side, my husband's snoring keeps me awake at night. When I put the earbuds in and start listening, it drowns him out a bit and I fall asleep. I have it set to shut off after 25 minutes. Of course I have to backtrack and try to find the last thing I remember hearing, the next time I listen.