Waitress fired for posting this online

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's been posted on here already, but we have a completely different mentality in England.
    The only time I tip anyone is if I have been given exceptional service. Employers offering such low wages that tips are expected is a ridiculous way of operating a business. If I call a plumber out and get something repaired, I'm not going to give him a tip, just his rate and materials for doing his job. Why would I tip someone at a restaurant for doing their job satisfactorily?

Although we do have a different attitude to tipping in England, waitresses still don't get paid enough. Here, also, tips count as your wage. Which is messed up when people don't really tip here that much and you have to share with a whole team. When I was a waitress, I was always polite, friendly and went above and beyond for my customers but they didn't really tip. But, to be fair, I don't think I ever really tip. I don't really have extra money and never go out to eat.
  • JadeZaragoza
    Options
    [quote
    EDIT: I just re-read the receipt. He didn't tip anything! Wow. That's messed up.
    [/quote]

actually he did tip the 18%, $6.23 he was forced to as you can see the total didn`t change.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    I am in Australia - the whole USA tipping thing isnt relevant here - but posting a receipt like that online with customers signature showing would be a sackable offence with many employers - is blatant breach of confidentiality.
    Many work contracts here include a confidentialty agreement.

Would probably be ok if she blanked out the signature and the name of the establishment though.