Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Replies

• pangelicus
    pangelicus Posts: 43 Member
    I'm 43 this year and working on losing some weight. I sent you a f/r :)
  • pammilr
    pammilr Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ism 59 and just join today and trying to lose weight
  • tobynapalm
    tobynapalm Posts: 14 Member
    41 here. Trying to lose about 20 - 25 pounds. There's a trick to it... hard work. This site, and the iPhone app really make it easy to stay motivated. Best of luck to all of us!
  • BIGDOGDAD1
    BIGDOGDAD1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I am 46 and have lost 128 lbs in the last year with the help of MFP and cutting calories. good luck to you all.
  • Hi, I'm 52 & have 60 lbs to lose. Don't have much support here (very, very rural) but would like to build an online community of friends.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    I'm fifty-one. I Lost my weight and now i'm just maintaining my healthy lifestyle.

Questions: How long did it take? What was your food regimen? What was your exercise routine?

Congrats on achieving/maintaining!!!

Hi Brooke,
    I have a relatively descriptive profile that includes information about my diet and exercise routine. There are other approaches you can use if mine isn't a fit, but the bottom line is that it is all about consistency and patience.
  • im 54 and are going to try to losse 40 pound, lost 5 so far be at it 1 month now so im hope to do at least 30 pound before august has going on hol and would like to a bit more slimer.
  • if thats a pic of you at 51 im 54 and hope i can look like that to, how heavy are you there !
  • I'm 43 and want to lose 65 more. Lost 114 so far...most of them were before mfp, I lost several here too... Anyone can add me.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    :blushing: Welcome aboard-everyone here is great & very supportive-good luck on your journey
    :bigsmile:
  • Yes I'm 49 and could use to lose 15-20 lbs.
  • neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Hello, Looks like there are quite a few of us! I'm 48 and have about 75 lbs. to lose. So much harder the older we get, isn't it? I have a good feeling about MFP, though. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks now which is probably the longest I've stuck to any system. Feel free to friend me--always good to have support. :smile:
  • jeffro1961
    jeffro1961 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm 51, 193 cm and currently 105 kg male, since quitting smoking 3 yrs ago I have gradually been gaining kgs, I've been regularly bike riding for at least 18 months but need to step it up as I am losing tone in my body....... legs are great.

I've been struggling to keep motivated. I've been using MFP for a while and find the recording of foods a great way to monitor calories it builds awareness / consciousness of everything you eat.

Thought maybe I should meet a few other people that are struggling the same and share the pain......
  • Hi I am 52 and looking for friends on MFP to stay motivated
  • Does hitting 40 in April count?
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss Westie, thats very impressive
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    I will be 46 in a couple of weeks and not far away from my goal..
  • 46, getting there, anybody is free to add me
  • ohmygod45
    ohmygod45 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi,
    46 and a whopping 60lb to loose, from UK
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    I m 51 and have lost 18 stone -- 3 stones 6 times !! every 5 years :/ Ok I exaggerate a bit sometimes it was only 2 stones ... but that is my story , i was tiny in 2007

This time round i am throwing away my big clothes and it is staying off .. I mean it ! how do I know ? because this time I have built in exercise to my daily routine and i am loving it , and i have also given up alcohol and feel so much better

5.2 kilos (11 ls) lost so far this year ...

feel free to add me as a friend, I am finding the support i get in here invaluable ,

I would love advice on how to tone .. anyone know how ?