cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bumpamole

:laugh:
  • cmeiron
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Why in gods name would you replace avocados?????? They're SUPER healthy!!!

Trust me, I have NO objection to avocados omnomnom. :heart: But sometimes, you just want a LOT of something, WITH chips, and this fits the bill just fine :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Trust me, I have NO objection to avocados omnomnom. :heart: But sometimes, you just want a LOT of something, WITH chips, and this fits the bill just fine :)

But... but avocado!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow who is the moron who changed the original recipe for this crap?! Unacceptable.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

But... but avocado!

I have a serious question. What EXACTLY is Fat free mayonnaise?
    Mayonnaise is made from eggs and oil.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

If you call this concoction broccoli dip, and don't pretend it's guac- I have no problem with it. Except for the franken-mayo.
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Just to clarify, the first version of the recipe posted, with the mayo, isn't the one I'm referring to (and vouching for)...
  • cmeiron
    Options

If you call this concoction broccoli dip, and don't pretend it's guac- I have no problem with it. Except for the franken-mayo.

Just to clarify, the first version of the recipe posted, with the mayo, isn't the one I'm referring to (and vouching for)...

Scroll down a bit and read the actual recipe.

And seriously. Semantics. Y U mad?
  • leahunderwood
    Options
    bump
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    And seriously. Semantics. Y U mad?
    Because pretending perfectly healthy one food is another perfectly healthy food is absurd.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I know it won't taste like guacamole but do you promise it's really delicious? I recently found out I'm allergic to avocados and have been in mourning. :( But eating guacamole and having my tongue get tingly and my throat close up just isn't worth it.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Because pretending perfectly healthy one food is another perfectly healthy food is absurd.

Quoting myself:
    :laugh: It's NOT guac. Nothing could ever replace the real deal. This is something different, but in the same spirit. Also, you can eat ridiculous quantities of it, which is always a win in my book.

Chill. It's broccoli. Broccoli dip. Better?
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    While I am sure it's delicious, I am a purist. Give me Guacamole or give me Guacamole!
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    *Adds broccoli to the grocery list*

Brilliant idea. Totally trying it. I've gotten some great ideas on these boards. I'm also trying cauliflower pizza crust this week. Cannot wait to go to the grocery tomorrow!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So instead of delicious healthy whole natural avocado there's fat free cream cheese and olive oil. Gross. Maybe I'll try it with Avocado :tongue:

I'd also pass on the salt, I don't find it adds anything for guacamole either (plus, you're going to be dipping into it with a salty treat anyhow).
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    I'm on the same plain with everyone who thinks this looks yummy, not as a guacamole replacement - but as something new and pretty healthy to add to my repertoire.

Thanks for the share. :drinker:
  • Mandigormas
    Options
    Bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i was seriously side-eyeing this idea, but hmmm i might just give it a try because i love brocolli.

wondering what it would taste like with some artichoke hearts ?

will definitely be trying once i get my new food processor next week :smokin:

and yeah i wouldnt use it as a guac replacement. guac is guac and broc is broc :laugh:
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I might try this using avocado for the 'something creamy', I mean, if I am going to replace the fats with oil and cream cheese or mayo I might as well just use an avocado which I normally substitute for those other things anyway. (like tuna salad made with avocado and lemon juice instead of mayo, which looks a bit strange but is amazing!)