1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :O me tooo...always single on this day!! I'm making these

http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2012/02/08/sexy-balls-maca-raw-cookie-recipe/

and plan on eating all of them :D
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been single every Valentine's Day for the last 10 years. Must do something about that.
  • Tweak325
    Options
    Same thing we do every year pinky.

Guys night in playing board games and watching romantic comedies...
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yup! I plan on having a day treating myself. :)
  • folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! But I don't mind being single tbh. Just gonna watch all star wars movies again.. Maybe LOTR... Not sure :)
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    We call it "Single Awareness Day" :flowerforyou:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yep, my husband has to work that day.
  • Tweak325
    Options
    I know the feeling! But I don't mind being single tbh. Just gonna watch all star wars movies again.. Maybe LOTR... Not sure :)

Brilliant! I am stealing this idea instead of my old one.
  • 503nicksmom
    Options
    I've had Valentines for several years, but they were the WRONG one!. Looking forward to a single one this year. Gonna work out and have myself a little dark chocolate before the day is out.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am single have been since 2003
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Im right there with ya! Hoping to hit a bar though with some friends and just party and forget ;P
  • aprilmonkey
    Options
    I'm single this Valentine's and couldn't care less. I have so much love from the friends and family in my life that I'm completely happy just the way I am - FREE!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Story of my life... sigh'''
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Single and incredibly proud of it :) My plans for Valentines include getting absolutely legless with my best friend and enjoying our freedom :) My last boyfriend was an absolute tosspot, to put it very lightly, so I'm making the most of being able to live without the need to fit anyone's standards again.
  • Fusion1604
    Options
    It's just a marketing day...anyway
  • tstrosin1979
    Options
    Hi I am new to this. I here you I am always single on valentines day too. how do you cope. I usually cope with food. Not good.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeaaahh.. I just dont get why people make a big deal about being single on vday...ha. I was over it before i even thought about it... If that makes sense?? lol
  • mklassy123
    Options
    Valentine's Day, VD - also stands for Venereal Disease!

It's a Hallmark holiday. I don't know why single people get all depressed on this day. Hallmark and jewelry stores make us feel inadequate. We really are so much better than that.

I'm not single, but my bf is not into valentine's day, or holidays for that matter (I had to train him that birthdays NEED to be acknowledged). He's perfect in every other way. He's also in another country right now and I won't see him until the 15th. So guess what? I'm also spending VD alone, with my dog.

Don't let a fake Hallmark holiday depress anyone and make you binge on food. So not worth it.
  • lkaoki
    lkaoki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Never had a valentine ever. I can't say I see it as just another day since on that day I see friends and co-workers get something on this day. It kills me when people receive a beautiful flower arrangement or chocolates or jewelry and all they do is complain about it or doesn't think it's a big deal.

Maybe if I got a gift from a significant other on a regular basis it wouldn't mean much to me either.

Every year I like to do something different for myself. Last year it was a mani/pedi. This year I'm treating myself to a night out.
    :)