Anyone Else Single for V-day?

Options

Replies

• JannerTone
    JannerTone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not single but I NEVER get the missus anything for valentines or anniversaries anyway........but she does get flowers and pressies quite a lot through the rest of the year!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    ^ that's awesome.

Single but I will be thankful for what I do have and buy some new lingerie, chocolate and wine anyway. :)
  • tcmulli
    Options
    My best V-days have been the "single" ones. No lie.
  • ecelestial
    Options
    Great ideas! I'm always single on V-Day it seems, and besides that it's kinda a cheesy faux holiday... yet for some reason I do kinda wish I had someone special to spend it with. I guess it reminds me of my alone-ness somehow if that makes sense.
    I hope to go out with my other single pals, but if that falls thru I am totally hitting up the gym for some heart loving cardio!
  • russellalr
    russellalr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me to and Valentine's day is the day my father was diagnosed with ALS. We lost him 10 months later in 2000 at 57Yrs. :( May I suggest the movie ITS COMPLACATED. love it.. makes me laugh and make it seem ok to be just me on my own. Happy Valentine's Day to you all. :)
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Newly single, it will be the first Valentine's days alone in the last 3 years. I'm ok with that, we never did anything to celebrate it anyway.

I might pour myself a glass of wine and go to bed early :wink:
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    You're not alone! I have always been single on this holiday. I don't even like that its a holiday lol
  • russellalr
    russellalr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We call it "Single Awareness Day" :flowerforyou:
    Love IT.......
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My suggestion on V Day is to celebrate being single! :heart: Beats being in a bad relationship! Smart to plan your exercise so you can indulge in chocolate and wine! Feel free to add me
  • dcrisp21
    Options
    Been single for the last 3 Valentines Days and I gotta say it hasn't bothered me one bit! Also saved me a good amount of money lol
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Perpetually single and hate the holiday since it's a reminder of that and watching everyone around you paired up is hard. But THANKS for this thread, seeing that I'm not the only one and reading the great responses was wonderful. I''m working the night before and the night of Single Awareness Day, so I'll sleep through most of it, but I will make some time to reread this thread. :flowerforyou:
  • youngandbeautiful
    Options
    Its good to hear that most of u have plans and are positive about v day, but i have to admit, the holiday is bound to remind you that you are single and envy all those who have the romance that day :( But def gotta try and think of it as any other day :P
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Been single for every v-day so far. Been on this earth for 2 decades now but maybe one day...right?
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll treat it like any other day. No need to worry or celebrate by myself. I'll probably just come home, do some Zumba, and read a bit.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    The one year I had a boyfriend on valentines day we broke up on valentines day hahaha. I'm happier single than I am in a relationship and I can take the day to tell my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them. I don't need a boyfriend to be happy and it will be just a normal day for me and my dog :).
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Single? Please. My true love, food, will be inside me all day.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    After 6years of being in a horrible relationship, yes, I'm single for V day. Although being single can be lonely, and a bit sad, I would rather be single than spend another day in my past relationship. Best decision I ever made. I'm happier now, and when I finish this transformation, I will feel comfortable wit myself again. I'm already exploring romance again. No keepers, but flings are okay for now. I'll eventually find the right one for me.
  • trumpeteramu
    trumpeteramu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Single as well. I just plan on going out with a few of my friends a couple days before to celebrate being single. Why not?
  • kdub_nyc
    kdub_nyc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, even when I am in a relationship - I consider it a bull**** holiday. I'll be in Brooklyn seeing my friend's death metal band. I'll raise a few for the rest of you!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    After having ended a relationship in November, I am single this V-day. My plan is to go to the gym (depending on the weather) and come home to watch the Minnesota Wild play. I can say I have a date with a hockey game, right?