Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• Weeble2005
    Weeble2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs for the week! Quick and easy!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have a yogurt smoothie for breakfast daily. I change the fruit up so I don't get bored with it. Breakfast and lunch are combined because I work 2nd shift and don't get out of bed much before 10:30 am. Then for work I have a granola bar for each break in the winter and salad or cottage cheese in the warmer months.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I do this, but basically I do this even when I am not dieting. Weekdays, when I am working, I always have cereal and milk for breakfast. Lunch is an atkin's shake and an apple. Supper is always varied, because I cook for my husband as well. It works for me, because I am not having to think about what to have. The less time that I spend thinking about food, the better off I am. I'm sure some people would get bored with it, but I like it.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I personally think it still comes down to what you're comfortable with, if having a lack of variety isn't going to bother you, than go for it if it is an easier solution. But if you see yourself getting bored, I'd add the variety back in so you don't get fed up and eat any and every thing.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a few things that I know will work for breakfast and I switch around depending on what I feel like having :) If I know that I'm going to have a heavy lunch or dinner, then I will choose the lower calorie options :D I might have a roast beef sub from Subway, or 2 eggs, or porridge. Plus a mug of coffee with skim milk :D
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Before I started this, I generally didn't eat breakfast (and then would be ravenous and overeat for lunch). The instant oatmeal with peanut butter that I eat most mornings keeps me from eating too much at lunch, and it's so easy that even if I'm running late I can fit it in. So it works for me; I didn't ever have a varied breakfast, so eating the same thing works for me.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have to like my food but don't have to be intertained my it so I don't get bored with good food. On the other hand I think it's safest to mix things up a bit so if there is some unknown element like pesticides, or natural nutritional imbalance I don't just keep pumping them in. I figure that people's ability to eat a wide range of foods, both nutritional and not so nutritional has contributed to our continued existance.

From me breakfast is normally steel cut oats and coffee. I occasionally have one egg rather than oats. Lunch and dinner are always mostly animal/fish protein and green and/or orange veggies and snacks are normally an ounce of nuts or cup of fruit or a Quest protein bar. I occasionally have wine, or beer or scotch and sometimes have a sweet like cake, a cookie but I don't bring more than a serving of sweets into the house because I'm week. I buy a loaf of nice dense seeded wheat bread every couple of months and the same for a good low fat sharp cheddar cheese but don't eat them every day.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to write out a menu for the week. Breakfast and lunches (for the most part) for the week is the same. I hang it on the fridge and follow it. Takes the guess work out of the age old question... What's for dinner? I do my weekly shopping based on that menu. I stay on track both calories and budget.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    I like choices..most people, including me.. have staples they like...I enjoy having bran,fruit, oatmeal, and whole milk and/or eggs..400-500 cals usually in the morning sets me up well
  • smitty24
    Options
    I vary my breakfasts, lunches and dinners day to day. Although my breakfasts are similar in that I have protein shakes - I change up the flavours and try different fruits, etc with them, time to time. My weekends may vary a little differently and occassionally a reward breakfast will come around.

My lunches vary, but mostly of late some salads with small portions of meat or fish or tuna - or occassionally a pasta. Now and again a sandwich containing egg.

Not sure how I would go eating the same things day in day out for b/fast and lunch. Week after week .... nah, a bit of variety makes it interesting.

Question: If you did eat the same thing day in, day out for weeks and even months on months, once you reached your goal(s), would you then continue down that track?? .....Or would you start trying different things.

I think varying meals whilst keeping track of your weight/fitness may put you onto a better path in this regard.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my breakfast and lunch are pretty much always the same. Dinner gets switched up but thats the meal i cook for the whole family.
    chocolate pop tarts are yummy.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do eat the same breakfasts most days. This helps because I can be lazy other wise. I have either peanut butter on toast, or an egg or two , slice of toast and vegiemite. I bought some bacon yesterday, so I might have that tomorrow. One of my weight issues, was being lazy. No excuses now.

Lunch varies depending on what's on hand. Last week we had ham and cheese sandwiches a lot. With tomato until we used it all. Today I made my husband and I a bacon and egg wrap. Sometimes it's meat and salad, though salads leave me short on calories. Working on that one.

Dinner is at work and is leftovers. Tonight I am have spagetti and bolagnaise. I am finding meat, rice/pasta/mashed potato and vegies of some sort is a good basic plain for me. We usally eat like that at home.
  • fredfeldman
    fredfeldman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pretty much during the week:
    Breakfast is 2%cottage cheese (1/2 cup). 2 celery sticks, 2 tablespoonss flavored cream cheese (prefer salmon) and tea

Lunch uses 40 calorie bread 2 slices and 3 oz turkey pastrami plus 2 oz carrots and diet jello and ice tea

Leaves me close to 1,000 calories for dinner

I start losing weight after about a week. Lost 20 pounds
  • danivee33
    Options
    No, I mix it up... whatever I feel like eating and have time for. Life is too short to eat the same foods everyday
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    How people can restrict themselves to a couple of things is a total mistery to me. Food has such a great variety too it, for me that would be like wearing the same clothes every day or watching the same movie over and over again. (However I actually know people who do just that :) )
  • kristalflohr
    Options
    I just started this program. But I dont do the same thing everyday for breakfest. I like to change it up so its not so boring for me. I do watch my calories when I change it up. I may try a plan for a week then change it up. But as of right now everyday is different.
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I actually ate the same lunch for years (unless it was the weekend, or if for some reason I went out for lunch, which happened very infrequently). My weight stayed completely stable during that time too.

Sweet potato (small)
    3 - 5 oz. of chicken breast
    Fresh spinach
    Grated Parmesan cheese

I'd throw it all in the microwave oven at work. I really never got tired of it. Plus I was always hungry because I worked out during my lunch hour.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I mix it up every month or so :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I do this but not on purpose. I pack my whole week of lunches every Sunday, so I kind of just make an assembly line with all the same stuff for each day.

Here recently I have had water, salad tomatoes, almonds, either soup or brown rice, a mandarin orange and a piece of dark chocolate. I also have pretty much the same snacks every day.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things generally for a week or two, then I try and mix it up a little. That way, it's very easy on a daily basis but I don't get bored.

Me too.

I do as well, makes it easy for preparing and planning for my work day as I usually eat breakfast at work