Celebs that lie about their size

Options
Does anyone else just guffaw when they hear people like Kim Kardashan say they're a size 2 or Kirstie Alley say she's a size 4? I mean you're curvy, just own it! Is it really that shameful to be a size 8 or 10? I don't know, just a personal pet peeve. It's so ridiculous too. I mean you just look at them and you're like "uh, your right cheek wouldn't fit in a size 2".

Replies

• deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kim k can very well be a size 2
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    They may very well be those sizes. My wife is a size 2 and incredibly curvy. The thing is, what you see on film or in photographs is just proportions, so someone could be very small IRL and still look very curvy. Think about how small Tom Cruise is IRL, for a male example.
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    um, in what universe?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    kim k can very well be a size 2

^^^ I was thinking the same thing.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    so, short, generally small people can't have curves? I must be of mythic ethnicity then.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    These are the things that keep me up at night. I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    never said she couldn't have curves but there is no way she's a size 2. in vanity sizing maybe
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Just because you aren't a size 2 or 4 - doesn't mean they aren't. Kim K is very small if you've met her. As for Kirstie - she's all over the map depending on when you see her.

Don't judge people you don't know.

And, BTW, this is NOT a general diet and weight loss help topic.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    um, in what universe?
    In the "she's 5'2" universe.

Also, why on Earth do you care? Why are you so bothered by what sizes *other* people wear? What bearing, if any, does that have on *your* life?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing big on Kim K is her *kitten*...And while it IS big and AMAZING, its not GINORMOUS...So I can believe she is a size 2.
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    Just because you aren't a size 2 or 4 - doesn't mean they aren't. Kim K is very small if you've met her. As for Kirstie - she's all over the map depending on when you see her.

Don't judge people you don't know.

And, BTW, this is NOT a general diet and weight loss help topic.

Um, honey I know I'm not a size 2 or 4. I just find it irritating when people who are curvy and obviously are bigger sizes won't just own it. And I'm sorry, have you met Kim Kardashian? Are you BFFs? And if you don't like the topic, don't reply.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    um, in what universe?
    In the "she's 5'2" universe.

Also, why on Earth do you care? Why are you so bothered by what sizes *other* people wear? What bearing, if any, does that have on *your* life?

^This.

And this smells a bit like body shaming in my opinion.

Why not worry about your own bodies and let other people be happy with their's.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    cool down everyone. I'm sure Kim K can care less.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 8 ... a 6 if the style is generous to curves ... and Kim is a hell of a lot smaller than I am.
    It wouldn't surprise me if she was a 2 at all.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    um, I think kim k is a shorty and so she may be a size 2. i've been a size 4 and i think she's even shorter than me. saw her sis kourtney at the store once with mason as a baby and she was tiny and kendall was even tinier like a zero, so I think yeah, she could be that small. curves and all. i have dangerous curves when I'm a size 4. watch out!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Who cares what they say their size is? Does it really matter?
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    I'm not body shaming and she's a celebrity. A public figure. Someone who puts herself out there to be scrutinized. I'm not talking about a co-worker or friend here. Jeez. Y'all need to lighten up.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    do you need diet or weight loss help?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Just turn off the Grammys.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Who cares what they say their size is? Does it really matter?
    Only their bra size REALLY matters.
This discussion has been closed.