Tilapia Question

Options
13»

Replies

• SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My go-to is to make packets out of foil. I'll make two at a time (it's just me and the boyfriend).

Spray butter (optional)
    Lemon juice (I prefer fresh lemon, but can do with just the juice in a pinch)
    Dill

Put a little of each on both sides of the fish. I'll place half of the lemon on top of the fish and close up the packet. Bake for 15 minutes on 450.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Mix some dill weed and garlic powder in butter/margarine and pour it over the fish. Cover and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Enjoy.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I "pan fry" my tilapia with Pam...it only takes 10-15 minutes and it is done. I put spinach & herb seasoning on it and enjoy!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Tilapia... I'm going to have to come back to this thread.
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to cook tilapia or any fish, is to bake it or broil it.
    Seasonings I use and my family loves it!
    Garlic powder
    Garlic salt
    alot of paprika sprinkled all over the fish
    black pepper
    cayene, Just a bit..... too much and its too spicey.
    Molly McButter,,,,, I sprinkle it all over the fish and it tastes buttery but no calories from it.

Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or until it flakes. I like Swai fish the best, its very mild and not fishy at all. You can find it everywhere now. Swai is individually packaged,,, we love it!

I used to love Tilapia, and I still do but I recently discovered the Swai as well and it is hands down better than Tilapia. Sometimes cooking with Tilapia, some of the fillets can be very fragile. Swai is denser but the flavor is awesome and it's easier to handle. Here is one of my favorite light recipes for cooking Swai. I often add ginger, thyme and rosemary when cooking fish too. Hope you enjoy this http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1127955.....
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you're asking about tilapia because I just bought some yesterday to have for one of our dinners this week! We NEVER eat fish - I have a total aversion to it - but I'm trying to mix things up and keep trying! :) This is the recipe I'll be using for our tilapia this week:

http://www.food.com/recipe/tilapia-cakes-254663
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Options
    My favorite way to cook tilapia or any fish, is to bake it or broil it.
    Seasonings I use and my family loves it!
    Garlic powder
    Garlic salt
    alot of paprika sprinkled all over the fish
    black pepper
    cayene, Just a bit..... too much and its too spicey.
    Molly McButter,,,,, I sprinkle it all over the fish and it tastes buttery but no calories from it.

Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or until it flakes. I like Swai fish the best, its very mild and not fishy at all. You can find it everywhere now. Swai is individually packaged,,, we love it!

I use this combination of spices all the time! (except the McButter, never heard of it.) This is a good general go-to seasoning for most meats I cook =) Definitely try
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like dipping the fish in an egg/skim milk mixture and cover it with crushed cashews or almonds. Broil for a couple of minutes on each side.

this sounds so good
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My absolute fav way to make tilapia....

1/4 cup - Parmesean cheese grated (I use the reduced fat)
    1/4 cup Panko
    2 teaspons Italian Seasoning
    1/2 - 1 teaspoon (depending on how spicy you like things) Red pepper flakes
    Olive Oil
    About 4 tilapia filets

Combine Panko, Parmesean cheese and both seasonings into a bowl. Dip filets into olive oil then into the mixture. Coat both sides.

Bake on 350 for 25 minutes.

Its amazing. My boyfriend requests it every week. I know the cheese makes it sound like its going to be high on calories, but its not :)