Stressing, Should I Get Ex Valentine Flowers?

Options

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain but Let it go.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Why/how were you reaching out over the last two years? Why does it matter how long it took her to move on -- so long as she actually broke up with you before she did it? Why would you send her flowers if she is just now (after two years) getting to the point where she can speak to you?

Sending a woman with a significant other flowers on a romantic holiday is a HUGE no-no. It's just disrespectful, even if you think their relationship is on the outs. I have a excellent relationship with an ex - we frequently socialize. If he ever sent me flowers for Valentine's (I am married) I would have to reevaluate the relationship (probably by taking a GIANT step back and limiting contact).

So yeah, just don't.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Also, flowers are not really emotional support.

my thoughts exactly.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Sounds like EX is playing the comparison game.

Yes, she used to be amazing, but that's over. She probably just wants to see if she still has your heart to do with what she wants. That's not cool.

Besides, flower prices double for V-Day. Do you really want to waste twice as much money on flowers for someone who just wants to make sure she has a back-up plan?
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Can you text her a photo of flowers and call it good?

Lol. Classy, I love it.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    No flowers but tell her that you did not like the way things ended and that you need to be with her one last time to be over everything!

Hit it and quit it.....

For realies? HORRIBLE ADVICE!

No, do not send her flowers. She is in another relationship. I would NOT appreciate it if my ex sent me flowers while being in another relationship, and I'm DAMN sure my boyfriend wouldn't either. My current boyfriend is well aware of an ex I have that is stationed overseas right now. I told him we still communicate every now and then (5 emails or so back and forth every few months) just to check in with each other) in case he ever saw them in my inbox because he is deployed, and I want to be a decent human and tell him I hope he is well every now and then. That is NOT the same thing as buying each other flowers. I would totally think it was inappropriate if I bought him flowers of if he bought me flowers.

If you two want to be friends/supportive of each other's lives, buying flowers while she is in another relationship is not being supportive. That crosses the line.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Sending flowers IS interfering.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    No, Heck no, Eff no, just plain......no
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    but she never responded.
    she is in a new relationship (for over a year).

This stands out to me which would make me say NO! Move on. She has so its time for you to get on with your life as well. Let her current guy buy her the flowers and what not.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Actually, it sounds like she is just playing around or looking for support that her current relationship isn't giving her. Her reaching out to you saying "I've finally gotten our breakup straight" but yet she was in a relationship 2 months after you ended it, then something is fishy. She isn't being or hasn't been truthful.

If you can't be friends with her now because of your feelings, then I'd say there is no point in sending her flowers. Not to mention how awkward and disturbing that might be to her current boyfriend. Just tell her happy valentines day or something to that effect. She'll know then that you're thinking of her without all the negative effects flowers could bring.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    UM,,,,,NO.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Of someone were to buy me flowers this valentines whilst I'm with my partner (and ill be honest the going is, not good here)... It would cause a lot of hassle for me. He wouldn't like it and it may look like I've been up to Something and I haven't!

No matter if things are going good or not, you are in a relationship and accepting flowers from another man is not acceptable. Looks like she knew she could play you and she is.

I'd return the favour and not respond personally. That gives her chance to work out her relationship if she wants. I think part of the problem these days is there is so much much social networking that it is easy to take the easy way out.
    Contact an ex etc.

If you are going to reply I'd say that you know she is in another relationship so you will not intrude and you wish her well.

Zara
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Uh.. no. She is your ex. She is in a relationship. There is no need to buy her flowers - let her current other half do that. The past is the past leave it there.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Unless you are wanting to restart the relationship with her I'd say no. I can only imagine what her boyfriend would think if her ex suddenly showed up with flowers. She may be trying to use you to get her current bo jealous which if that is the case, because chicks do that kinda crap, forget her. Buy flowers for yourself.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    of course not, based on what u said Move on
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It sounds like just mentioning her name is messing with your head. If that's the case, it's best you stay away. Quite frankly, you seem very unsure of yourself and it sounds like you might "relapse" on your old feelings. I've been there, buddy. Shoot, you sound like you're about five beers away from a drunken phone call.

Bottom line: Stay away. Especially on Valentines day.

Don't buy her flowers unless someone in her family dies or something and you're expressing condolences.
  • phxdeanna
    Options
    When the past comes calling, let it go to voicemail...it has nothing new to say.
    NO.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Dang people..you guys are harsh...

"We went through some hard times together and she cared for Me through a bad illness, she was wonderful, she even financially supported Me! "

If she wants your support don't send flowers take them to her and tell her I am here per your request...

hit it and quit it...
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Do not send her flowers, but I would send her a letter thanking her for always being there for you, for taking care of you through your illness, etc and let her know that while you cannot be friends due to your feelings, that you will always be there for her should she need your support.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I want her to know that I can't do the "friend" thing but i am here for her.

Obviously the answer on the flowers is "NO". But this ^^ just doesn't make any sense. How are you going to be there for her if you can't be her friend? I think it's best to just call it what it is, over. Move on, it's best for you and her.